Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    Read your manual and watch the DVD for sure (my RT came with one). Go to an empty parking lot and practice, practice and then practice some more with your turning, Braking and throttle to get good and familiar with your Spyder. I have ridden bikes all my life and your learning curve is going to be quick due to the fact that you don't have to Unlearn how to ride a 2 wheeler. Get in that parking lot and do figure eights, put the brakes on hard so you'll know what to expect. Practice reverse backing in and out of spaces, all of this seems elementary but believe me, the more you get the feel for how the spyder reacts to your input the better and safer you will be. Your confidence lever will grow with every ride.
    Have fun and be safe, this forum is the best place to be on the net for helpful information.
    Stan

This is what I did when I first started riding. Bruiser and I would go to an empty parking lot, a car dealership that had gone out of business, and I practiced there. Ironically, the HD dealer was next door, so I had quite a few watching me, which was a little nerve-wracking. I'd never ridden anything, as Bruiser had experience with two-wheels. I was nervous and scared at first, but as everyone on here has said, take it slow and practice. The more seat time you get, the better you'll feel and the more confident you will get. And yes, you have to watch everyone on the road. I find I'm even more conscious of my environment, even in our cagers, then I was before. Ride safe and enjoy the wind in your face!!

Spyder Garage

Default Obi-Wan would be proud

You have taken your first step into a larger (and awsome) world. It doesn't matter if I am on my Spyder or my Sportster, like Daisyjoe said, the freedom is amazing. About the falling feeling... Turn left, chin to left hand. Turn right, chin to right hand. You will quickly get a feel for how far you need to lean at a certain speed and turn radius. Just don't end up being a hooligan like me and hanging off the side while zipping around turns. It scares the cagers.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Happy riding!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

When I was learning to ride (on a two wheeler) I got a lot of practice pulling off and on the road. Whenever traffic would come up behind me I would pull off and let them go by so I could toodle along at the speed I was comfortable doing.

Spyder Garage

Just go at your pace that you are comfortable with. Driving on roads without much traffic, gaining confidence with the Spyder. Then try highways and freeways.

Spyder Garage

Default taking my time

Quote Originally Posted by Daisyjoe View Post
    on your ride! I, too, had never rode a motorcycle, but was no stranger to a 4 wheeler. As some of the other posts have stated, JUST

RELAX, DON'T FIGHT THE HANDLEBARS. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE! The thing that frightened me the most, being unprotected and vulnerable to the world, is the thing that brings me the most fun and pleasure now . THE FREEDOM IS SO EXHILARATING Enjoy your bike!

yes, I am riding everyday that I can trying to get in practice in my neighborhood even before I take my safety course. I have been in contact with a spyder rider that I met at my dealership and he was like "let's hit the road, it's easy" and I had to tell him, "man, I still turn a corner at 9 mph maximum speed". The road will wait on me.