Thread: Need Advice

Spyder Garage

Default Need Advice

My 2011 RT-S SE5 would not shift down into neutral, oil was a tad low and since it was coming up on 3,000 miles I decided to have it serviced and checked out. I was adviced by the service manager that the RT had creep in first and reverse gears and that it needed to be brought back and left at the shop in case parts were needed to be ordered. To make a long story short, the RT was there for 10 days,I picked it up today at noon, tried shifting a couple of times and it worked fine. I rode 75 miles home with a stop for fuel and a stop for lunch, I tried shifting down both times with negative results. When I got home I attempted to shift down again and only got it to go into neutral after depressing the paddle ten or twelve consecutive times. Any suggestions that I my pass on to the service manager or tech? Thanks in advance.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Boriken View Post
    My 2011 RT-S SE5 would not shift down into neutral, oil was a tad low and since it was coming up on 3,000 miles I decided to have it serviced and checked out. I was adviced by the service manager that the RT had creep in first and reverse gears and that it needed to be brought back and left at the shop in case parts were needed to be ordered. To make a long story short, the RT was there for 10 days,I picked it up today at noon, tried shifting a couple of times and it worked fine. I rode 75 miles home with a stop for fuel and a stop for lunch, I tried shifting down both times with negative results. When I got home I attempted to shift down again and only got it to go into neutral after depressing the paddle ten or twelve consecutive times. Any suggestions that I my pass on to the service manager or tech? Thanks in advance.
    See the Thread by blinc, might be some help there
    Spyder shop talk.