Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Order submitted. Suit will be here early next week. Thanks BajaRon....a pleasure talking on the phone with you.
    I don't talk to many on the phone. Not that I'm against it, just usually not necessary. It is kind of nice to actually talk to a customer every once-in-awhile. Spyderlovers are always great to talk to. Wish I had more time to do it more often.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 11-15-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default My complaint

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I have never heard anyone that owned one complain about the ThermoSuit. That's pretty good in this day and age. It says a lot for how handy and functional this suit really is.
    I have one, and my only problem is I have to put it on just as I go outside. If I put it on in the morning, and then go get my lunch from the fridge I break out in a sweat. Keeps me warm, and works good in the rain too.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    I have one, and my only problem is I have to put it on just as I go outside. If I put it on in the morning, and then go get my lunch from the fridge I break out in a sweat. Keeps me warm, and works good in the rain too.
    Same with my riding suit, or even long underwear. I hate it when I sweat and drip onto my glasses.

Spyder Garage

Same with my riding suit, or even long underwear. I hate it when I sweat and drip onto my glasses.
    Sometimes way too much information is provided...... this may be one of those times!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wink Ordered yesterday, received today!!!

Extremely pleased with this purchase. This is my first suit, so it will take a little bit to get used to, but my initial thoughts are that it will definitely keep me warm here in the philly burbs as I was walking around my apartment and could definitely tell I was warming up quickly.

Thanks Ron!

Kevyn
    aka MindlessMuse

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Ron. I just got my suit. Shipping was as quick as I've seen and it is a great suit at a great price. A very happy camper here. Fit was exactly as Ron suggested.

Now for that RT anti-sway bar (no matter what the color).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default only up to 3XL!!!

I wish I could, but even at 3XL I would need to sew two together to get it to fit. Well, back to the fat & fatter store.

I do want to ask if anyone has had knee replacements and then rode in very cold weather? I went out to see the meteor shower tonight, (great view of the sky on the Spyder), & when I got home, not only was I freezing, but my knee's weir super cold. This is the first time riding in cold weather w/the replacements. I've been back about 2 hrs now and my knees are still colder then the rest of my body. Has anyone else had this experience? I thought the themo suit would help, but may be some kind of knee warmers... Any advise?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default T Suit from Ron

Ordered my suit on Thursday and it arrived yesterday...over night...wow, what great service from BajaRon. The T Suit will definitely keep me warm when ryding in chilly weather. Ordered a medium and the fit is good...little long in the legs but thats good when sitting on the Spyder. Now I'm ready when/if the weather here in Southeast VA turns cold...temps now running in the 50s during the day but winter isn't really here yet. The true test will come after the first of the year when weather in this area usually turns cold.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

I ordered mine last night, it should get here next week as BajaRon processed the order on a Saturday, the man is dedicated!

Temps here by the bay in MD are low to mid 50s during the day 30s at night. I'm excited to try it out. I've read a bunch of reviews and it seems REALLY warm
    2012 RT , Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
    I've read a bunch of reviews and it seems REALLY warm
    if I had to complain it would be that it is too warm!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
    I ordered mine last night, it should get here next week as BajaRon processed the order on a Saturday, the man is dedicated!

Temps here by the bay in MD are low to mid 50s during the day 30s at night. I'm excited to try it out. I've read a bunch of reviews and it seems REALLY warm
    I rode about 150 miles yesterday w/ temp in low 50s and it was really windy. Didn't wear the T Suit, thought it wasn't cold enough, but wished I had.

My concern is that the T Suit may be too warm for the relatively mild winter temps typical to Southeast VA. Will have to test it out if/when the temps get into the 30s.

Spyder Garage

Ron,

I do hiking and snoeshoeing in the winter. Is that one piece to cumbersome to move around in?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Highly interested. Do they fit people 6'2" with a 34" leg length? Is this the kind that you have to plug into your bike's battery?

Im 6'4" and bought one last year and it fits great.

Diggittt
    Full Moon #1176

Talon Alarm
    Trunk Spring
    Power Bus
    H.I.D. Headlights
    Kuryakyn ISO Grips
    NMN Highway Brackets
    Kuryakan Highway Pegs
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust
    BRP Sports Rack & Back Rest
    LED Fender Tips
    Ride-On
    BRP Tank Bag
    H.I.D. Fog Lights
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    GlowRyder L.E.D. W/Remote
    TricLed Fender Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Ron,

I do hiking and snoeshoeing in the winter. Is that one piece to cumbersome to move around in?
    The Thermo isn't cumbersome, it really doesn't weigh all that much. I don't know if anyone has used this suit for the the purpose you mention but it would certainly keep you warm.

