Thread: Mirrors

Spyder Garage

Default Mirrors

Has anyone disassembled the mirror? Need some help here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's a real of a job... Sonny-Boy and I had mine apart, but it was a lot of fussing and swearing... We're still not sure how it happened! I know that there are instructions out there; search through the threads involving putting extra lights on the mirrors to act as turnsignal indicators...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It's a real of a job... Sonny-Boy and I had mine apart, but it was a lot of fussing and swearing... We're still not sure how it happened! I know that there are instructions out there; search through the threads involving putting extra lights on the mirrors to act as turnsignal indicators...

Thanks Bob, done the search thing and finally found what I was looking for.

Spyder Garage

Default RT mirror disassembly...

Yesterday I tore into my mirrors so that I could wire some l.e.d. light strips into my turn signals. Needless to say, it's a stinker! Both the top and bottom panels have two retaining tabs that are accessible from the mounting end. The others are inside at locations that are inaccessible, even when the first two have been pryed open. You virtually have to release the tabs that are visible, and then pry the panel open until the others "pop" open. I was lucky and all of my panels came off without breaking any of the tabs. Tug towards the outer edge gently and you shouldn't have a problem. Here are some pics to give an idea where the hidden tabs and slots are.Open mirror.jpgMirror bottom.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by sinkhole View Post
    Yesterday I tore into my mirrors so that I could wire some l.e.d. light strips into my turn signals. Needless to say, it's a stinker! Both the top and bottom panels have two retaining tabs that are accessible from the mounting end. The others are inside at locations that are inaccessible, even when the first two have been pryed open. You virtually have to release the tabs that are visible, and then pry the panel open until the others "pop" open. I was lucky and all of my panels came off without breaking any of the tabs. Tug towards the outer edge gently and you shouldn't have a problem. Here are some pics to give an idea where the hidden tabs and slots are.Open mirror.jpgMirror bottom.jpg

Thanks Sinkhole, I'll attempt this again. Let you know how it turns out.

Spyder Garage

Take your time, on the lower plastic there is a small tap that brakes easily ( its identified as tab #1 in the second picture on the right ) that one tab cost me $79.95.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Oh yeah these things are made from a plastic that snaps faster then a lady finding out exactly what you paid for your "upgrade".

Spyder Garage

Default mirror led lights

Quote Originally Posted by ornerydog7 View Post
    Thanks Sinkhole, I'll attempt this again. Let you know how it turns out.
    I too have picked up a set of leds for the side mirrors. Greens manual sez ( all you gotta do) is:1 Pull the lower part of the mirror toward the outside to unlock it.2 Slide mirror upwards to unlock it from the upper slot.NOTE: The procedures are the same for the LH and RH mirrorsI gave one of the mirrors a causual pull according to the manual, and didn't seem to want to go anywhere. So I guess I have to put more muscle keeping an eye on those tabs. cause it sounds like once the tab breaks your screwed.Thanks for the tip to proceed with caution.Ron

Spyder Garage

Default Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by zbunker View Post
    I too have picked up a set of leds for the side mirrors. Greens manual sez ( all you gotta do) is:1 Pull the lower part of the mirror toward the outside to unlock it.2 Slide mirror upwards to unlock it from the upper slot.NOTE: The procedures are the same for the LH and RH mirrorsI gave one of the mirrors a causual pull according to the manual, and didn't seem to want to go anywhere. So I guess I have to put more muscle keeping an eye on those tabs. cause it sounds like once the tab breaks your screwed.Thanks for the tip to proceed with caution.Ron

Thanks zbunker, I have no problems removing the mirrors from the SpYder and yes, you do need to put a little muscle behind it. My question was for those who have taken the mirror apart after removing from the SpYder. Good luck with your project.