RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

Default No authorization

I'm doing my best to mellow with age but am a little disappointed right now! After almost a week, I was informed the parts to repair Black, which Kurt told me to order while at Maggie Valley and were to be at West Coast Powersports last Friday, were not there due to back ordering at BRP and now am told that Kurt won't reply for authorization. West Coast Powersports has used several different venues to obtain the authorization. I left a message on Carlo's voice mail yesterday asking for his assistance with this and no response there either. I just found out my parts have arrived at WCPS and Kurt, who still has to authorize installation, is out of the office until the 18th of this month. Unacceptable!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

I don't know the full story--but:

Sorry to hear of the glitch with your parts. Suggest you be as mellow as possible with the dealership. Its not easy--but getting angry does not help.

Let them work on solving the problem or end up being the bad guys.

Kurt can't be reached by phone or e-mail? That sounds like a bunch of baloney to me.

A person in charge and not able to contact them for more than a week?

Does the place shut down and not do anything while Kurt is away?

You should not have to wait 10 days while someone is away. Seems to me that there should be someone in charge at all times.

Keep us posted.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I don't know the full story--but:

Sorry to hear of the glitch with your parts. Suggest you be as mellow as possible with the dealership. Its not easy--but getting angry does not help.

Let them work on solving the problem or end up being the bad guys.

Kurt can't be reached by phone or e-mail? That sounds like a bunch of baloney to me.

A person in charge and not able to contact them for more than a week?

Does the place shut down and not do anything while Kurt is away?

You should not have to wait 10 days while someone is away. Seems to me that there should be someone in charge at all times.

Keep us posted.
    Be assured, I don't hold the dealership at fault at all!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default auth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler~ View Post
    I'm doing my best to mellow with age but am a little disappointed right now! After almost a week, I was informed the parts to repair Black, which Kurt told me to order while at Maggie Valley and were to be at West Coast Powersports last Friday, were not there due to back ordering at BRP and now am told that Kurt won't reply for authorization. West Coast Powersports has used several different venues to obtain the authorization. I left a message on Carlo's voice mail yesterday asking for his assistance with this and no response there either. I just found out my parts have arrived at WCPS and Kurt, who still has to authorize installation, is out of the office until the 18th of this month. Unacceptable!!!!!!!

....Freebob...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would think that this would be their normal summer shutdown. I believe that they do just like the auto makers and shutdown the first two weeks of July to retool for the new model year.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Be assured, I don't hold the dealership at fault at all!!

Don't if this will work for you, I had an ECM bite the dust, They told me it was out of warranty, I said no it wasn't, but to get it fixed with out wasting time i told them I'll pay for it myself.. After it was done i sent the dealer a copy of the Federal emission warranty, and got my money back.
    Not best way to get things done, But it did save time.

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

As I understand it, Kurt and Carlo are at a dealers new vehicle exhibit and update information meeting in Canada. This is apparently why there is no response from Kurt. It still doesn't seem like a reasonable answer for the lack of authorization. So customers get ignored because of a lack of personnel able to authorize repairs? STILL UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!
    Last edited by Wheeler~; 07-10-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I totally agree with you!
    Sorry about your trouble!

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post

Don't if this will work for you, I had an ECM bite the dust, They told me it was out of warranty, I said no it wasn't, but to get it fixed with out wasting time i told them I'll pay for it myself.. After it was done i sent the dealer a copy of the Federal emission warranty, and got my money back.
    Not best way to get things done, But it did save time.
    I appreciate the suggestion but I can't wait forever for the refund. Your recommendation is a welcome reply though.

Spyder Garage

As I understand it, Kurt and Carlo are at a dealers new vehicle exhibit and update information meeting in Canada. This is apparently why there is no response from Kurt. It still doesn't seem like a reasonable answer for the lack of authorization. So customers get ignored because of a lack of personnel able to authorize repairs? STILL UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!
    Actually Kurt is not at the dealer show, when I left WI he got a call that his mother was very ill and would be passing soon so he went to be with her in her last days.

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Actually Kurt is not at the dealer show, when I left WI he got a call that his mother was very ill and would be passing soon so he went to be with her in her last days.
    I want to personally extend my deepest sympathy to Kurt and his family. I know the pain of losing a mother and my prayers go their way in their time of sorrow.