Ultimate Spyderlover
    Spyder Garage

Default Fast shipping, high quality

That was some fast shipping for standard ground. Suit got in this morning at 8 am (think I just ordered it Friday, Lol). I must say I am excited to try this tonight. It looks to be high quality and feels that way too. Last night I rode in 45 degree temps with 5 layers of clothes and still felt the wind infiltrating my chest and freezing me. I'm looking forward to seeing if this suit can stop the wind getting in better than all the jackets in my closet could. Lol

Spyder Garage

Default Better than my snowmobile suit

Bought mine last year. Well worth every penny! Less weight and warmer than the snowmobile gear I own. You won't be disappointed . Great product.

Ultimate Spyderlover
    Spyder Garage

The suit performed flawlessly. 5 layers of clothing could not keep the wind out, but this suit accomplished it on its own. I rode 90mph at 45 degree temps tonight on an RSS with no windshield and couldn't even tell it was cold outside. It rejects wind like oil rejects water. I no longer have a need to put a big ugly windshied on my beautiful RSS for the winter. I am highly impressed with this product.

Spyder Garage

Alas, why can't they make these in a Tall?
    Alas, why can't they make these in a short? (29" inseam)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by soaring hawk View Post
    Bought mine last year. Well worth every penny! Less weight and warmer than the snowmobile gear I own. You won't be disappointed . Great product.
    So what's the price...or something close?

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

I looked all over and tried to find something for a woman. My wife would love something like this. She is 5'5" and weighs 118. Everything I saw was a fit for a man.

I even went to the First Gear website and didn't see anything save a jacket for a woman.

Any help on this one?

Chris

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hberninger View Post
    Many short riders wear these. They just let the extra length bunch up a bit. It's not like you are trying to make the fashion magazines. If there isn't enough length for your legs, arms, or torso, you can't stretch a suit to fit, but if there is too much, it just bunches up a bit. Some very short (& many women) riders have worn these.

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Many short riders wear these. They just let the extra length bunch up a bit. It's not like you are trying to make the fashion magazines. If there isn't enough length for your legs, arms, or torso, you can't stretch a suit to fit, but if there is too much, it just bunches up a bit. Some very short (& many women) riders have worn these.
    Yes, but I wanna look like those guys on the Can Am Spyder commercials, Scotty.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hberninger View Post
    I've sold out of size Small but I still have plenty of Medium thru 3XL Thermo suits left.

I have customers as short as 5' 5" wearing the medium suit and very satisfied. You want a bit extra in the leg to give you good coverage when seated on the bike. PM me with your measurements and we'll see what we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfats View Post
    So what's the price...or something close?
    PM me, I can't tell you here. I know it sounds melodramatic but humor me on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I looked all over and tried to find something for a woman. My wife would love something like this. She is 5'5" and weighs 118. Everything I saw was a fit for a man.

I even went to the First Gear website and didn't see anything save a jacket for a woman.

Any help on this one?

Chris
    I don't have a Thermo that will fit your wife. But there are alternatives. Starting with the Firstgear BaseGear (shown on the left) then add the TPG Escape Pants (made in women's size/shape) then add a good jacket. The Kilimanjaro comes in Women's sizes.

Or you can go with electric gear, gloves, jacket liner, pants liner and socks (though most people don't need everything, they are available).

Here is a good article written by the lady in these pictures.
    http://blog.compacc.com/2011/01/firs...-pants-review/

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Yes, but I wanna look like those guys on the Can Am Spyder commercials, Scotty.
    I know what you mean! Wouldn't we all!

But once you get cold (and maybe wet too) on a motorcycle, beleive me, you won't care what you look like, you just want to warm up. Been there, done that!

The Thermo suit isn't the most fashionable garment out there. But it looks good enough and it will keep you toasty and dry.

For the price and the comfort, let the other guys freeze in style! And don't be surprised if they ask you where you got your Thermo as they try to warm up over a cup of coffee!

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Post Thought I'd share our Review from 2010- Everything still holds true 2 years later

Here's The Answer to 80% of your Winter Ryde'n Excuses!!!
    1stGear Riding Suit Review
    OK, so I took advantage of the 1stGear Riding Suit being offered here by a fellow member (BajaRon) for a GREAT PRICE -delivered.
    You cant get it that cheap from the manufacturers website even,
    so it was a Great Deal (if it worked)

Well, Ive had mine for over 3 weeks now (as of 12/30/10) & promised to give it a review once I had time to actually test it out, so here goes.

Let me start by saying, IMHO, for the price, YOU CAN'T BEAT IT!

