Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: americaid

Spyder Garage

Default americaid

anybody going to americaide 2012? This will be my first time! Just wondering about good places to stay and if it's better to stay in town or outside of town.Someone told me that they like to stay outside of town at Gray court.They also stated the one advantage of staying in town is you don't have to find parking for the light parade.

Spyder Garage

Default Americade

Where to stay is definitely a personal preference. You tend to ride more when you stay out of town. I prefer staying in town due to the parking situation. Town can get very full, especiallly toward the end of the week. With headquarters now at Fort Wm. Henry staying in town is even more convenient. You can, however, get more reasonable accommodations out of town.
    I'm ready to go, starting to count the days.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The NY Gawkers will be the host spyder group at Americade and I will be hosting a ride on wed as I have in the past. Discussion will take place in the group site for a while and when it gets closer I will post over here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As for places to stay, Studio motel seems the place for the spyder crowd. A bunch of us stay at LGRV pack as well. Wish I had a number, perhaps someone will jump in.

arntufun

Just like RNET said, If you like to camp this is the place. They have rental camps and a bunch of us will be there. This is the best campground I have ever been to. Well worth the price. Link below.

http://www.lakegeorgervpark.com/

I stayed at the studio motel last year and that was nice, but nothing beats camping and Spydering.
    Last edited by arntufun; 12-03-2011 at 05:52 AM.

Spyder Garage

I always stay out of town. Not because its more reasonable,but I enjoy the awesome roads in and around Lake George.

Hope we can hook up for a ride RNET. We didn't get to Americade til Thurs. last year and I think your ride was on Wed.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default americaide

It sounds like I will finally meet some of you!It will to nice to have some faces to go with the names. I will be there for the group ride also. We won't be staying at the campground even thou I love to camp.When I bought the spyder I sold my gooseneck horsetrailer which I use to sleep in.From reading here it sounds like I want to be a little out of town.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by netta View Post
    It sounds like I will finally meet some of you!It will to nice to have some faces to go with the names. I will be there for the group ride also. We won't be staying at the campground even thou I love to camp.When I bought the spyder I sold my gooseneck horsetrailer which I use to sleep in.From reading here it sounds like I want to be a little out of town.

If you like to party like Charlie Sheen, stay in town. If you like a peaceful nights sleep without partygirls screaming and tire burnouts at 1 am stay out of town.

15 years ago I would have stayed in town, but now I have trouble staying awake after 10 pm.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

check out Studio motel, it's on 9L out off the main drag ,but walking distance to the the million dollar beach (vender areas).

Spyder Garage

I will be going again to Americade.....my 4th year. The last 2 years we have stayed at the Studio. It is a nice place and reasonable rates. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone and riding!
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In Town or not... Camping or Moteling... it's a trip!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    As for places to stay, Studio motel seems the place for the spyder crowd. A bunch of us stay at LGRV pack as well. Wish I had a number, perhaps someone will jump in.

thanks, I will look up this motel.sounds like there are quite a few spyders going!

arntufun

thanks, I will look up this motel.sounds like there are quite a few spyders going!

To be honest with you, last year I could not believe the amount of Spyders I saw. I know there were more Spyders there than I have ever seen gathered in one place before.

arntufun

I just looked at your profile Netta, You will be with several other nurses in our NY Gawker group.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Just like RNET said, If you like to camp this is the place. They have rental camps and a bunch of us will be there. This is the best campground I have ever been to. Well worth the price. Link below.

I stayed at the studio motel last year and that was nice, but nothing beats camping and Spydering.
    So what's a rental camp ?
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post
    It is a cabin with everything but linens and towels, but I would check with the park.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post
    It is a cabin with everything but linens and towels, but I would check with the park.

That was very poor writing skills on my part. Sorry.

If you do not own a camper, or if you just want to bring the Spyder with you to Lake George. You can rent a camper they already have set up. Like Ron said, call the park for more info if your interested.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    I just looked at your profile Netta, You will be with several other nurses in our NY Gawker group.

I would love to hear some funny/interesting stories from other nurses! I look forward to meeting Holly and you! But the way does the camp have paved roads? Some of my Harley friends,that will be the first question out of their mouths

Spyder Garage

I would love to hear some funny/interesting stories from other nurses! I look forward to meeting Holly and you! But the way does the camp have paved roads? Some of my Harley friends,that will be the first question out of their mouths
    Yes ! Lake George RV campground has paved roads. Lots and lots of harleys camp there for Americade.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

(Throwing some fuel on the ifre...)

Those Harley riders don't seem too adventurous; do they??

Back in about 84 or 85; we were lining up for the Parade... The Hawgsters took one of the parking lots and proclaimed it "For Harleys only". It didn't go over all that well with the Wing-Dings and there were some hurt feelings along the way...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

arntufun

Honestly Netta, this campground is the best and cleanest campground we have ever been to. Click link and see for yourself.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Been there to LGRV park for Americade for 3 years now and everything Randy said is true. Been to other campgrounds in LG that are very nice, but LGRV park is by far the nicest.

Spyder Garage

OK you guys made LGRV park sound just right for us.I called the park today and reserved a cabin.
    thanks for the help!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

r
    OK you guys made LGRV park sound just right for us.I called the park today and reserved a cabin.
    thanks for the help!
    I am in from 6/2/12-6/10/12. I have requested site 300 which is the same site I have had for 3 years now. netta there is a rental right across the street from me, if you could get there it would be great. Anyone else booking just tell them you would like to be grouped by Ronald Netzley. Most of the time they can accommodate you.

arntufun

rI am in from 6/2/12-6/10/12. I have requested site 300 which is the same site I have had for 3 years now. netta there is a rental right across the street from me, if you could get there it would be great. Anyone else booking just tell them you would like to be grouped by Ronald Netzley. Most of the time they can accommodate you.

How big is your camper and site over in 300 ?