Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default REVCO highway pegs - Help needed please

Hi guys. I'm having a tough time trying to install the pegs on my 2011 RS. I'd like to know if some of you have installed them.
    Here is the issue. The instruction sheet calls for the replacement of a very long, about 10 inches, bolt, but that bolt is only 1.5 inches long on my Spyder (??????). Also the mounting plates provided do not really seem to fit my Spyder's bolt position in that spot.
    My kit's number is CA004, and it seems to be the only one Rivco makes for this purpose.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RIVCO

They must have meant 1" bolt Buddy, 10" would go right thorough a bike .
    Other issue you have might be that they sent you wrong brackets, ones for other bike or try to turn them around .
    Never knew that RIVCO makes Spyder stuff, nothing on a YouTube either, Some prices there man.

Spyder Garage

I know when I installed my Kewlmetal highway brackets one of the bolts went all the way through to the other side bracket. Hope that helps . I know they are different brackets then yours.
    Happy Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default What side

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    I know when I installed my Kewlmetal highway brackets one of the bolts went all the way through to the other side bracket. Hope that helps . I know they are different brackets then yours.
    On what side was it Chief, do you remember? I know you've RS and RT, RS you talking now, right?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLorD View Post
    On what side was it Chief, do you remember? I know you've RS and RT, RS you talking now, right?
    Both the RT and the RS with the Kewlmetal highway bracket had the bolt that went through to the other side, and if I recall it didn't matter what side the bolt went through .The beauty of this was it added strength to the bracket to allow you to put your full weight on the bracket / peg.
    Happy Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Both the RT and the RS with the Kewlmetal highway bracket had the bolt that went through to the other side, and if I recall it didn't matter what side the bolt went through .The beauty of this was it added strength to the bracket to allow you to put your full weight on the bracket / peg.
    Cool, looking into it myself, pretty interesting set up i might consider.
    Thanks Chief

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks to all for your input. I sat down, took a really deep breath and a Diet Coke and I was able to figure it out. As I always find out and I'm getting used to learn, it was my own darn fault, the plates do really fit the way they should. I had them backwards
    I called Rivco and got to talk to Rick, the owner, I'm happy to report they were friendly and very helpful.
    As to the 10 inches long rod, yes, it runs the width of the frame right to the opposite side and replaces the single (left side) 1.5" bolt originally found there. The long bolt helps holding the extension mounting plate on the right side of the Spyder.
    Could not finish the install this afternoon, I'll do it tomorrow and I'll post some pics.
    Thanks again.
    Cheers.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I put them on my RS and they're great.I worked from the left with the bolts...easy install.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

OK, got my Rivco highway pegs mounted. Here are a couple of photos. Going to test ride them in the afternoon. They look nice IMO.
    Cheers.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327605843.526534.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1327605858.808046.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

hrbeta, please do let us know how you like them. I absolutely love my Rivco floorboards, but if I could do it over again, I would have chosen different highway pegs-- the Rivco ones are just too close in and high up for me, I use them very sparingly as a result. And trust me, I don't have long legs (barely a 30" inseam)!

I think at some point this year I'll swap them out for ESI or ISCI brackets to push the pegs forward and under, past that annoying plastic spoiler. It'll be a shame, since the RIVCO brackets weren't cheap, and worse, I paid somebody else good money to install them... oh well, lesson learned!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    hrbeta, please do let us know how you like them. I absolutely love my Rivco floorboards, but if I could do it over again, I would have chosen different highway pegs-- the Rivco ones are just too close in and high up for me, I use them very sparingly as a result. And trust me, I don't have long legs (barely a 30" inseam)!

I think at some point this year I'll swap them out for ESI or ISCI brackets to push the pegs forward and under, past that annoying plastic spoiler. It'll be a shame, since the RIVCO brackets weren't cheap, and worse, I paid somebody else good money to install them... oh well, lesson learned!
    PM me if you want to sell them. I was just thinking about ordering a set.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    PM me if you want to sell them. I was just thinking about ordering a set.
    Heh, I'd be happy to, but they're still solidly attached to my bike at the moment, and they ain't easy to take off (especially not when it's 30 degrees out in my driveway ).

Spyder Garage

Default Also need help....

I am doing the same install right now..the 1.5" bolt that comes out before you replace it with the 10" is just spinning and is not coming out...is it just me? am i doing something wrong. if there is a nut spinning on the other side where would it be? because there is no other side it is sealed.
    2B in the picture http://www.rivcoproducts.com/instruc...04_booklet.pdf
    any suggestions i don't wont trailer this to the dealer with my tail between my legs

Spyder Garage

Yes this is a common problem. Get a small wrench and you can wedge it up there to hold the nut. Let the nut fall inside the metal round area like many others have.....or you can fight with it with a small magnet like I did to get it out. PIA and poor design of Can-Am.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

thank you..i guess it would help if i had ramps i got the bolt out...and yes the nut dropped..if i leave it in, will it vibrate, i just don't feel like going fishing with a magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    Yes this is a common problem. Get a small wrench and you can wedge it up there to hold the nut. Let the nut fall inside the metal round area like many others have.....or you can fight with it with a small magnet like I did to get it out. PIA and poor design of Can-Am.

Spyder Garage

i guess i need a new nut now!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
    thank you..i guess it would help if i had ramps i got the bolt out...and yes the nut dropped..if i leave it in, will it vibrate, i just don't feel like going fishing with a magnet.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
    ????? "Poor design of Can-Am" ????? Just because they did not design their machine to accomodate an aftermarket part, does not make it "poor design".

Spyder Garage

At least they designed it well enough to have a hole on the other side to accommodate the over sized bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    ????? "Poor design of Can-Am" ????? Just because they did not design their machine to accomodate an aftermarket part, does not make it "poor design".

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Didn't see your post in time but to anyone else who needs to remove the nut, first lock onto it with a pair of needle nose vice grips. Then remove the bolt. Next carefully pry the plate open just enough to remove the nut.