THERMO TEXTILE 1-PIECE SUIT
    100% waterproof, 210 denier Hypertex
    120-gram polyester insulation
    Full storm flap closures on zippers, pockets and cuffs
    Cargo storage pockets
    Elasticized ankle closures and adjustable waist
    2-year limited warranty

Ive ridden in 5-12 degree F temps for more than 30 minutes at a time, reaching brief highway speeds up to triple digits, and with only wearing normal clothes underneath, (long sleeve shirt & jogging pants) & the only thing that got chilled (not cold) was my neck area. While riding, the collar provides adequit wind protection with a full face helmet, but whenever I look down at my instruments, I can feel the cold air on my neck.

Ive read other posts talking about Balaclavas, but I havent really felt I needed one. I actually went out and bought one, and if I were going on a long trip in sub-freezing weather, I may use it, (thus still haven't) But Ive found for trips less than an hour, its not really an issue.

Ive been out ryding everyday that its been dry out. We had 2 weeks straight with below freezing temps, and I was able to ryde 11 of the past 14 days. Today, it got up to 37 & I went for a 100 mile ryde, just for fun. All was on the expressway & I was actually passed by a 2 wheeler, and the thoughts that went thru my head were, that guy looks miserable. He had no windshield, half helmet, scarf, at least 2 heavy coats & i dont know how many pants & gloves, but you could tell the guy wasn't having fun. Me, on the other hand, thanks in part to the RT-S's heated grips & adjustable windshield, along with my 1stGear Riding Suit, I WAS HAVING FUN!!! I love this suit!!!

The legs zip up half way for easy access for putting on boots & then have velcro to close over the zipper to prevent wind/water from get'n in & elastic at the bottom to create a seal around your boots.

The arms have velcro adjusters at the end, so I put on my bulky gloves and velcro them tight and get no air/water penetration at all.

Now for the drawbacks- IMHO:

NO HAND POCKETS:
    The Suit has 1 chest pocket & 2 smallish front-leg cargo pockets. It has no pockets on the sides like you have on normal pants. So, when you come to your destination, & if you take off your balky riding gloves like I do, you have no-where to put your hands to keep them warm while walking in the cold to your destination.

COLLAR:
    The collar could be another inch or so higher to help buffer the cold air when looking down, but that may just be me. I mean, if I had a shorter neck, it wouldn't be an issue, right? LOL As stated above, looking forward with normal driving, the wind wasn't an issue in the neck area.

BULK:
    The suit is kind of bulky, but I don't think you can really get around this, for the wind/cold protection that it gives you. I'm 5'9, 175lb & ordered a medium size. The waist is adjustable with velcro strips and the top fits fine, but the legs bunch just a bit, but nothing major.

OK, so...... all that be'n said, I checked out 1stGears website www.firstgear-usa.com and they do have another riding suit (Expedition) that looks like they corrected the few issues that I mentioned here, but for $500!!!

I'm enjoying ryding every day thats dry no matter the temperature outside. I hope this helps some of you that have been on the fence about this product. I don't think you would be dissapointed, I know I'm VERY SATISFIED & can now enjoy Ryding my Spyder Year Round!!!

Update: 3/24/11
    I ditto everything stated above

I almost put the suit away for SpringTime, and BAMM!!!! Snow on Sunday... Teddy & I are ok tho, cause I have my 1stGear Thermo Ryde'n suit, & Teddy's got his enclosed carrier with heating pad.

Update: 11/20/12
    Everything still holds true, even 2 years later. One poster mentioned how hot the suit gets if your indoors while wearing it, like at a store or getting ready for a ryde. YES, the suit will make you hot enough to sweat if you wear it long enough in warmer temps, so to help eleviate this issue, I've learned if I'm going to be indoors while wearing it for longer than 15 minutes or so, to make like a surfer-dude, unzip the top portion and take the top part down off my arms & torso, then take the arms and wrap them around and tie them in front of you, making like a surfer-dude (or dude-et) There is a bit of bulk to contend with, but I've found this solution works well for me, and I'm not sweating like I would have been if I'd been wearing the entire suit while indoors. Usually with just the suit covering only my legs, I don't work up a sweat at all. May not look the most stylish, but it saves you from sweating and the suit allows you to ryde year round........ I still LOVE IT!!! Thanks RON
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 11-20-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Ultimate Spyderlover
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Here's The Answer to 80% of your Winter Ryde'n Excuses!!!
    1stGear Riding Suit Review
    OK, so I took advantage of the 1stGear Riding Suit being offered here by a fellow member (BajaRon) for a GREAT PRICE -delivered.
    You cant get it that cheap from the manufacturers website even,
    so it was a Great Deal (if it worked)

Well, Ive had mine for over 3 weeks now (as of 12/30/10) & promised to give it a review once I had time to actually test it out, so here goes.

Let me start by saying, IMHO, for the price, YOU CAN'T BEAT IT!

