Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Spyder...

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 Spyder...

Maybe the new model is the hybrid that was talked about a couple of years ago. The turququoise and white on. What do you guys think?
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ron2andia View Post
    Maybe the new model is the hybrid that was talked about a couple of years ago. The turququoise and white on. What do you guys think?
    It is fun to speculate, but really, it's a waste of time. The 13's are probably pretty much set in stone by now and it only remains to wait and see.

My question would be, how many will jump ship to the new model if it is a quantum improvement?
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Not me. Just bought a new 2011.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Would have to have some awesome improvements for me to upgrade. More horse power, bigger fuel tank and a better way to cancel turn signal . All that being said I can live with the HP and smallest gas tank but the turn signal needs some work .
    Happy Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I would imagine that some folks would just for the bragging rights of "I have the newest and latest"! But it would have to be out a while before any great mass exodus occurs. Most RS riders who were not too happy already switched over to the RT's. I don't beleive that they would sell a one or two year old Spyder to get a first year model. Not if it is a rrevolutionary change such as a hybrid or totally different model like a sport touring RS maybe. In my case I just bought a 2012 RT-S, am very happy and satisfied with it and will be financially involved for a few years, LOL!

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

A dramatic change is the very reason I've opted to wait for the 2013's. Since my operation in April, I really haven't been able to ride until this month. I figured it would behoove me to wait just a bit more and see what is in September.

Chris

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Not me, I just want a reliable 2010 to ride. So far, this isnt the case.

Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My dealer who had locations in Que. told me last week that there will be a sport touring model but couldnt say more than that. Makes sense but it would need to have a serious HP bump to be a true sport touring. I assume it would have removable rear luggage like some sport touring bikes. So probably based on the RS?

Josh

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sport touring = hybrid RS.

I mean, if I *had* to guess, you've got your sport (RS) and your touring (the reportedly increased hybrid range).

Alas, I ain't jumping ship for a hybrid. As much as I'd love the extra range, I'm certain the price is going to be crazy for what you get. And as a "motorcycle" I already get to drive in the HOV lanes around here, so that benefit is out.

Now, put that hybrid engine on an RT and send me across the country at 300 miles a "tank," THEN we'd be talking.

Anyway... my guess remains the same from the LAST dozen times someone's posted a 2013 speculation thread: new paint colors, that's it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Is there any reliable information as to when BRP will release their new models? Or is there a timeframe when they normally release new models?

One dealer I talked with told me January is the normal BRP month for releasing new models.

Carl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
    Is there any reliable information as to when BRP will release their new models? Or is there a timeframe when they normally release new models?

One dealer I talked with told me January is the normal BRP month for releasing new models.

Carl
    September 23rd.....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Camdenlake View Post
    My dealer who had locations in Que. told me last week that there will be a sport touring model but couldnt say more than that. Makes sense but it would need to have a serious HP bump to be a true sport touring. I assume it would have removable rear luggage like some sport touring bikes. So probably based on the RS?

Josh
    More HP than what?

The RS is 106 stock. RT is 100 stock.

I wouldn't expect an ST version to be more powerful than the RS.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Dealers and Sea Doo ( I mean BRP) has always loved trade ups to new models. Thats how the dealers make BIG $$?
    Your so excited you take less on the trade to get the New and Improved Model and they get Double profit- Your trade AND the new one.
    With 21,000 I would be foolish to trade a Great running machine until at least --- The 1st of October

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Ultimate Spyderlover
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    It is fun to speculate, but really, it's a waste of time. The 13's are probably pretty much set in stone by now and it only remains to wait and see.

My question would be, how many will jump ship to the new model if it is a quantum improvement?
    I would have jumped....but I'm racking up on hours of mod work on this '12, and the more you put into modding a bike, the more you don't want all of that labor going to waste and starting over. So I'm gonna stay put I think....

Senior Moment
    Spyder Garage

If they offer a RS with a little better seating postion and a radio My 22012 is gone.. Oh and a great color also.. But yeah I will bite the bullet and trade

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Based on the fine reading material on this and other forum sites,,,,I would not touch
    anything new from BRP for at least 3 years.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Neutron View Post
    If they offer a RS with a little better seating postion and a radio My 22012 is gone.. Oh and a great color also.. But yeah I will bite the bullet and trade
    Radio? really?

"...don't let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy..."

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Turn Signal

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Would have to have some awesome improvements for me to upgrade. More horse power, bigger fuel tank and a better way to cancel turn signal . All that being said I can live with the HP and smallest gas tank but the turn signal needs some work .
    I have 400 miles on my new 2012 RT and can only say "Amen brother". I don't know how many times I have sounded the horn instead of cancelling the turn signal or changed directions instead of cancelling.

Spyder Garage

Turn signals have come up a couple times so far in this thread.

Thanks to another poster: Holding the turn signal in to cancel for an extra second or so does the job every time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Cancelling Turn Signal

akspyderman is spot on...pressing the turn signal buttion for a second or two will cancel the turn signal without turning on the other (direction) signal...try it, you'll like it!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    akspyderman is spot on...pressing the turn signal buttion for a second or two will cancel the turn signal without turning on the other (direction) signal...try it, you'll like it!!
    I didnt even think it was a second or two. Just pressing the the turn signal button in and releasing it has always turned the signal off for me. Isnt that what you're supposed to do?

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Whats wrong with the turn signal? Mine switches off automatically after completing the turn. When I switch lanes I push the turn button in (to switch it off) instead of switching it left-to-right or vice-versa.

HTH.
    2016 F3T SM6 , Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

September 23rd...
    Until then...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

gpthree- for some, me included, cancelling the turn signal when making less than a full turn i.e., when making a lane change, proved to be somewhat of a challenge. More times than not either the same turn signal stayed on after a quick press of the turn signal button or the opposite turn signal came on. It has been posted a few times that holding the button in for a second or so will cancel the signal without fail. If you haven't had a problem cancelling the turn signal then suggest you continue doing what you do. If at some point you find the signal not cancelling you might try this technique.