Spyder Garage

Default Daytona Bikeweek 2012 Blog

Had a nice ride out from East TN. When I left my place in East TN it was 32 degrees but I was suited up good and wasn't cold at all. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love my heated grips. I had on a lite pair of summer riding glove and that was all I needed. My hands never got cold even going over the mountains where the temps were in the mid 20's.

I was able to move along at a pretty good clip till I got around Georgia, that's where I rolled up on three bad wrecks that added about two hours to the trip. I was sitting on the freeway and my temp read 87 degrees so that was over a 50 degree change in temps just that day. I love having the trailer where I can store my cold weather gear for easy access when the temps change like that. You just never know what a day will bring. I didn't get wet till I was about 30 miles from Daytona and then the sky opened up and dumped. That's all part of the ride and my "waterproof" jeans got me wet as expected. For some reason I was hoping they would work even though they never had before.

The hotel I'm in isn't bad but I got no wifi so I'm having to post everything tethered to my phone. I'm not going to post any videos but I will post some pics here on Spyderlovers when I can. I'm loading pics from my phone directly to my Lamonster SpyderLovers Facebook account if you want to see them live.

Hope to see some of you folks there.

Current RS owners, future RT owners

Here's a couple of FL Spyderlovers

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Good pics, thanks for posting them, just keep em coming, see you at the BRP tent, next Saturday for sure.

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you made it down here safely, Lamont. Even though you hit rain just before Daytona, thanks for bringing us a sunshine week. The weather is gonna be chamber of commerce gorgeous. If you get hungry for a home cooked meal, the usual offer is extended. I may just ease over there sometime during the week day in my car.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

See you Friday and Saturday. We're heading to Winter Park on Wednesday. Hope to hook up with some other Orlando riders commuting back and forth.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    See you Friday and Saturday. We're heading to Winter Park on Wednesday. Hope to hook up with some other Orlando riders commuting back and forth.

The Wife And I just got back from Daytona be glad your going for the last weekend because the first one sucked pretty much rained the whole time. We had alot of fun, but would have been better if there was no RAIN!!!!! Hope you all enjoy!!!

Spyder Garage

Monday was a little slow but it was steady. The demo's were all filled and BRP has a new East coast crew doing the demo rides. They seem to be doing a good job from what I can tell.

My buddy Don just traded in his Harley on the new 1600 BMW. I really like this bike and there are some features I would like to see on the RT like a miles per gallon and miles left in tank. I think that's a need feature. It uses a scroll wheel to make your adjustments too and that's pretty cool. All in all it's a pretty cool ride for sure.

I took this pic for my wife who's at the end of nursing school.

I went by ans saw my buddy David at V8Choppers and he has a new 600hp chopper he wants me to take for a spin. The whole bike weighs less than 900lbs and he says it rides like the while 600hp chopper I rode in Sturgis but with a 200hp shot of nitrous. I'll be taking my ride at the end on the week so I can savor the moment on the ride home.

After I left the Spyder booth I met Don and the Port Orange Steak House and there ran into some of my V8 buds there. This bike is owned and built by Marv at Chopper City and yes it has 1100 hp and he uses all of it on the track.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    My buddy Don just traded in his Harley on the new 1600 BMW. I really like this bike and there are some features I would like to see on the RT like a miles per gallon and miles left in tank. I think that's a need feature. It uses a scroll wheel to make your adjustments too and that's pretty cool. All in all it's a pretty cool ride for sure.
    Good choice, more to follow....
    Last edited by docdoru; 03-13-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Day for sure

Thanks for the meet and greet LaMonster. I also appreciate the "seat time" picture. I got to Daytona for a wedding, the "500" and now bike week. Not a bad way to spend three weeks. It's nice to know we have our our "Spyder 5" celebrity to catch at most gatherings. Hope to see you again in the future, and will hopefully not have the home in the garage next time.

-Joe Distasio-