THERMO TEXTILE 1-PIECE SUIT
    100% waterproof, 210 denier Hypertex
    120-gram polyester insulation
    Full storm flap closures on zippers, pockets and cuffs
    Cargo storage pockets
    Elasticized ankle closures and adjustable waist
    2-year limited warranty

Ive ridden in 5-12 degree F temps for more than 30 minutes at a time, reaching brief highway speeds up to triple digits, and with only wearing normal clothes underneath, (long sleeve shirt & jogging pants) & the only thing that got chilled (not cold) was my neck area. While riding, the collar provides adequit wind protection with a full face helmet, but whenever I look down at my instruments, I can feel the cold air on my neck.

Ive read other posts talking about Balaclavas, but I havent really felt I needed one. I actually went out and bought one, and if I were going on a long trip in sub-freezing weather, I may use it, (thus still haven't) But Ive found for trips less than an hour, its not really an issue.

Ive been out ryding everyday that its been dry out. We had 2 weeks straight with below freezing temps, and I was able to ryde 11 of the past 14 days. Today, it got up to 37 & I went for a 100 mile ryde, just for fun. All was on the expressway & I was actually passed by a 2 wheeler, and the thoughts that went thru my head were, that guy looks miserable. He had no windshield, half helmet, scarf, at least 2 heavy coats & i dont know how many pants & gloves, but you could tell the guy wasn't having fun. Me, on the other hand, thanks in part to the RT-S's heated grips & adjustable windshield, along with my 1stGear Riding Suit, I WAS HAVING FUN!!! I love this suit!!!

The legs zip up half way for easy access for putting on boots & then have velcro to close over the zipper to prevent wind/water from get'n in & elastic at the bottom to create a seal around your boots.

The arms have velcro adjusters at the end, so I put on my bulky gloves and velcro them tight and get no air/water penetration at all.

Now for the drawbacks- IMHO:

NO HAND POCKETS:
    The Suit has 1 chest pocket & 2 smallish front-leg cargo pockets. It has no pockets on the sides like you have on normal pants. So, when you come to your destination, & if you take off your balky riding gloves like I do, you have no-where to put your hands to keep them warm while walking in the cold to your destination.

COLLAR:
    The collar could be another inch or so higher to help buffer the cold air when looking down, but that may just be me. I mean, if I had a shorter neck, it wouldn't be an issue, right? LOL As stated above, looking forward with normal driving, the wind wasn't an issue in the neck area.

BULK:
    The suit is kind of bulky, but I don't think you can really get around this, for the wind/cold protection that it gives you. I'm 5'9, 175lb & ordered a medium size. The waist is adjustable with velcro strips and the top fits fine, but the legs bunch just a bit, but nothing major.

OK, so...... all that be'n said, I checked out 1stGears website www.firstgear-usa.com and they do have another riding suit (Expedition) that looks like they corrected the few issues that I mentioned here, but for $500!!!

I'm enjoying ryding every day thats dry no matter the temperature outside. I hope this helps some of you that have been on the fence about this product. I don't think you would be dissapointed, I know I'm VERY SATISFIED & can now enjoy Ryding my Spyder Year Round!!!

Update: 3/24/11
    I ditto everything stated above

I almost put the suit away for SpringTime, and BAMM!!!! Snow on Sunday... Teddy & I are ok tho, cause I have my 1stGear Thermo Ryde'n suit, & Teddy's got his enclosed carrier with heating pad.

Update: 11/20/12
    Everything still holds true, even 2 years later. One poster mentioned how hot the suit gets if your indoors while wearing it, like at a store or getting reading for a ryde. YES, the suit will make you hot enough to sweat if you wear it long enough in warmer temps, so to help eleviate this issue, I've learned if I'm going to be indoors while wearing it for longer than 15 minutes or so, to make like a surfer-dude, unzip the top portion and take the top part down off my arms & torso, then take the arms and wrap them around and tie them in front of you, making like a surfer-dude (or dude-et) There is a bit of bulk to contend with, but I've found this solution works well for me, and I'm not sweating like I would have been if I'd been wearing the entire suit while indoors. Usually with just the suit covering only my legs, I don't work up a sweat at all. May not look the most stylish, but it saves you from sweating and the suit allows you to ryde year round........ I still LOVE IT!!! Thanks RON

This review is spot on. Everything said here is exactly what I would have wrote in a full review. You would have laughed watching me last night at the gas station trying to get my wallet out of the chest pocket. Took me 3 minutes. LOL. I was just too stubborn to take my helmet and gloves off. LOL. I'm thinking I'm gonna find one of those masks that covers the neck and lower face, because even the full face helmet doesn't stop the air penetrating and swirling around your nose, cheek, and chin.
    Last edited by Kratos; 11-20-2012 at 01:34 PM.