GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ? about brake pin recall

My questions is,

How many of the 2010 RTS owners receive a recall notice?

Did your dealer let you know about the recall?

Are you being told that the part for this recall is backed order?

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I received the re-call notice in the mail from BRP. Dealer got the part in about 1 week. The service took less than 10 minutes.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ruthie View Post
    My questions is,

Contacted Lockharts even before they had received a notice from BRP. They contacted BRP the next morning and received confirmation of the recall. Rather than drive 4 hours there and back to get the pins, I asked them to send me the replacement pins in the mail. Received within three days of the request and installed in five minutes. The recall notice from BRP arrived in the mail several weeks later.

If the pins are on back order I suggest wrapping zip ties around the two existing pin arms that fit over the brake pedal rod if you are uncomfortable running with the ones that are to be replaced.

Spyder Garage

received my notice 1 week ago contacted the dealer, they called me back yesterday with the part and is scheduled for next wednesday.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How many of the 2010 RTS owners receive a recall notice? All eligible for the recall were sent a letter from BRP

Did your dealer let you know about the recall? That I am insure, some dealers may have been proactive on this.

Are you being told that the part for this recall is backed order? There was a minor back order on the initial order that should now be resolved. Depending on dealer stock would be another issue as to how many they may have replaced and such is maybe why they told you they were back ordered.

Spyder Garage

Default 2010 RT-S Brake Recall

Received my notice a few weeks back from BRP. Called the dealer and set up an appointment for when I got back from vacation. Took it in and was back on the road in less than 20 minutes. Just enough time to finish my coffee.

Spyder Garage

The recall notice from BRP came while I was at Spyderfest. Not really sure how long the recall took because they also replaced the throttle body, which had to be authorized and then ordered.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Recieved the recall while at Spyderfest. (already read about it on here before leaving for spyderfest).
    Dealer didnt notify me and didnt expect them to... bought from far away dealer use local dealer sparingly mainly for parts purchases.
    Have yet to inquire about the pins for recall. (before leaving for spyderfest i put zip ties around the existing clips on pins... i feel secure until I happen to go to a dealer for some reason)
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

Still no recall notice from BRP. When I called about getting a oil change a few weeks ago I asked the dealer about it. He was hoping to have the part in when I came in but it was back ordered. after I posted the first post the dealer called this afternoon to let me know the part is in.

I still wonder why I didn't receive a recall notice from BRP? Thanks to Sypderlovers.com for keeping us all informed.

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Still no recall notice from BRP. When I called about getting a oil change a few weeks ago I asked the dealer about it. He was hoping to have the part in when I came in but it was back ordered. after I posted the first post the dealer called this afternoon to let me know the part is in.

I still wonder why I didn't receive a recall notice from BRP? Thanks to Sypderlovers.com for keeping us all informed.
    Did you get the DPS recall notice in the mail? If not your Spyder may not be properly registered with BRP.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Did you get the DPS recall notice in the mail? If not your Spyder may not be properly registered with BRP.
    So how do I check to see if it is registered properly?

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

My dealer had already compiled a list of 2010 RT/RT-A/ RT-S owners, and was in the middle of contacting them, even before BRP sent out the notice. I only waited about a week before they got the parts. They did the brake pin recall, and the rear compartment lock cylinder at the same time( also under warranty)! Spyder life is so much easier when you have a good dealership/service department)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My questions is,

Not just 2010 RT's. My dealer carried out a cotter pin recall on my 2011 RT-SE 5's footbrake lever, together with a stronger spring on the rear hub parking brake, plus a BUDS update to the throttle body software which will shorten the time the throttle flap remains closed to 20 minutes instead of 40, (the infamous whining noise), after engine shut down. He did all this recall work at the 3000 mile service, last week.

I have never personally had a recall notice from BRP Europe, but then I suspect they have a different philosophy to that of the USA which after all is BRP's biggest market. There is, for instance, no equivalent rep over here to Carlos that I'm aware of, who from time to time takes phone calls from worried or frustrated USA Spyder owners, so be glad you've got access to him when ownership of your Spyder goes through a rough patch... (I've been waiting for an opportunity to make that point for ages!)

Spyder Garage

Well, I called BRP a little while ago to see if my mailing address was correct and no it wasn't.
    They had my street address, I only receive mail at a Post Office.

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well, I called BRP a little while ago to see if my mailing address was correct and no it wasn't.
    They had my street address, I only receive mail at a Post Office.
    A good result.

In conversation with BRP, did you happen to ask if you had missed any posts from them about outstanding work to be carried out on your Spyder?

Spyder Garage

i saw the notice on BRP site 2 days ago.
    Did not get a letter from BRP- it is properly registered with BRP.
    Did not get anything from my dealer.
    Back order parts? Really hope this is not on the same kind of snafu the power steering units were.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Got my letter two weeks ago dealer had the pin, took less then 30 minutes, , only bad thing on the recall while at dealer spent $ 50.00 on gloves and other fine things lol

Spyder Garage

Just to add to my previous post: I've had other bikes and cars subject to safety recalls. The notification has always come from the manufacturer, not the dealer. In the case of BMW m/c's, the dealer has a note up at the service counter that they will be happy to check for recalls and updates which may be needed. But they do not send out individual notices.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Here's another good place to check for Spyder recals.
    http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/owner-ce...ormations.aspx