Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Water proof connectors

I have the Molox stye connectors but they are not the best for wet enviroments. I have a lot of wiring and want to put disconnects simular to what the bike now has (do not have to be identical). Hopefully I can find a kit with the pin crimpers if necessary as well as an assortment of female/male connectors and pins.

Also, I seen a set of very high power LED lights at a motorcylce show last month. They are abour 2" round and have a built in hi/low circuit and I believer they are also dimable. I seen some one on Spyderlovers also has them in a pic. Any one tell me the name or seller of these?

Thanks in advance,

Randy

Spyder Garage

I use Posi-Tap connectors and never had an issue with water, although I'm sure they are not water proof .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The LEDs you are talking about I think are the adaptive running lights from TricLED.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Go to TricLED.com, go to the order page, and it should be the first item on that page.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I should have been more specific. I am looking a mutlipin block simular to molox but water proof. The molox I have now range from 2 pins to 20 pins but they are not waterproof and a bit bulky. The type the bikes uses is much nicer and of course water proof. I have about 15 wires I want to be able to quick disconnec all at once or say groups of 2 8-10 pin. I will likely need to buy the crimper too.

I do not want pig tails hanging off a premanufactured assembly, I like the clean custom look.

Thanks
    Last edited by bluestratos; 03-03-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tric light is close but not the ones I am thinking about. The one I seen one have a interchangle lense to allow for fog or driving light style and they can be wired into the hi/lo switch to automactically dim. They a have a ticker black front cover with white print on it.

Regards,

Randy

Spyder Garage

Are you looking for Deutsch connectors?

http://www.wirecare.com/deutsch-conn...FWKhtgodWHB_XA
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Check out this place.....They are located in Nevada and great people to deal with. I just bought some connectors for my complete LED project that I will be working on soon for my spyder!

http://www.ecolightled.com/category/...ire_connectors
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, getting closer, not sure these are designed for 14 guage wire and up but right idea. I know I seen someplace I can buy the connectors simular to those used on the bike, the mirror for example.

Take care,

Ranyd

Spyder Garage

Default connectors...

This company has a nice selection of kits. Don't forget to also buy the crimper.
    http://www.hipoparts.com/compact-97p...or-wiring-kit/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thats the one! Thanks :-)

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    Also, I seen a set of very high power LED lights at a motorcylce show last month. They are abour 2" round and have a built in hi/low circuit and I believer they are also dimable. I seen some one on Spyderlovers also has them in a pic. Any one tell me the name or seller of these?

Thanks in advance,

Randy
    Randy, that might have been my posting. They are Glenda Clear Water LED head lights. They usually attach to one of the steering components down low and they turn when your wheels turn. If there's a small rock or rubbish, road kill on the road, these low level lights throw a mean shadow to pinpoint the obstacle in the road. I love them! They are pricey, but worth it in my opinion. This company makes lights for aircraft. Enough said on the brightness. There is a variable dimmer switch that comes with it. You can mount it anywhere, but the most popular spot is through one of the holes in the left front speaker grills. The dimmer is only adjustable during regular running lights level. Once you hit the high beams your are melting eye balls. Not exactly a good thing. If we're in high traffic at night I turn the Glenda's all the way down and they are still pretty stellar.
    If someone flashes you and you flash back... you won't see them repeat the flash. They wire directly into your reg and hi beam wiring. I hope that this helps and that this is what you were looking for.

PS - If you're coming to SpyderFest, Len has them in stock at Cowtown. These are his personal fav's for LED head light add-ons.

Here's the link - http://www.clearwaterlights.com/glenda_pp.html
    Last edited by kevorama; 03-03-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    I have the Molox stye connectors but they are not the best for wet enviroments. I have a lot of wiring and want to put disconnects simular to what the bike now has (do not have to be identical). Hopefully I can find a kit with the pin crimpers if necessary as well as an assortment of female/male connectors and pins.

Thanks in advance,

Randy
    I have an older set of these on my RS. They fit the description you posted. They are a lot cheaper than the Clearwater Glenda lights imho work just as well. http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/StoreFront.bok