Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kentompkins View Post
    I'm the "someone else(?)" who worked on the dealer list for the Garmin Zumo 550. Write me at the address below and I will send it to you.

I'm leaving for the BBQ tomorrow so there may be a few day's delay until I return.

ken tompkins
    kentompkins3 at comcast dot net

cool will drop ya an email... maybe see ya at Lamonts Thursday!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Any recommedations for dealers in Arizona? My dealer is out of business. Phoenix or north and west of their would be great.

Spyder Garage

Default Wisconsin Dealer

Vetesnik Powersports
    27475 US HWY 14
    East Richland Center, WI 53581
    Phone 608-647-8808 / 800-752-2556

The whole staff is great, and Paul the service manager knows his stuff.
    Highly recommended!
    Happy Former-Spyder owner!
    2008 SM5 PE# 3518 / Intense Blue Pearl (sold 2014)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by punji View Post
    Thanks for all the attention to detail.

Anybody have feedback about Gainesville Motorsports northeast of Atlanta? Alcoa in TN appears to be off my list and the dealer in
    Hayesville NC doesn't do Spyders anymore. Need access to a reliable
    service center from Murphy in southwest NC.
    Its about 85 mi from Murphy to Cartersville Ga and one of the best Can-Am dealers around.... www.ExtremePropulsion.com

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Rider View Post
    Any recommedations for dealers in Arizona? My dealer is out of business. Phoenix or north and west of their would be great.
    Know there is one Apache Motorsports in Mesa, AZ...also one in Surprise, AZ - don't know the name...just talked to a snowbird that had been looking at Spyders in Surprise dealership...he also mentioned others around Phoenix area....
    BRP Can-AM Spyder website has a dealer locate that may also help. Altho doesn't give you anyway to know if they are good or bad...of course you can always "try" them and let us know!!!! lollollol

Spyder Garage

We've now been doing business with this dealership for about a year now and they have always treated us right. Although my wife did not buy her 2010 RTSE from them, they have always looked after her machine like it came off their floor. She decided to buy her 622 trailer there.

I recently bought my 2011 RT from them and it went in for it's 600 mile service without a hitch.

We are very pleased with both our machines and the attention we get from:

Mountain Motorsports
    899 Iris Drive SE
    Conyers, Georgia30094
    770-761-4800
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

All dealers pale by comparison to THE dealer----- COWTOWN!!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know others here have different opinions but that's what makes Spyder races. Bought my Pryncys at the following dealer and have never had anything but top-notch service from anyone in the dealership. If there's a better Spyder wrench than Justin, I'd like to meet him ( or her).

Central Florida Power Sports
    2575 N Orange Blossom Trail
    Kissimmee, fl
    407-847-2453

My only complaint is that the only waiting area leaves a lot to be desired.

Hall Elliott

Spyder Garage

Jim Potts Motor Group
    1033 Wanda Lane
    Woodstock Il. 60098
    (815) 338-0640

Macanic not at shop on Mondays. Great macanic and a great dealer!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for doing this!

Honda of Wnston-Salem
    591 South Stratford Rd.
    Winston-Salem, NC 27103

The tech who works on my Spyder (Steve) has done so since the initial purchase and he knows his stuff. Additionally, on most occasions, they have been very responsive to getting my ride in and out of there, and fixed the first time.
    2022 F3-SS , Manta Green/ Black

Spyder Garage

Default WI dealers

Originally Posted by 3tracs
    Vetesnik Powersports
    27475 US HWY 14
    East Richland Center, WI 53581
    Phone 608-647-8808 / 800-752-2556

The whole staff is great, and Paul the service manager knows his stuff.
    Highly recommended!
    I have to 2nd the Recommendation for Vetesnik Powersports, great people and great service!

I have to add

Vetesnik Mad City Power Sports
    4246 Daentl Road
    DeForest, WI 53532

Got all my service work done there since it's the sister store to the one in Richland Center they do great work!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default to be continued.

