Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Albuquerque June 18/19

Hi everybody,
    I'm trying to figure out who all will be here on June 18/19. If you are going to be here on the 18th, I thought it might be nice to get everyone together for dinner to discuss ride options on the 19th in the area, and to maybe even get in a night ride on the 18th after dinner. I could reserve the back room at the Route 66 Diner if we have enough folks that are interested. Please let me know and I'll get it rolling.
    I look forward to meeting everyone and getting in some great local riding before we head up to Durango the morning of the 20th!

Best,
    --ABQ (Andy)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm up for that, depending on what time I get in. If folks are getting in later, maybe a breakfast on the 19th before the ride.

Thanks, Andy for working this up as our local guy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds good to me. I want to try and find a green eagle that I took a picture of with my bike that was painted on the side of a building, I think it was in the town of mountainair.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We'll be in Albequerque for a week before heading to Durango, so we're looking forward to getting with you guys sometime during that time frame. Would also like to check out Santa Fe while we are in the area. Will send you a PM when we are heading that way (I don't have our exact schedule in the house). We'll probably be in Oklahoma City for 4 days, then Amarillo before we hit Albequerque. We usually spend 4-7 days in each location we stop at to see the sights and get in local riding. Of course, our schedule could fluctuate based on the weather (we heard there was a hailstorm in OK City recently). Looking forward to meeting you.

Out of work Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Ride Eat ---Ride Eat

I leave on the 17 will arrive on the 18 in the afternoon hopefully before Forrest can pass me on the Hwy.
    I have been told that there are some great roads in the hills around town.

cell 636-677-5448
    if it works in NM

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Andy,

If my plan works out, I'll get in around noon or so on the 18th. I don't remember the inside of the 66 diner - do they have tables in the back room that can be put together like a conference room?

I'm excited about the trip and meeting everyone. Thanks again for putting all the ABQ stuff together

Out of work Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Dinner at the Diner

June 18th So what time are we going to meet at the------ Albuquerque 66 Diner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQ_Spyderman View Post
    Hi everybody,
    I'm trying to figure out who all will be here on June 18/19. If you are going to be here on the 18th, I thought it might be nice to get everyone together for dinner to discuss ride options on the 19th in the area, and to maybe even get in a night ride on the 18th after dinner. I could reserve the back room at the Route 66 Diner if we have enough folks that are interested. Please let me know and I'll get it rolling.
    I look forward to meeting everyone and getting in some great local riding before we head up to Durango the morning of the 20th!

Best,
    --ABQ (Andy)
    Andy, i will be arriving morning 19 th. my problem is just found out i could attend and website says registration is closed. If anyone knows how to contact an event planner or member please let me know via this forum.
    thanks,
    Tiger

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Lamont can get you in. Just shoot him a PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTGENE View Post
    June 18th So what time are we going to meet at the------ Albuquerque 66 Diner
    How about 6pm? If there are only going to be a few of us, there's no need to reserve the back room. If anyone is coming and I do, in fact need to reserve it--please let me know!

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Fl x-Press ariving in Albuquerque 6.20 @0600. Where is the meeting/Durango departure point?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Fl x-Press ariving in Albuquerque 6.20 @0600. Where is the meeting/Durango departure point?
    Ramada Inn - Eubank and Hotel Ave. NE @ 0800

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by captblack View Post
    Ramada Inn - Eubank and Hotel Ave. NE @ 0800
    Thank you 2015 Menaul Blvd N E?
    Last edited by docdoru; 06-11-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Thank you 2015 Menaul Blvd N E?
    Not on Menaul. Near the intersection of I-40 and Eubank. Next to the Holiday Inn Express. 10300 Hotel Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87123

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

andy on the 17th there will be a group of us coming in about 10 bikes don't know the plans yet but i have your number and will call once we are there i'm at the quality inn ev1 else at ramada..free nights for me thats why i'm staying there but from what i saw from the google maps its less than a block from ramada.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Andy, again thanks for organizing this for us. I will be arriving on the 17th or possibily the 16th. My wife (Brenda) is flying in and scheduled to arrive about 1:00pm local time. We'd enjoy meeting everyone on the 18th. I got the schedule mixed up and we will be going to Durango on the 19th so we won't be going with the group, but still would like to get together with everyone.
    George(Sonrisa)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the heads-up folks. I'll try to reserve the back room. Sounds like we're going to have at least 20 folks! Sweet!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Okay--I booked the back room of the diner for 20 people. We can have a max of 30. 20% gratuity added for the large party. Separate checks. 6pm on Monday the 18th. Can't wait! Here's the diner: http://www.66diner.com/

