Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Seal Floorboards

I am very interested in the seal floorboards for my new RTS se. I have some concerns about sending over $500 especially through PayPal. There is no phone contact information and my email of yesterday has not been answered. I understand this is an individual who makes them rather than a large company but how do I have my questions answered and how do I know the product will be sent? Is there contact information I am missing. I hate to be skeptical but it is a lot of money and I have not heard the best things about PayPal security

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John is in here and I'm sure that he can answer any and all of your questions. They are valid concerns and it's best to ask and have your fears allayed; rather than gumble around and not learn the truth...

I don't have a pair of his 'boards; I've got ISCIs on my RT... But his would certainly be my second choice!

John?? ARE YOU OUT THERE?????
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default floorboards

I had them installed on our 2011 RT Limited and they are the best thing we have done to it. I was having a problem with my lower back but now that I can put my feet flat it has gone away. They are made very heavy and look good on there also. The best part is dealing with John, he does everything to help you out great person I'm sure he will be getting with you, he watches all these threads. You will like them and easy to install.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John is probably on his way home from Spyderfest. I'm sure he will get back to you. I will say, if he, or anyone else wasn't reputable, they would not last a week on this forum.
    Last edited by Trickie Dick; 05-02-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

As of monday he was headed towards North Carolina, and its a long ride back to Oregon! Send him a PM, he will respond.

Spyder Garage

Default Seal Floorboards

I bought these from John last summer. He handle the transaction very promptly and there were no issues using Paypal for the transaction. I have no regrets getting this product. They are everything John said they would be.
    2014 Spyder RTS SE6 in pearl white - The "Pearl II" Corbin Seat and Backrest, Diamond R Passenger Arm Rests, Baker Air Wings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had mine for about 6 months and they are great. John answered all my questions before and after the sale and he was prompt with his shipment.

I don't think you can do wrong with him.

Spyder Garage

I just had John ship a set of floorboards for my 09 RS to Canada. Because he was not set up to accept Paypal in Canada I sent him a money order. The floorboards showed up in good time. I hhave installed them last weekend and I absolutely love them. Now if only it would quit raining so I could " Ride in Comfort".

Spyder Garage

Sealfloorboards is an honest vendor. It sounds like he is in transit from Spyderfest.

I purchased a set from him last season. I had delivery to AK in less than a week. They are a great product, easy to install, and worth the money. Hang in there. You will not be disappointed.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Seal Floorboards

I just picked up my Spyder RT Limited yesterday at the dealer, the first thing I did was to install the Seal Floorboards that I had purchased from John, took me about 45 minutes to install, I bought the floorboards a month before I got the Spyder, I can tell you that dealing with John was great, you do not have anything to worry about, as Trickie Dick said he will be heading back from Spyderfest, a 2000 mile plus trip, buy the floorboards, they are Fantastic!

Dave

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got the last set he had at Spyderfest. It took less than a mile to get comfortable with them. He's a great guy and you will not be disappointed.

Spyder Garage

I am having lunch with John tomorrow in Durham, NC as he extends his Spyderfest trip - if you don't hear from him I'll mention it to him. I don't have the floorboards but everyone I know that does LOVES them!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

John it First Rate - and lives within 10 miles of my home. I've known him since he started Seal… I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the reply

I am anxious to order and get the floorboards installed-I am coming from a scooter!! I sent 2 emails and private message, but the far no reply. Soon I hope

Spyder Garage

I got the PUP boards. This version allowed me to use my existing Kewlmetal highway pegs. The boards were a huge improvement from the stock footpegs. Very comfortable. John is a site sponser and is very helpfull. Normally he is easy to contact and will quickly return emails, but it looks like he still in Spyderfest traveling mode.

MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default He did reply

He replied to my private message. I placed the order, but the site is saying I will receive it in 2-3 weeks. John said he can ship in 2-3 days. Hopefully his estimate is correct, and I can have then sooner.
    Anyway, thanks to all who replied. I always liked this board when I had my 2010 RT a bit ago. I sold it, and hope al lot the kinks are worked out of the 2012. I suppose time will tell.
    The floorboards should make the ride much more comfortable for me. i always liked the laid back "scooter" position. I had an RS prior to the firs RT, and could never get it set up the right way for me, though I know many people love the more aggressive riding position.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up John Is The Man

I had John put some flat ones on at Spyderfest and they absolutely saved my feet and knees on the trip home. John is awesome. Here is his number 541-908-4602. He will take good care of you. NavyChiefEd

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2manycars View Post
    I always liked this board when I had my 2010 RT a bit ago. I sold it, and hope al lot the kinks are worked out of the 2012. I suppose time will tell.
    Greetings!