Thanks to all that have made recs
    I'll update the list when I get back from the BBQ and owners event.
    Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Not so sure

Quote Originally Posted by mixsta View Post
    Thanks for doing this!

Honda of Wnston-Salem
    591 South Stratford Rd.
    Winston-Salem, NC 27103

The tech who works on my Spyder (Steve) has done so since the initial purchase and he knows his stuff. Additionally, on most occasions, they have been very responsive to getting my ride in and out of there, and fixed the first time.
    I HATE saying this, but my experience with Honda WS has been less than stellar. I know they can come here and read if they wish, but I would appreciate it if you don't mention this to them. I just want you to hear my tale and make your own judgement. Don't get me wrong; everyone at Honda WS have always been friendly, and I have nothing against anyone there personally. I had been one of their biggest cheerleaders, until recently.

I had transmission issues with my SE5. Mostly when the Spyder got wet - in rain or after washing. It simply would not shift. It is no fun to be sitting on your Spyder in a hailstorm, trying to get it in gear so you can pull it into the garage, believe me. My main worry, however, was if my Spyder would not shift when I really NEEDED it to, and perhaps put me in danger.

I took the Spyder to Honda WS (where I had purchased) 3 times for this issue, I think. The first time, I was told that it was a half quart low on oil. I asked how this was possible, as they had performed my 3000k service only 1 week before the failure. Oddly enough, my sister had a little tranny trouble also exactly one week before me, and she brought her bike in, too. Again, even more oddly enough, she was also a half quart low. Even more odd... she had her 3000k service done at Honda WS exactly one week before me. (cue 'Twilight Zone' theme here)

The second time I took the bike in (mind you, it is a 1.5-hour one way all-interstate trip for me), I printed off an entire thread from this forum that discussed SE5 transmission failures. I highlighted every fix that dealers had performed for our members. When I gave this to my dealer, I was gravely warned about the information that I could find here; no information from here is 'official', blah blah blah. I responded that I thought it would be beneficial to all for the dealer to have this list, as they could not find the source of the trouble last time, and maybe something in the thread would lead to a resolution, and perhaps save them some time (bike is still under warranty). Again, they did not find the source of my problem. This time they didn't even offer any explanation, as the oil was full.

The third time, they kept my Spyder for a whole week... and found nothing, despite consulting with BRP (so they said). In desperation, I finally called BRP myself, was told that a missing ground wire was the most likely culprit, and was encouraged to bring my bike by the service tent at the owner's event while I was there. So I did.

Kurt immediately diagnosed the problem as a ground wire issue, quickly checking and discovering that no ground wire was present. Now, the ground wire issue had evidently been the subject of a service bulletin, and also was one of the solutions mentioned more than once in the pages that I had printed from here and taken to Honda WS. Needless to say, I was irritated at this point. I rode home after the event, in pouring rain for over 2 hours, and I had no trouble at all getting the bike in gear after refueling, nor getting it into reverse to back into the garage. It was now obvious that the ground wire had fixed my problem.

Because of this, my faith in Honda WS was no more, and I called other dealerships, looking for someone reliable to perform my 6000k service. I was quoted $300 by several dealerships, and all wanted to keep the bike for 1-3 days! I contacted East TN atv, who quoted $150, and named every service point that the others did. So I made an appointment (they didn't ask to keep the bike). While on the phone, Jason asked for my VIN#, so he could check for service bulletins or recalls that my bike needed, so he could get the parts in and perform those repairs for me while he had the bike.

I gave him the number, and he looked it up... then sounded a bit confused. "Ma'am, didn't you say that you had a ground wire installed at he owner's event?" he asked, and I confirmed this. "Well, according to the records on your Spyder, that ground wire fix was installed on 10/23/2009."

Imagine my surprise. Now, imagine my anger. I have hauled this bike back to the dealership 3 times for them to fix a problem that they apparently could not solve, only to find that they supposedly fixed it a year and a half ago? Not to mention the oil level after their last service, for which they charged me nearly $300. I honestly fear that they didn't really do everything they should have then. They won't be seeing my Spyder again.

