Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Back rest by accident

I purchase the large Iron Man bag and placed it on my back seat as I seldem carry passangers. Turns out to be the most comfortable back rest I could immagine. The bag has two steel stiffeners that loop up, over and back done the back side to keep the shape of the bag when not full. These fit like a chair with a fabric back rest. I settle back and it supports me perfectly (could use a bit more lumbar). This allows me a lot more positions to keep the fatique at bay. Some times I drape one arm over the bag and hold the back grab handle.. kinda of like an easy chair position. The bag is huge and holds my helmet and riding gear with extra room in the spokets. When I park I lock my helmut to the zippers with a small brass lock.

When I fill the gas I have to hold the seat up until I get the pump going, then the pump handle takes over.

Regards,

Randy

Spyder Garage

I've used bags for that purpose for some years and they work very well. On some I've filled the bag with a blanket rolled up tight just for firmness and then some foam on the part I lean against. Good, inexpensive way to make a backrest.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How about a pic?!?

Spyder Garage

Just be sure to fasten it secure. An earlier post about an accident that seemed to be caused by a bag strap getting caught in the drive belt.

Has anyone heard any follow up on the above incident?
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

http://www.dowcopowersports.com/prod...?item=50125-00

This is a link to the bag I bought, I have it secured under the seat and around the back with the included straps. I will double check but I did ensure the loose ends were secured, the straps have an adjustable clip for this purpose.

Regards,
    Randy

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Just be sure to fasten it secure. An earlier post about an accident that seemed to be caused by a bag strap getting caught in the drive belt.

Has anyone heard any follow up on the above incident?
    Last update I read was that he (Motavar) was healing but the Phantom was totaled.
    Last edited by SpyderRyder2B; 09-02-2011 at 02:03 PM.