Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Options

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I had a Hindle and for a long time had it repacked two times. I love the sound of the Hindle but it is poorly made. The Heat shield rattles after a while and the material they use to make the pipe is not good. I now have a Leo Vince, it is a better made pipe and it does not need a juice box. All of the spyder owners I know in CA now have a Leo Vince or a Two Brothers.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLorD View Post
    Kyle,
    You see, purpose of this forum is to help each other . No one knows everything ( except Scotty-NancysToy ).
    You came here for advice and you specified clearly what you do or don't want.
    As a matter of fact I have to admit that you are interested in answers and you seem to do listen. So, let's have a look again.
    Answer is in my thread above - Hindle
    There is one on ebay for $399,- , go and get it, sounds nice, performs well, looks sporty, no hassle. Or wait a month till my new exhaust and intake set up is done and I pass you mine for $300,- it has less than 5k done, another 20+ to go
    If you are really after performance, then your best option is to get in touch with guys from www.tricled.com - supporting Vendor, and ask them if they can set you up with Two Brothers of your choice and pre-programmed Juice Box either with your current stock air intake or aftermarket high-performance intake they may recommend. I believe that they'll work with you to the best possible and you have it done right, hassle free. If they provide you with exhaust and preprogrammed JuiceBox, you just plug it in all in less than half an hour and happy days here you come.
    So which way you going to go Kyle?
    after reading everything, i am realizing an exhaust is more complicated than what I was assuming. Ive had my eye on the two bros carbon fiber dual exhaust for awhile now and if that means putting in a JB and filter than so be it. Ill do some shopping around and see who can offer what. I appreciate everyones help.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default exhaust

Hi everyone,
    Well, confusion reigns... I also thought it might have been just a matter of puting a different muffler on and away we go, but no, things become complicated. I was going to put a Yoshimura R77 muffler (silencer) on my 2009 SE5 because it had a great sound and looked great. Does this now mean if I put a Yoshi on, I will need a K&N green or red air filter, then a juice box, then have to get the juice box dialled in to suit the Spyder.
    Also can anyone recommend a reliable bike shop/exhaust shop to supply a Yoshi R77 at a reasonable price to be shipped to Australia.
    Your input would be appreciated...
    Regards
    Paul...Radar

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Well, confusion reigns... I also thought it might have been just a matter of puting a different muffler on and away we go, but no, things become complicated. I was going to put a Yoshimura R77 muffler (silencer) on my 2009 SE5 because it had a great sound and looked great. Does this now mean if I put a Yoshi on, I will need a K&N green or red air filter, then a juice box, then have to get the juice box dialled in to suit the Spyder.
    Also can anyone recommend a reliable bike shop/exhaust shop to supply a Yoshi R77 at a reasonable price to be shipped to Australia.
    Your input would be appreciated...
    Regards
    Paul...Radar
    Let's see if I can clarify. Anything you do to increase the intake or exhaust flow will affect the fuel mixture. The Spyder may or may not be able to compensate. If not, a fuel system add-on like the the Juice Box, O2 mod, or Power Commander, is necessary. You may not need to dial the mod in. The O2 mod can't be altered. The JB or PC will work reasonably well if you use a combination that they already have a map for. Adding one item, like a different muffler (silencer) or a high-flow air filter creates a chance that you might also need the fuel mod. Adding both will virtually assure it. I hope that helps.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKruko44 View Post
    after reading everything, i am realizing an exhaust is more complicated than what I was assuming. Ive had my eye on the two bros carbon fiber dual exhaust for awhile now and if that means putting in a JB and filter than so be it. Ill do some shopping around and see who can offer what. I appreciate everyones help.
    DragonLorD and Scotty are giving you good information. Tricled is the place to go for questions. Good people.

When dealing with exhaust systems, keep three things in mind. Suck (air intake), bang (fuel/air mixture detonation), and blow (exhaust system.) Those three things have to be in balance to keep the engine healthy.

Start with what you want the most. Exhaust... Going back to what Scotty said, put the pipes on and see how the engine runs. Maybe you need something, maybe you don't. The engine will tell you. Backfire means the fuel/air mixture is too lean.

