Spyder Garage

Default Back on a Spyder

It looks like I have finally made a deal on a spyder that I can live with, so I will be back on a Spyder. I will be picking up a 2010 RS SM5 tomorrow with 300 miles on it. It is blue in color with a pipe and some odds and ends. I am not crazy about the blue panels and might be interested in trading them out for half moon panels (silver/grey).

I was hoping that sooner or later I would see PE2817 come up for sale again, but it has not. I sold that bike and then I saw it on Ebay about a year later. I wasn't in a position to buy it then, but as long as it wasn't trashed I would still buy it back. My son and I rode that bike from CT up to Maine, from there we came back to Ohio. It was the ride of a lifetime! The only draw back was Spyder were fresh out and people bugged us at every stop. Anyways if someone know who has PE2817 I would be interested in buying it back.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

welcome back to the spyder family. Dale

Spyder Garage

Welcome back to the site and on the new ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats & safe riding.

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

welcome back

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Welcome Back!

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy & I would like to say Congrats on the New Ryde & Welcome to the SpyderHood

&

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You just can't get rid of us; can you?
    Glad to see that you've come full circle and are back in the fold!
    Okay gang; maybe we should all keep our eyes out for good old "2817" for him...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome Back

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RETURNING SPYDER

Welcome Home,.................Mike

Spyder Garage

I guess it was not meant to be. Here is the story. I saw the bike on Craigslist last night. I called the guy and made him an offer. He said that the bike was his fathers and that he would have to call him to get an answer. He later called me back and said his father agreed to the price and that we could meet about noon today. So this morning I go to the bank and get the money out for the bike. I then arrange for someone to give me a ride so that I can ride the bike home. He calls me and says that he will be running a little late, but that the deal was still good. This is at 10:30 this morning. So I drive 85 miles to the address that he provided me. It was his father's house. The father answered the door and I told him I was there about the Spyder. The father looked surprised and asked the yellow one? I said no that it was blue. At this point I knew something was not right. The father then said he would call his son and stepped away from me to do it, another big flag. He then came back and said to call his son in about 15 minutes so I thought well maybe the deal is ok still, but I was nervous now. Anyways after 20 minutes I call and get no answer. I start for home at this point but I did leave a message for the guy. He finally calls me back and says that he and his father made a trade late last night and that he now has a yellow Spyder and wanted to know if I were interested in it. I told him in a lot of 4 letter words what I thought of him and thanked him for wasting about 5 hrs of my day.

Here is a copy of the ad that this guy placed on Craigslist in Columbus, Ohio. If any of you guys wish to call him and thank him for me that would be just fine with me, his phone number is listed in the ad! If there is a yellow one that pops up and the owners name is Jimmy be very careful as he was trying to pull some kind of scam! rvq7s-3092648152@sale.craigslist.org
    Last edited by PE2817; 06-22-2012 at 09:00 PM.

PE-1294
    Spyder Garage

Default welcome back :)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PE2817 View Post
    I guess it was not meant to be. Here is the story. I saw the bike on Craigslist last night. I called the guy and made him an offer. He said that the bike was his fathers and that he would have to call him to get an answer. He later called me back and said his father agreed to the price and that we could meet about noon today. So this morning I go to the bank and get the money out for the bike. I then arrange for someone to give me a ride so that I can ride the bike home. He calls me and says that he will be running a little late, but that the deal was still good. This is at 10:30 this morning. So I drive 85 miles to the address that he provided me. It was his father's house. The father answered the door and I told him I was there about the Spyder. The father looked surprised and asked the yellow one? I said no that it was blue. At this point I knew something was not right. The father then said he would call his son and stepped away from me to do it, another big flag. He then came back and said to call his son in about 15 minutes so I thought well maybe the deal is ok still, but I was nervous now. Anyways after 20 minutes I call and get no answer. I start for home at this point but I did leave a message for the guy. He finally calls me back and says that he and his father made a trade late last night and that he now has a yellow Spyder and wanted to know if I were interested in it. I told him in a lot of 4 letter words what I thought of him and thanked him for wasting about 5 hrs of my day.

Here is a copy of the ad that this guy placed on Graigslist in Columbus, Ohio. If any of you guys wish to call him and thank him for me that would be just fine with me, his phone number is listed in the ad! If there is a yellow one that pops up and the owners name is Jimmy be very careful as he was trying to pull some kind of scam! rvq7s-3092648152@sale.craigslist.org
    Sorry you had to waste your time. A wise man once told me what goes around, comes around. Dale