Spyder Garage

Default What a great time!

I'm sitting in the airport now getting ready to head home and I was just thinking about what a life experience I just had. I can't go into detail now but I will when I get caught up. All I can say is I have never seen a company this big that somehow could feel like a small town family store where everyone knows everyone. I can tell you that BRP cares about the customer first and they know that is what will make or break the bottom-line. There are some huge steps being taken to give the dealer and techs access to information 24/7 that in the big picture will help us to get our Spyders repaired in a timely manner and done right the first time, it will be like Spyderlovers tech board but with all of the dealers, techs, and BRP support behind it. I can see nothing but good things coming from this for all involved including us the owners. Look for big changes in the way service will be handled in the future and how we can help to speed this thing along as a club of SpyderLovers.

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

"Building a better mouse trap"

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    "Building a better mouse trap"

Chris
    Or Spyder trap

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

....e-Spyder Support?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting, Lamont!
    I am very happy to hear that!
    I hope it materializes soon.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

...........hopefully this will bring some of the problem dealers that we read about here "up to speed"! to BRP.

Spyder Garage

Glad you had a great time Lamont. Have a safe trip home. Wonderful news about improved customer support and the dealer network as well. My Spyder is still at my dealership going on 4 weeks now. I am not a happy camper.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

I'm with Deb, hope they get to it soon. Spyder has been at the dealer since 6-27-2011.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Glad you had a great time Lamont. Have a safe trip home. Wonderful news about improved customer support and the dealer network as well. My Spyder is still at my dealership going on 4 weeks now. I am not a happy camper.
    Oh nooooo --- I must have missed this--- what's wrong now?

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Thanks for share'n

Good to hear Lamont, fly safe & thanks for share'n the info. that as others have stated, I hope it happens sooner rather than later

Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

Smile

I agree with Lamont. I have been to a Rally here in Ontario, Canada a few weeks ago and BRP were well represented! Feeling of family, YES! I have not had issues with my RT and any questions I had were answered by my dealers tech guy. BRP are committed to the CanAm line!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds encouraging.. Hope it moves along quickly...

Spyder Garage

This is welcoming news. In meeting Carlo and Kurt at Spyderfest I came away with knowing the great appreciation
    they have for the spyder line and for BRP getting it right. For you to be immersed in a whole community who puts the
    customer first is truly outstanding. I look forward to the possibility that they are striving to achieve a better system
    in getting the job done right the first time. I almost have my spyder back from the dealership. It has been in there
    since getting home from Spyderfest. We thought we had all the bugs worked out, and I signed for all the warranty
    work that was done. two blocks later the parking brake intermittently sticking reared it's ugly head and I had to turn
    around, they re diagnosed it and ordered a new dpn part. I got a new work ticket so now it appears that the bike has
    only been in the shop since July 1st when in reality it has been since May 10th I am crossing my fingers,
    I am aware stuff happens, and am grateful that BRP has stood behind all the work they have authorized the
    dealership to do. My dealership says that my bike is the second biggest job they have ever undertaken, investing
    over 26 hours of tech time to diagnose and repair my bike. I have been very patient because I am aware this is
    a new model and these types of things can occur when you have engineering and sales departments
    designing something new where the sky isn't the limit and they need to turn a profit. What you said Lamont
    about them having like a 24/7 tech support for dealerships will be awesome. As the econemy improves hopeful
    the dealerships will go back to a six or seven day work week. This in itself will cut down on the delay repair
    time. This will not be the last Spyder I purchase. I am just having too much fun when it is running!

I feel my bike has helped
    contribute to there knowledge of what can fix and work for others. I look forward to hearing more about your
    trip and what BRP has planned. I have been kind of quiet lately on spyderlovers because I have been
    without my ride. I am suppose to get my bike back by the weekend. I have a 2k mile ride planned at the end
    of the month. I suppose if we had a two wheeler at the repair shop, you could just ride another one of your
    bikes. That isn't the case here with me. I won't ride motorcycles, just roadsters. now I have to convince my
    wife we need two so i don't ever go through this absence again. Life is too short!

Spyder Garage

Default ticketbait

Sorry to here about all your trouble you are having . It was nice visiting with you at spyderfest. I hope you make it back next year. I know i plan on staying the entire week in 2012.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chickenhoose View Post
    Sorry to here about all your trouble you are having . It was nice visiting with you at spyderfest. I hope you make it back next year. I know i plan on staying the entire week in 2012.
    I had almost 23k trouble free miles I am grateful for. Now i gotta figure out how I will get my 25K pin, I forgot to take a picture of the odometer reading before they removed the cluster. I guess I will show my work order.
    Definetly going back to Spyderfest next year! And I also want to do the Owners event. I am taking 3 days to ride up the coast (just 700 miles) with another spyderlover, scottyb and his wife to Eureka from Los Angeles and meet a bunch of other Spyders in the Redwoods.
    I want to also make Lamonts BBQ, after watching all the videos it really looked like fun.

I would even love to take a tour of the facility where they build the spyders in Canada.

Spyder Garage

This is great news if they follow through and can make the service problems less hassle to get solved on a timely basis.

I am always a little leery of the "love bombing" that goes on with winning over influential people in order to get them on their sides. The proof will be in the pudding as they say. (Don't know the specific "they" here)

The only problem I see: If BRP does not follow through--guess who will get criticized?
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-14-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So happy to hear!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Very happy to hear about positive things coming. I have not had any issues with my 2009 RS but feel for those who have had a very frustrating time of it. Anything that BRP can do to be more responsive and communicate with the riders would be great. We can have our own SPYDERS WEB!!!!

Spyder Garage

This is welcome news, Lamont! After breaking down in northern Montana the dealer had to order parts which had the usual delay (held up at customs), but still had the bike back to me within a week. I think that was surprisingly fast service considering that they had to replace the throttle body. Recently had a new rear wheel put on and the dealer said I needed new brake pads in the rear. Have to be ordered.

BRP really needs to consider having dealers stock common items and creating a warehouse in the states to expedite parts delivery.
    Last edited by dancogan; 07-14-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Good news ! Hope its true.
    Happy Owner

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

It would be nice to have someone to call or email or go to fourm when on the road and have a problem..hope it all works great.....

Spyder Garage

could you "catch" some secrets about the spyder-future .. new engines aso.. ????
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    This is welcome news, Lamont! After breaking down in northern Montana the dealer had to order parts which had the usual delay (held up at customs), but still had the bike back to me within a week. I think that was surprisingly fast service considering that they had to replace the throttle body. Recently had a new rear wheel put on and the dealer said I needed new brake pads in the rear. Have to be ordered.

BRP really needs to consider having dealers stock common items and creating a warehouse in the states to expedite parts delivery.
    My dealer stocks brake pads.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622