That being said, it doesn't deter from the sad fact that a company as large as BRP hasn't got a backup plan for this type of incident. This then falls on the shoulders of BRP and they need to step up to the plate. This is a corporation of many not a one pony show!!

Thanks for the update Lamont!

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

My prayers are with Kurt and his mother.. May she rest in peace with her maker.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I want to personally extend my deepest sympathy to Kurt and his family. I know the pain of losing a mother and my prayers go their way in their time of sorrow.

That being said, it doesn't deter from the sad fact that a company as large as BRP hasn't got a backup plan for this type of incident. This then falls on the shoulders of BRP and they need to step up to the plate. This is a corporation of many not a one pony show!!

Thanks for the update Lamont!
    Wheeler. I work for IBM, a 400,000 employee company. I assure you, if I have an emergency like that, IBM doesn't have anyone to cover my job either. We are all busy and companies are run almost too efficiently these days. If I got news like that about my mother, I'd pack and go - the job will sort itself out - my family is more important to me. Give him a few days to sort things out as they just might still be trying to get his responsibilities covered.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

prayers go to him with his mother . That is SAD

Sucks that its taking forever and a day to get any authorization for your spyder . I feel for you as well .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Still... you think that they'd leave somebody somewhere in the building with enough stones to handle issues like this... Is Kurt the only guy with a key to the filing cabinet??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

Apparently taken, "Last night, Montreal, Dealer BRP Presentation for the 2012 line". Farran's looking good. Who's that behind her? Lamont, is that Kurt?
    Last edited by Wheeler~; 07-11-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Apparently taken, "Last night, Montreal, Dealer BRP Presentation for the 2012 line". Farran's looking good. Who's that behind her? Lamont, is that Kurt who"s in Wisconsin?
    Light blue sweater?

I see the resemblance but I don't think that is him. I'm confidant he is where they say he is, I'm sure he would rather be in Canada rather than what he is dealing with now.

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

I just spoke with Lamont in Montreal and apparently that is not Kurt in the background. He in fact asked Farran, who was there with him, if she'd seen Kurt and she also said no. Maybe it's just me but I think the resemblance is amazing. Lamont said he would see Kurt's boss today and see if he could help me expedite this authorization. Part of my urgency has to do with the fact we have no other means of transportation right now. Our car broke down Thursday afternoon and is still in the shop also. Electrical system went out completely. They have a half day Friday and off weekend work schedule. So as of this minute we are mobility stranded.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey Buddy, sorry to hear of your problems.. My ride was in the shop once for three weeks during a back and forth between dealer and BRP - still not totally sure who caused the main delay.. It was tough being without the ride for that long.. - had to rent a car actually so I can empathize with your plight of being stranded.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ahhh, the song remains the same. Are these people @ BRP ever going to learn? Believe me I know what it's like to lose your Mother so I get that part of the deal. But a company as big as BRP has NO ONE else to cover and keep daily ops rolling? No excuse. As I so coldly found out, the world does not stop because you have suffered a personal tragedy; the world keeps turning and things still need to get done. And all we are talking about here is an authorization to repair a single unit. What a joke...

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

Kudos to Lamont on this one. He spoke with a BRP rep today in Montreal named Danny who finally got through to WCPS with authorization for my parts to be installed. Although it's a shame that it took so long to get this resolved, it does speak well for teamwork. Black should be back on the road again soon.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Kudos to Lamont on this one. He spoke with a BRP rep today in Montreal named Danny who finally got through to WCPS with authorization for my parts to be installed. Although it's a shame that it took so long to get this resolved, it does speak well for teamwork. Black should be back on the road again soon.
    Great news Thanks Lamont as always you are a huge asset to all of us.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Let us know when you get it back on the road .

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Let us know when you get it back on the road .
    I picked up Black today at WCPS and no error messages on the ride back to Orlando. First thing I noticed, no more vibration in the handle bars. I thought the rattle was in the mirror on the right side, but it was the throttle assembly. So far so good.
    Thanks again Lamont for your assistance.

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

It's great to hear that you got back on the road again