Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

I`m just an over the Alps-RT-taxi driver for my wife (29.000 kms) - (never any problem) - so the decitions for a new modell comes from the backseat
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Love it! Sits next to my HD, and my wife's RT.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default RT

Yes I would but the wife said I could not trade my 2011 RT.
    15 rt , yes Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) CSW61's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Would you buy your RT all over again?

You bet you. Wife loves it more everythime she rides it. 12,000 miles this year so far and still riding. 2010 RT
    2018 RT Limited , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Was asked this question on another forum about 2-3 months ago. Initially said most likely wouldn't do it again? As time has continued on I would say I have changed that to maybe I would do it again.

Reliability for me (knock on wood) has not been an issue.

Service costs (only completed the 1000 Kilometer so far) was not an issue, my dealer is excellent. I am just about due for the 6000 Kilometer service and I do not anticipate my dealer changing his operation method much so again not a cost issue.

I think why I have changed my mind slowly is the acceptance that this thing is in no manner a motorcycle, I used to believe it was just another flavour of a motorcycle. Sorry it ain't, compare it to a Goldwing or a BMW or a Harley all you want..............it ain't. So at first it was like @^&%#* me what have I bought, but slowly I accepted it for what it was a CanAm Roadster. No one currently builds anything remotely similar other then of course the cheap knock offs that try and copy cat everything. Once I accepted this "motorcycle comparison" I quit being disappointed in it and started to appreciate the uniqueness of it, with all its beauty and warts showing.

Last thing for me was the "Fun" or "Wow" factor, when you get a handle on the performance and on the handling this thing is just downright cool. The only reason that I may not do it again is if money was not an issue I would most likley go back to a motorcyle.......the Goldwing Trike really floats my boat but up here you will need a fair bit more of a "toy budget" to play.

Spyder Garage

Yes I would do all over again. In fact, I have ordered a new 2013 RT Limited.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default YES

8200 miles now and not the 1st problem.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yes, I would, great fun riding and have met wonderful people along the way. Not enough miles on it yet to give an opinion on reliability, but so far so good and a pile of fun!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

The wife and I sure would. We really enjoy our new toy.

Spyder Garage

Yes. I have owned Goldwings, BMW's, tricked a gold wing, Harley Road King, Harley FLHTCUSE3( custom Vehicle Operations Ultra Classic Screaming Eagle) and I am enjoying these RT's more than all of them. And this is despite a few problems.
    Pete

Fortune Favors The Bold!

Spyder Garage

I would buy another in a minute only been a few months but have really enjoyed the ride

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yes I would!

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Snooping

If indeed, all of the above responses didn't kinda sorta give you a "BIG" clue, here's one more. I have been on this sight for two years now, biding my time while I rode a Honda VTX1300 which was a great ride, just not a Spyder. I was finally able, due to SteveMac and especially Len at Cowtown to pull the trigger and ride home from Cuba with a 2012 Spyder RT A&C which I DEARLY LOVE as does my wife. One thing that has been mentioned just a few times but I will repeat is "DEALER IS EVERYTHING". If you're on this sight very long, you'll come to know Cowtown and Len as the best reputation I've EVER seen in any dealership, not just Spyders. My only advice to you is talk to the dealers in your area. You'll soon find out who is reputible, and if you don't have dealers close, I promise you, Len and Cowtown in Cuba is worth the drive. You won't be sorry.

Jim Dumey
    farmerjim

Spyder Garage

Default Would you buy your RT all over again?

Simply put, YES

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Yes yes yes

Absolutely! Soon to be 43,000 awesome miles on 2010 RTSE5. I am with Bob it's a big ole' hell yes!!!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Yes, yes and yes!! We love our Spydee!! It is an awesome ryde. I also did a lot of research before we decided to sign on the dotted line. It was the best decision we made!! If we had it to do over again, the only thing we would change is not waiting so long to get one!!

Dee and Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We recently did a tour into France and Germany with a bunch of couples on bikes. Only 4 days in and our RT's passenger seat was voted by the ladies on tour as the "Most Envied Place to Park Your Posterior".

The RT gets noticed, mainly because there is nothing else like it on the road. We have just over 6000 miles on the clock and are loving it. What is there not to like?

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Absolutely! I have a 2010 RT and have almost 15,000 miles on it. Have not had any problems with it so far. Just wish I could ryde it more but weather gets in the way and then of course there's WORK!!!! bj

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have had my RT Limited for nearly 4 months 3500 miles problem free.I agree with many posts be sure of the dealer you buy from.Not just the price but the key is how they assembled it.I lucked out I bought from an excellent dealer during a 2 month stay in Michigan.Now I am back in South Florida I carefully selected the dealer to service it.I now ride 100 miles instead of 4 dealers who are much closer.
    I certainly would buy it again.Its a great ride.I feel much safer than I did on my Goldwing which I loved riding.In the back of my mind 1 or 2 years down the line might get the latest model.

Ivor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by farmerjim View Post
    If indeed, all of the above responses didn't kinda sorta give you a "BIG" clue, here's one more. I have been on this sight for two years now, biding my time while I rode a Honda VTX1300 which was a great ride, just not a Spyder. I was finally able, due to SteveMac and especially Len at Cowtown to pull the trigger and ride home from Cuba with a 2012 Spyder RT A&C which I DEARLY LOVE as does my wife. One thing that has been mentioned just a few times but I will repeat is "DEALER IS EVERYTHING". If you're on this sight very long, you'll come to know Cowtown and Len as the best reputation I've EVER seen in any dealership, not just Spyders. My only advice to you is talk to the dealers in your area. You'll soon find out who is reputible, and if you don't have dealers close, I promise you, Len and Cowtown in Cuba is worth the drive. You won't be sorry.

Jim Dumey
    farmerjim
    Jim, congratulations on your new ride. I remember we both joined Spyderlovers at the same time and related our similar experiences and how we were biding time til we could pull the trigger. Good for you! I'm hoping to pull the trigger too!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We've been waiting for you to "Drink The Kool-Aid"...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black