Well after 6800 miles of issue free operation my 2011 RT-LTD's water pump failed, leaving me stranded needing a $150.00 tow to the dealer 16 miles away. Dealer Jim Potts motor group in Woodstock IL inspected the bike on Monday July 25th told me it's the water pump and they would have the parts in 3 days and that I would be back on the road by the weekend. (Never happened) Now at almost 4 weeks I'm told It might be ready by this Tuesday?? I was told by the service manager that the tech just started working on my bike @ 5pm today but will not be in the shop on Saturday and is off on Monday's maybe he will finish on Tuesday?? I new going with this product that service was going to be an issue. I also figured that the dealer network would improve over time and warranty issues would be handled in a expedant and professional manner. I WAS WRONG!! So at this point I regret to say tha I'm throwing in the towel!!

When this bike is ready I am riding direct to my metric dealer and trading it in at what ever price he is willing to give.

I have enjoyed the Spyder community and support of all the people on this web site and would like to say thank you to Lamont for all your help over the the last year. I wish all spyder owners good luck with there dealers and their bikes. May they both be trouble free and give you years of joy.
BRP reccomends Jim Potts for service but unless you can afford to be without your bike for a month or so I would try Nielson Enterprise or Dockside Marine for all you Northern Illinois riders.