So put the JB on. See how the engine runs. The point is, do one thing at a time. That way, you know what works and what doesn't.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle ruko 44 View Post
    after reading everything, i am realizing an exhaust is more complicated than what I was assuming. Ive had my eye on the two bros carbon fiber dual exhaust for awhile now and if that means putting in a JB and filter than so be it. Ill do some shopping around and see who can offer what. I appreciate everyone's help.
    Word of advice, From experience. First pick an exhaust put it on Then run it a while and see how works, Then if needed add on a filter, Then see how it runs, Then go on from there. What i'm saying is don't throw every thing on at once, This way if something go's wrong you'll know exactly which part is the problem.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Word of advice, From experience. First pick an exhaust put it on Then run it a while and see how works, Then if needed add on a filter, Then see how it runs, Then go on from there. What i'm saying is don't throw every thing on at once, This way if something go's wrong you'll know exactly which part is the problem.
    boborgera hit it on the nail

I have on my RT a Magnaflow muffler and cat bypass, "loud"! then went to a k/n filter. then went with Power Commander with o2 modifier and Autotune. after weeks of tuning she's happy. "Once you start, one thing will lead to another"
    Ended up with 114 HP and 97 ft. of torque at the wheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Let's see if I can clarify. Anything you do to increase the intake or exhaust flow will affect the fuel mixture. The Spyder may or may not be able to compensate. If not, a fuel system add-on like the the Juice Box, O2 mod, or Power Commander, is necessary. You may not need to dial the mod in. The O2 mod can't be altered. The JB or PC will work reasonably well if you use a combination that they already have a map for. Adding one item, like a different muffler (silencer) or a high-flow air filter creates a chance that you might also need the fuel mod. Adding both will virtually assure it. I hope that helps.
    Scotty is exactly right as usual and this has shown to be the case as reflected many times here on the forum. Some machines get away with just the hindle [or similar] and no additional mods and some don't, usually require just a 02 modifier.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for recommending www.tricled.com Dragon. Reggy Tan was a big help. He even took the time to take a video of his own bike so I could get a good look and hear what it sounded like.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Sound

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKruko44 View Post
    Thanks for recommending www.tricled.com Dragon. Reggy Tan was a big help. He even took the time to take a video of his own bike so I could get a good look and hear what it sounded like.
    TOOOLD YA.
    Biker to Biker , Kyle , Biker to Biker, and Reggy is very much the same Pal. Reggy does no excuses, Reggy does the help, I only wish that all the Vendors would be the same.

Enjoy the excitement Kyle and keep us posted, you helped a lot of guys just by coming here and asking questions
    Ryde Safe Bro

Spyder Garage

Default juice box and exnaust

now here is my two cents i have a 2011 rss the dealer now not me installed my tb exhaust i rode it hard for a week and i mean hard raced it at the drag strip 1/8 mile checked fuel mileage a little better then my K&n filter came in i asked the tec did i need a tuner he said no to put it in it would be fine so i did ran it hard again more drage strip time as well as some top speed runs it ran better and it had no problems nothing then i made a custom duel exhaust from a seconed two bro exhaust system i have exhaust on both sides of the bike looks cool and sounds awsome when i put that on i installed a juice box pro (part#tbr001-229it fits 08-11 spyders) and put it on tune #3 and pow it runs awsome more power more torque more top end havent went to the drag strip yet going to put a belt roller kit first and fuel milage is really good i have goten my first over 40mpg tank and i was playing around some on that tank as well going to see if i can get a 200mile tank this weekend well thats my two cents the dealer i use id central fl power sports in kissimmee special thanks to justin good friend and tec there as well as the parts dep for helping me get all my parts and jason ennis for the great deal and the shirt off his back lol
    Last edited by spyderman526; 01-26-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default exhaust options

I put a magna flow glasspack(auto) on my rs.
    i havent done anything else to it and it runs fine and is very loud.
    62k and still running strong.
    total cost $65
    also running kuhmo on the rear and bridgestones on the front
    just changed the rear and i got 20k from the original and 42k on the kuhmo

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default How?

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman526 View Post
    now here is my two cents i have a 2011 rss the dealer now not me installed my tb exhaust i rode it hard for a week and i mean hard raced it at the drag strip 1/8 mile checked fuel mileage a little better then my K&n filter came in i asked the tec did i need a tuner he said no to put it in it would be fine so i did ran it hard again more drage strip time as well as some top speed runs it ran better and it had no problems nothing then i made a custom duel exhaust from a seconed two bro exhaust system i have exhaust on both sides of the bike looks cool and sounds awsome when i put that on i installed a juice box pro (part#tbr001-229it fits 08-11 spyders) and put it on tune #3 and pow it runs awsome more power more torque more top end havent went to the drag strip yet going to put a belt roller kit first and fuel milage is really good i have goten my first over 40mpg tank and i was playing around some on that tank as well going to see if i can get a 200mile tank this weekend well thats my two cents the dealer i use id central fl power sports in kissimmee special thanks to justin good friend and tec there as well as the parts dep for helping me get all my parts and jason ennis for the great deal and the shirt off his back lol
    Well , first I congratulating you to achieved performance and great Dealership, I hear all good things about Kissimmee Guys.
    Everything about your set up makes perfect sense, even add on a performance filter afterwards without remaping might work, your tech obviously knows so no worries there.
    One thing my brain only can't process - increased mpg? How is that possible ?
    You enriched mixture - increase juice feed , gained power - that's just logical when you add juice , right? , how on earth did you manage your mpg to go up? - miscalculation ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust options

