Spyder Garage

Default Rt 622 barrel Lock install?

Anybody have the correct "how to guide". I know it must be simple but I have also heard of people messing it up .

Spyder Garage

Default Barrel Lock

The BRP bulletin is 2010-13 issued on June 22, 2010. The PDF is too large to upload here but if you drop me a pm with your e-mail I can send it to you.

When I installed the lock, I had a hard time pushing the barrel far enough in to "click". Finally out of frustation, I gave it a good smack and heard it click. No problem with it coming out.

Spyder Garage

using both hands install your key twist and hold pins in on lock push it in trailer lock hole until it locks in place pull out key without removing lock if you did it right lock will stay in place if not try again good luck

Spyder Garage

Default Just stick it in!

Just insert the key into the barrel and make sure you push the barrel ALL the way into the barrel sleave. There will be a NOTICEABLE and definite 'CLICK' once it is seated all the way. If you do not get it all the way in it can slip halfway out under normal use leaving the trailer locked and inaccessible.
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

Well I talked to a tech and he gave me the easy way. First put the key in the barrel. When you do so there will only be 1 pin sticking out. That pin should be positioned so that it is facing the top of the lock (12 o'clock ). There is a grove inside the lock on the bottom. The pin does NOT go in that grove even though it looks like it should, it should be positioned 180 degrees around from that grove. With the barrel oriented correctly, simply push the barrel in until you here a click.