I checked the sunset calendar, and it looks like sunset is at 8:23pm with twilight at 8:53pm. If we have time and you're interested, we could ride up to the top of the mountain after dinner and watch the sun set over the city. It's really pretty. Here are a few pictures from up top:
    Sunset.jpgsandia with the kiddos.jpgsandia.jpg

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

--Andy

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=ABQ_Spyderman;468040]Okay--I booked the back room of the diner for 20 people. We can have a max of 30. 20% gratuity added for the large party. Separate checks. 6pm on Monday the 18th. Can't wait! Here's the diner: http://www.66diner.com/

I checked the sunset calendar, and it looks like sunset is at 8:23pm with twilight at 8:53pm. If we have time and you're interested, we could ride up to the top of the mountain after dinner and watch the sun set over the city. It's really pretty. Here are a few pictures from up top:
    Sunset.jpgsandia with the kiddos.jpgsandia.jpg

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

--Andy

What are the plans for the 19th?

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

I have subscribed to this thread. Will you please post any updates or changes that you may make to the plans for the 19th?

Please and Thank You.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Here's my proposed plan for the 19th. This can certainly change based on what you would like to do, but I think this is a pretty good plan.
    8am Link-up at the Ramada Inn on 10300 Hotel Ave. We'll head to Tijeras and then down on NM-337 to Mountainair. Here is the route:
    http://goo.gl/maps/9dt2

We'll be able to gas up there, maybe grab a cup of coffee, and then head over to Belen and up to ABQ on the hwy.

That should take us to about lunchtime. I will have to break away to pick up my Mom at the airport (flying in to watch the kids) from that point until about 3:30pm.

I'd like to link back up at 3:30pm at the Ramada, and head over to Cedar Crest and up to the Crest of Sandia Mountain. I'm hoping we get to go the evening of the 18th, but it's a fun ride and I'm happy to go again and again. Plus there will be plenty of people who didn't get to go the night before.

Here's the map of that ride:
    http://goo.gl/maps/z2WM

From there we'll head to Tierre Monte, the base of the La Luz Trail for a quick pre-dinner fun. Here's that map:
    http://goo.gl/maps/KNrq

For dinner I think it would be fun to go to Old Town. I know a nice little Mexican restaurant there--and there are plenty of other choices, as well. Plus some good shopping. Completely up to you.

Finally, I thought it would be fun to take an evening ride along Historic 66 from East to West. Where 66 ends on the West side of town, there is a nice ride that leads you back into the city on the Northern side, and it's really pretty at night. Here is that route:

http://goo.gl/maps/YQ3Y

If I did my math right, that puts us past 8pm and I know I'll be ready to head back to the casa, rest & refit, and get ready for our 8am departure on the 20th.

Obviously if you have other interests, I'm happy to point out other routes. I'm trying not to take us too far north, because we'll be headed that direction on the 20th. These are some nice routes that will give us fun riding and a good flavor for the ABQ area.

Your feedback is definitely welcome.

Best,
    --Andy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow Andy, that's quite a day I like the plan as it gives plenty of options if folks want to branch off or skip part of it. I plan to do them all but remember, some of us don't see as well at night as we used to. That ride back from the west side will bring back some memories ... I used to go parking at this little rest area on the freeway just east of the crest of 9 mile hill (it's not open any more but some really good memories there) . I also used to go trail riding up by the volcanoes.

After college, I lived just north of I-25 and west of the river down by Isleta. Did you know they filmed a a lot of the highway scenes for the movie "Convoy" between there and Rio Grande Blvd?

Anyway, looks like a good plan and maybe any kinks can be ironed out Monday night. I sure can't wait

Thanks again for all you have put into this

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by captblack View Post
    Wow Andy, that's quite a day I like the plan as it gives plenty of options if folks want to branch off or skip part of it. I plan to do them all but remember, some of us don't see as well at night as we used to. That ride back from the west side will bring back some memories ... I used to go parking at this little rest area on the freeway just east of the crest of 9 mile hill (it's not open any more but some really good memories there) . I also used to go trail riding up by the volcanoes.

After college, I lived just north of I-25 and west of the river down by Isleta. Did you know they filmed a a lot of the highway scenes for the movie "Convoy" between there and Rio Grande Blvd?

Anyway, looks like a good plan and maybe any kinks can be ironed out Monday night. I sure can't wait

Thanks again for all you have put into this
    Not a problem, my friend! We can definitely discuss Monday at dinner. I figured it would be helpful to have an outline of some nice rides.

Spyder Garage

Default COUNT US IN

Count us in for dinner at the Route 66 Dinner for Monday.

Sincerely,
    Ray & Cheryl