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for all of the interesting comments and tips, I'll go the way that was suggested, Silencer first and see how it runs, then possibly O2, then filter etc.
    Regards
    Paul...Radar

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well , first I congratulating you to achieved performance and great Dealership, I hear all good things about Kissimmee Guys.
    Everything about your set up makes perfect sense, even add on a performance filter afterwards without remaping might work, your tech obviously knows so no worries there.
    One thing my brain only can't process - increased mpg? How is that possible ?
    You enriched mixture - increase juice feed , gained power - that's just logical when you add juice , right? , how on earth did you manage your mpg to go up? - miscalculation ?
    In a nut shell. The cleaner the burn at 13.2 to 13.6 air/ fual ratio, the more-the most 'power that the engen can pump out' you will get better mpg. How? you dont have to twest the throttal as far to keep the wheels rolling. I know its hard for me to under stand some times too.

Spyder Garage

so if yourun two brothers single pipe can u just use o2 mod or do u need juice box.??? im stuck between hmf and two brothers

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

www.tailgunnerexhaust.com/

Try this site, they make one for the RT that bolts on...not sure about RS
    Looks like a gatling gun and even has rotating barrels as you rev the engine. They also have sound on their site so you can hear the exhaust sound
    Last edited by Recon; 01-28-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Nope

Quote Originally Posted by NVERLAST1 View Post
    so if yourun two brothers single pipe can u just use o2 mod or do u need juice box.??? im stuck between hmf and two brothers
    No, it's got nothing to do with single or dual. Engine doesn't know how exhausts look, important is what it does, FLOW, everything is pretty much explained in this thread, take your time and read it all ( except Arntufun's posts, lol) .

My suggestion:
    Go for HMF , not that there is anything wrong with TB, they just became so boring since you see them on most Spyders, even HINDLE looks special nowadays . You'll be good with O2 mod here - it does the job.
    If you decide to go with TB, there is JuiceBox on eBay for some $150,- used, hurry up and get it.
    ....don't forget to came back after your upgrade and give us feedback.
    Ryde Safe Bro

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    www.tailgunnerexhaust.com/

Try this site, they make one for the RT that bolts on...not sure about RS
    Looks like a gatling gun and even has rotating barrels as you rev the engine. They also have sound on their site so you can hear the exhaust sound
    I can't see nothing for or about RT on their website. As far as I know they making mufflers for RS but their discontinued Nacelles so only Barrels available. Very nice exhausts but very nicely loud though , it's 9 on scale 1-10 where Hindle is 5.
    Anyway NVERLAST1 has RS and was asking wether to go for JB or O2.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the 2 bro's single can and just use the o2 mod, without the juicebox and Spyder runs fine.

arntufun

No, it's got nothing to do with single or dual. Engine doesn't know how exhausts look, important is what it does, FLOW, everything is pretty much explained in this thread, take your time and read it all ( except Arntufun's posts, lol) .

My suggestion:
    Go for HMF , not that there is anything wrong with TB, they just became so boring since you see them on most Spyders, even HINDLE looks special nowadays . You'll be good with O2 mod here - it does the job.
    If you decide to go with TB, there is JuiceBox on eBay for some $150,- used, hurry up and get it.
    ....don't forget to came back after your upgrade and give us feedback.
    Ryde Safe Bro

I'm glad you are now understanding my post was correct all along since you are recommending the HMF now .

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    I'm glad you are now understanding my post was correct all along since you are recommending the HMF now .

.....ye ye ye, TB wouldn't work on your Spyder anyway. So your only option was HMF , it was much easier for you to pick muffler than for other Felas here because HMF is the only one which works on Yelliw Spyders.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hecoon View Post
    I put a magna flow glasspack(auto) on my rs.
    i havent done anything else to it and it runs fine and is very loud.
    62k and still running strong.
    total cost $65
    also running kuhmo on the rear and bridgestones on the front
    just changed the rear and i got 20k from the original and 42k on the kuhmo
    +1 on the glasspack. I am very happy with it, love the price and the sound.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

.....ye ye ye, TB wouldn't work on your Spyder anyway. So your only option was HMF , it was much easier for you to pick muffler than for other Felas here because HMF is the only one which works on Yelliw Spyders.