Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hindler Silencer Rattling

Lately the gray upper part of my muffler w/ the BRP logo has been rattling at the end attachment. (Don't know what to call it exactly b/c it's not a screw) Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it?

arntufun

This is a common problem with the heat shield. The design isn't good. It's not BRP fault but Hindles. You will have to drill out the rivets and install bolts or screws

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I found an easy and quick fix that has worked for me with no problems so far... squeeze some loctite super glue on the rivets, QUICKLY clean off excess and presto... rattling has stopped....
    Last edited by Bumblebee67; 09-22-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee67 View Post
    I found an easy and quick fix that has worked for me with no problems so far... squeeze some locktite super glue on the rivets, QUICKLY clean off excess and presto... rattling has stopped....
    I too have had great success with the loctite superglue on the offending rivets ... so far about 6 weeks and no rattle from the hindle .... good advice

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the advice. Thought i had messed something up. Can I find this glue at Wal-Mart or some where like that?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by d_brown44 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Thought i had messed something up. Can I find this glue at Wal-Mart or some where like that?
    Wal-Mart is where I bought mine at ...in the automotive department. Good luck with the fix ... don't be shy with it ... use enough to make it last .... like I said ...6 weeks of ryding with no rattle.