Spyder Garage

Default Bike week in Laconia NH this weekend anyone?

I will be going up on Saturday. Look for the Black RTS going the "posted" speed limit only. hmf... 65mph up rt93.
    Last edited by Sopher; 06-14-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i and harry potter are going up Saturday if you would like to koin us your more then welcome 7742630700 Roy
    we will be hooking up here at 9:00 am 250 Hartford Avenue Bellingham, MA 02019 there's a McDonalds there
    Last edited by mastertek2000; 06-14-2012 at 03:59 PM.

magical member
    Spyder Garage

We will be doing fuel stop at

Shell
    7 Harris Road
    Nashua, NH 03062

(603) 888-4594

This is just off route 3 Exit 4, E Dunstable Road, you can see the shell sign from the highway.

I would have thought we would hit the shell station around 10am.

Then we plan back road ride up. Very laid back enjoy the journey type of ride.

harry

Spyder Garage

What back roads do you take? For me the RT93 is the longest stretch. From my house (near rt128/93 cloverleaf) to Laconia is about 2hrs.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

magical member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post
    What back roads do you take? For me the RT93 is the longest stretch. From my house (near rt128/93 cloverleaf) to Laconia is about 2hrs.

There are quite few options, this is from google and attached gpx file from garmin base camp

Note: attached txt file is a zip file, rename extension to zip then unzip and you will have the GPX file

Your welcome to ride along with us

harry

7 Harris Rd, Nashua, NH 03062‎

Show: Text only | Map | Street View

1. Head east on Harris Rd toward E Dunstable Rd go 266 ft
    total 266 ft

2. Turn left onto E Dunstable Rd
    About 3 mins
    go 1.0 mi
    total 1.0 mi

3. Turn left onto Main St
    About 2 mins
    go 1.0 mi
    total 2.0 mi

4. Turn right onto Spring St go 0.1 mi
    total 2.2 mi

5. Take the 2nd right onto NH-111 E/E Hollis StContinue to follow NH-111 E

About 3 mins
    go 1.2 mi
    total 3.4 mi

6. Turn left onto NH-102 E/Derry StContinue to follow NH-102 E

About 12 mins
    go 7.7 mi
    total 11.1 mi

7. Turn left onto NH-128 N/Mammoth RdContinue to follow NH-128 N

About 11 mins
    go 6.7 mi
    total 17.8 mi

8. Continue onto NH-28A N/Mammoth Rd
    About 13 mins
    go 7.6 mi
    total 25.4 mi

9. Turn right onto US-3 N/Hooksett RdContinue to follow US-3 N

About 15 mins
    go 10.9 mi
    total 36.3 mi

10. Turn right onto NH-106 N/Sheep Davis RdContinue to follow NH-106 N

About 40 mins
    go 26.3 mi
    total 62.6 mi

11. Turn left onto Veterans Square
    About 1 min
    go 472 ft
    total 62.7 mi

12. Turn left onto Pleasant St
    About 1 min
    go 0.1 mi
    total 62.8 mi

Laconia, NH‎
    Attached Files Attached Files

Spyder Garage

HP all set will be there for 9:00 am give or take Sopher how to you will be able to hook up also

magical member
    Spyder Garage

I'm all set, will be there at 9, my thirteen year old is debating if he wants to come or not.

LOL he things it's a very, very long way and doesn't know if he could sit on the back of the Spyder ALL that way.

harry

Spyder Garage

I'm not exactly sure when I will leave the house. Wifey gave me a day pass, but didnt say when it starts!
    I want to leave early enough so I can get their about 11 or so. If I miss you on the way, dont fret. If i can I'll go up via RT3 to Nashua, but RT93 is a straight shot for me. Listen for the loud music coming from a shiney black RTS. That 400w amp really sounds great!

I usually park in the chain fenced lot that has its entrance almost directly across the Weirs Beach sign. It is also the area that is basically behind the music stage. I think its like $5 for bikes.
    Usually lots of room, plus its "semi guarded".