John happens to be a very close, personal friend of mine and he is as trustworthy as they come - as is the product he sells.

I, too, had a 2010 RT (with the floorboards, which I loved) but unfortunately it's computer )and related technology) was either made (1) on a late Friday afternoon by people who had their heads into what they were going to be doing that weekend or (2) on Monday by someone who was horribly hungover from an excess of partying over theweekend! I will never again buy a product/vehicle in its prototype first year of production!!! However, last Saturday, I picked up my band new 2012 Lava Bronze (rootbeer) RT Limited. I've put on less than 200 miles since then but I can tell that alot of the kinks have been worked out. Too soon to tell about the computers, but alot of the little irritants are gone: the self-cancelling turn signals actually self-cancel...when you need to manually turn off the turn signal, you can do it without causing it to start blinking for the other direction...the seat appears to have been improved upon (even though I was perfectly happy with the 2010 version), it's very cushy and conforms to my tush very nicely...the ride is much smoother (the new shocks are awesome!)...and that tiny little windshield actually gives you as much wind protection as the larger 2010 one did. Overall, I'm very, very satisfied so far and am looking forward to discovering other improvements over the 2010 model.

Take care, my friend!

Michael

Abbey Road Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    I got the last set he had at Spyderfest. It took less than a mile to get comfortable with them. He's a great guy and you will not be disappointed.
    We are glad you like them....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slybird View Post
    Greetings!

John happens to be a very close, personal friend of mine and he is as trustworthy as they come - as is the product he sells.

I, too, had a 2010 RT (with the floorboards, which I loved) but unfortunately it's computer )and related technology) was either made (1) on a late Friday afternoon by people who had their heads into what they were going to be doing that weekend or (2) on Monday by someone who was horribly hungover from an excess of partying over theweekend! I will never again buy a product/vehicle in its prototype first year of production!!! However, last Saturday, I picked up my band new 2012 Lava Bronze (rootbeer) RT Limited. I've put on less than 200 miles since then but I can tell that alot of the kinks have been worked out. Too soon to tell about the computers, but alot of the little irritants are gone: the self-cancelling turn signals actually self-cancel...when you need to manually turn off the turn signal, you can do it without causing it to start blinking for the other direction...the seat appears to have been improved upon (even though I was perfectly happy with the 2010 version), it's very cushy and conforms to my tush very nicely...the ride is much smoother (the new shocks are awesome!)...and that tiny little windshield actually gives you as much wind protection as the larger 2010 one did. Overall, I'm very, very satisfied so far and am looking forward to discovering other improvements over the 2010 model.

Take care, my friend!

Michael
    Hey Mike congrats on the new ryde..are you coming to Lynn's rally? Room still available..send me a PM if you still want/need....
    Lava brown (root beer??? )...
    Karyl

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default John stand up vendor

You will get the best of customer service and product from John...got my seals last Spyderfest and would not be without them.......you made a great choice...after that what's on yur gotta have list???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey guys,

I'm here, not lost. It was just a communication snafu between 2manycars and me. It's all straightened out now. The 2 to 3 wk. time frame is just a cushion in case I screw up and let my guys run short of a something. That just happened after I left for SpyderFest, we ran out of Vinyl pads for the RT It's been a scramble, but double order is coming in tomorrow and we'll be back on track within a day. These are growing pains. Apologizes to those two customers who got caught up in my mistake. I do make every effort to ship in 2 or 3 days.

Let me say it really makes Seal FloorBoards worth it when I have so many people step up and vouch for me and my way of doing business. I do try my best to earn it. Thank you all.

Ride in comfort all my friends,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by geoshmo View Post
    I just had John ship a set of floorboards for my 09 RS to Canada. Because he was not set up to accept Paypal in Canada I sent him a money order. The floorboards showed up in good time. I hhave installed them last weekend and I absolutely love them. Now if only it would quit raining so I could " Ride in Comfort".
    My webmaster has been trying very hard to find out what the issue is with Canadian Credit Cards. So far nada! PayPal can be hard to contact for answers. We keep trying. So far, with a little patience on my Canadian friends part, We've been able to get every one taken care of.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Received and happy

I received the boards today and installed them. They look great and were easy to install. I MAY increase the height of the brake pedal slightly just in case I need a bit more range should the pedal fade etc. However it makes the RT much more comfortable.

Thank you John!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hay John,just wanted to let you know I did get round2it and reglued that mat and added the nuts to the brake peddle,works great now! again it was great seeing you the other daymaybe someday we'll get out your way. Ride Safe!!