Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default My Opinion on SE5

Well today we had a demo ride here in Memphis and they had 2 SE5's and I got to test one on the course they had setup. I have to say that this thing is amazing. I didn't get to take it on the street since I do not have my motorcycle endorsement so couldn't get a real feel for it but on the course alone it was great and handles better than I ever expected. Also I have never riden any Bikes, Scooters, or ATV before today and I must say the ease of use for a beginer is just amazing. I must say the throttle is very touchy you barely twist and your gone. The breaking was also very touchy you barely apply the break and it stops very quickly. Also something else I noticed not sure if this was just because its a demo or what but at idle it did not move at all until you gave it some throttle.

Now i'm more excited than ever about getting my spyder this just made the wait even harder to handle!!!!! Everyone who has an SE5 on order and never riden one you will not be disapointed!!!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have an SE5 on order, and it should be here sometime next month. Thanks for the great review.
    Like you, I'm really excited.

Derwin

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Nice review, I have to say you'll be even more excited when you get yours on the road. I'll gotten a little of 700 miles on my Spyder this week and I'm very happy with it. It's a blast to ride, although sometimes I find it takes longer to get out of parking lots since everyone wants to talk to you about it.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

I'm going to get the SE5 also, but I'm not ordering until january next year, only a few more months. I finally got my promotion at work and I am in the process of paying off 4 big bills. After that, Spyder here I come. The dealer I am speaking with said he wasn't sure how much of a wait I would have come January, but it leaves me a little room since I live in northern Indiana and wouldn't be able to ride until April or May anyway.

Thanks, I was just starting to come down from my Pre-Spyder high and you sent me in a downward spiral. Here I go again!!!!!!!!
    Looks like many more nights looking at pictures, drooling, and dreaming ..........

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Nice report, Tim!

Everyone; we had a really nice time at the demo. It was a blistering 97+ degrees with a heat index of around 105, I think. But, the local dealer that put on the Demo along with Can-Am provided lots of bottled water on ice for us. And, it was a really good turnout!

Neither Tim or I have the TN Motorcycle endorsement yet. So; we had to relegate our ride through the cones. Other folks that had the endorsement were able to hit the road for a few minutes. And, from the ones I talked to - they really had a good time!

My son, and brother-in-law also rode the SE5. They loved it, as well!
    Last edited by Greg H.; 07-13-2008 at 08:18 AM.

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8LEGS View Post
    ...and I am in the process of paying off 4 big bills. After that, Spyder here I come....
    Good for you.... smart thing to do!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The Memphis Demo was a blast yesterday! Travis at FRS told me that this was the biggest turn out since the Spyder tour began, 109 riders Saturday alone! This does not even count the hundreds that came by to check things out. I'm stoked that so many of you have been Spyder bitten! I need some company out there on the roads. Like I told several of you, I've had my Full Moon SM5 since first week of June and by the time I got home 2K+ miles have been clocked. You won't want to leave it sitting long! As far as the anticipation of your bikes arrival, I totally know what you mean. I probably burned the lines up at FRS for me calling them so much to check in on it. Hang in there, it is well worth the wait!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tnspydergal View Post
    The Memphis Demo was a blast yesterday! Travis at FRS told me that this was the biggest turn out since the Spyder tour began, 109 riders Saturday alone! This does not even count the hundreds that came by to check things out. I'm stoked that so many of you have been Spyder bitten! I need some company out there on the roads. Like I told several of you, I've had my Full Moon SM5 since first week of June and by the time I got home 2K+ miles have been clocked. You won't want to leave it sitting long! As far as the anticipation of your bikes arrival, I totally know what you mean. I probably burned the lines up at FRS for me calling them so much to check in on it. Hang in there, it is well worth the wait!!!!
    Hey Jennifer! It was a really good time! I had no idea just how big the turn out was! Wow! It was neat that you came over from Camden, too! We will have to start a club! Your about 115 miles from us. And, I have heard there is some really great riding out around Kentucky Lake.

And, 2,000 miles since you bought yours in June! Impressive!
    Last edited by Greg H.; 07-13-2008 at 01:31 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The road I live off of follows along TN River so it is a blast to ride, lots of S curves. I've seen where there is a club in East TN but not one in Mid or West TN, so we definitely need to get one started up. I have no idea how to do that so if anyone else knows I'm in. And by the way, on my way home yesterday I got caught up in a pretty heavy rain storm. The Spyder did excellent!!! High winds and an all out down pour don't even phase it! I just wish I would have held as well, a bit wet by time I got home. : ( Guess I will be getting that rain suit afterall.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wow didn't realize it was that good of a turnout but i'm glad it was. I'm sure I have been driving those guys up at FRS crazy since I go up there about once every other week :-)