I will stay until bout 6 or 7pm.
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Is that where you go up the strip and park on the left behind them store and house ???
    I and the wife go up every year for lunch hang out for a few hours then run back roads home
    Last edited by mastertek2000; 06-15-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

thanks for the great ride HP

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The wife and I were in Laconia all week. What an incredible week weather wise and attendance was unbelievable because of it. We left Fun Spot at 11 heading toward Laconia HD and after 90 minutes we bailed at the rotary and went the long way around to the water front in Meredith for lunch. Never seen it that crowded. We decided enough was enough and headed home tonight to beat the traffic tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great day.

magical member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mastertek2000 View Post
    thanks for the great ride HP

Thank You, sorry you had to leave early, strange how every one I meet always has to leave early

Ethan was tired by the time we arrived (my 13 year old sons longest ride on the back of any bike, ever).

But after I fed and watered him he sort of sprang to life again. Walk around all the stalls, his eyes where popping out of there socket with all that was going on.

We departed around 4.30 he had either built up enough confidence or just wanted to get home as we rode highway all the way back. Stopping for gas and food on the way home.

He said he had a great time, but he was soon on his xbox360 playing games with his friends.

glad you got home safe.

did you see the RS with the nice wrap in the parking lot we where at (charged us car price $10)

P6160260.jpg

harry

Spyder Garage

So I got very late start out... plus I had to head back to the house since I forgot my ez-pass. oops. Left about Noon. Got up to Laconia at 2pm, but had to SIT in several miles of long bike traffic to get to Weirs beachf or about 30 minutes! I think I wore down half my brake pads!

If I can recolect; I saw a Red RT at a private 556 hotel while in traffic line. I saw 2 more RS's going the other way (why!).
    I was the only RTS parked in the drive-in theatre lot. Great central place as I bought a few things.

It took me forever to buy a 2T Laconai Bike Week 2012 shirt for my 9month old! Yes he is THAT BIG! Plus even longer to find a Youth Large Girsl pink shirt for my 8yr old.
    I wanted to get up earlier so as not to rush, but it all worked out.
    I stayed until about 7:30pm or so, leisurely had dinner and rode home; solid 2 hr drive. The temperatures where great on the ride up, low 70's, warmed up hot during the day to probably low 80's??. But once the sun went down, the temps went down to 52! MAN I was cold going home. My neck and back muscles were getting stiff and strained from the wind chill. I ended up raising the RTS wind screen ALL THE WAY up to force the wind up and over me. Less wind chill, but way more box truck plowing thru that air.

I usually dont ride more than an hour on any of my trips. I get fatigued easily. The ride up was OK. despite a bad nights' sleep before (caughing baby, multiple feedings, uncomfy couch etc). The ride home was quite hairy.

So I kept saying to myslef, no rushing home despite the cold. A pack of non-harley bikes would wizz by. One had blue leds, under-carraige blue etc. THAT would quickly get ANYONE pulled over, especially in Massachusetts!

Well, as traffice would have it, I would cathc up to them, pass them, they pass me showing off etc. On and on a few times. I swear some of those suzuki's got up to dangerous speeds.

At Exit 4 on 93, on the other side a major slowdown since on the other side a motorcylce accident (already on the flat bed) and car had flipped over in the median. The traffice was backed up in bothe directions and displayed on several highway LED signs miles ahead of the accident.

I got home about 10pm. I have a few pictures I will post soon.
    Other secret mods.

magical member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you got home safe, riding while cold can be quite dangerous. I always keep extra clothing on the bike just in case. Laconia gets really hot while your walking around mid afternoon and you feel the chill more when you leave.

Sounds like you had a good time, I saw quite a few spyders up there.

Looking forward to sita

Harry

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I did have a relaxing good time. But my biggest disappointment would have to be the croud.
    Iv'e been seeing in recent years too many drooping parts or others that should just not even attend try anymore.
    Other secret mods.