Thread: BRP 1" Riser

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP 1" Riser

Finally got my BRP 1" in riser installed. It had been sitting in my to do stuff for almost a year. The install went fairly well especially with the advise given here on spyderlovers. Even after installing and fault checking removing cover plate and ignition shroud twice I still could not get the ignition shroud to fit like it was. I found myself getting frustrated so I packed up shop and will get back to that issue at a later date.

I went out for a little test drive and man what a difference a 1" makes (insert that what she said joke here). The changes in handling and comfort were immediately noticeable. I am 5'7" and fairly athletic but the pressure on my palm was causing numbness on rides over 40 min. This riser makes a good compromise for those who wish to keep the more aggressive riding position but want to get rid of the numbness.
    I really wish I had done this a year ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

From the looks of the bar cover in your pic, it could be that the bar is just a little off center in the clamp, causing the poor fit. Just a thought......

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

So I got the gap issue fixed it turns out there were a couple of issues that contributed:

1. The hub plate needs to be tightened down evenly and incrementally on all three screws
    2.The handlebar cover but be perfectly seated on hub plate

At least I had the bars centered. It all seemed so obvious after stepping back from the problem.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

how long did it take? I have one i have had for a bout a year but cant seem to take the time to do it

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If I didn't have to re-due my work a few times it would have probably taken 30-45 min. To save yourself some hassle due the following

-place a rag in the steering shaft hole and a blanket over the exposed frame and other gaps. If you lose something down there your work just increased exponentially.

-Have a hub puller handy I luckily had a neighbor that let me borrow one.

Go for it. the install is really not that bad just take your time.