It is a bit over 90 miles to East TN Atv, but I figure if Lamonster has faith in them, I'll give them a shot. It's only 30 minutes further from me than Honda WS, and a more scenic ryde. My sister also made an appointment with them (being disillusioned with Honda WS after my experiences), although it will be a 4-hour one way trip for her. She had emailed several dealerships in search of a reliable service provider, and East TN was the ONLY one who called her personally to discuss her Spyder. I don't know if East TN will be 'all that', but so far they have seemed to be the most concerned and professional outfit either of us have had contact with. We are really hoping that we won't be disappointed in them.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Jim Potts Motorsports
    http://www.jimpottsmotorgroup.com
    1033 Wanda Lane
    Woodstock, IL 60098
    815 338 0640

Jim's been servicing my 2 Spyders for a couple years now and always makes things right.

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

I highly recommend:
    Seminole Power Sports
    1200 Rinehart Road
    Sanford, Florida
    www.SeminolePowerSports.com
    (407) 322 3253
    Ken: Service Manager

Chris PE# 0004

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yamaha of Millington
    7705 US Highway 51 N
    Millington, TN 38053-2255
    (901) 873-2914

In a nutshell, they pretty much take care of their customers and David makes sure that BRP knows that if the has a issue, it needs to be adressed!!

Spyder Garage

Default Jesco Marine and Power Sports

While it's never a pleasant experience to experience a breakdown 1,800 miles from home, Jesco Marine and Power Sports in Kalispell, MT really went to work for me. My RT-S was towed in Monday, 6/27. No appointment, of course. Later that day they diagnosed a bad throttle position sensor and ordered one, only to find out that they are backordered until mid or end of July. They tried to find one in the region at other dealers with no luck. Then Peter, the service manager, called BRP to get permission to order the entire throttle body. I agreed to pay a nominal charge for next day delivery, which was moved to day after next, thanks to customs. In any event, the part arrived Friday - the Friday before the 3 day Fourth of July weekend - and they were busy getting boats ready for customers.

Anyway, at 4:00 pm on Friday the bike was ready. We rode it 30 miles back to the motel and it was like new. Peter said he only did what any repair center would do for a touring rider stranded far from home. They were great!

Jesco Marine & Power Sports
    2610 US Hwy 93 S
    Kalispell, MT 59901
    406-752-2112

I highly recommend them. Everyone at the dealership went out of their way to be considerate, understanding and helpful.
    Dan

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I see 2 illinois spyder family members on here that are relatively close to me so I was curious what about nielsens or Woodfield power sports ? I see you both suggest Jim Potts ? is it worth the drive from palatine all the way up to Jim Potts ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Our number and address for Bradford Marine in NLR is 8020 Landers rd. North Little Rock, AR 72117 501-833-2628. I see our springdale store is already listed, we also have stores in hot springs ar and texarkana tx.

Spyder Garage

Default What about southern Utah

I just moved to St George UT, far SW Utah. I see no dealers outside the SLC area.

Looks like Las Vegas is my closest option. Any one here have any experience with a dealer in L-V. I expect to start doing more of my own work. I did that with my previous cycles so I think I'll enjoy most of the jobs.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for your efforts, this is a very good idea It is with interest that I note that the two shops closest to me, one in Bakersfield, and the other in Valencia, are not listed. I'm not going to list them, because I can't recommend them yet, I've only had my first checkup/oil change done. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone recommends them. Perhaps a "Do NOT" recommend list would be equally valuable?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My computer has been in the shop- I am typing this at work. Once I get my computer back I will update the list once again

Spyder Garage

Johnny K's
    964 Youngstown-Warren Rd.
    Niles, OH
    330-544-9696

This dealership is top-notch. Everyone from the owner, salesmen and servicemen are excellent. They truly go the extra mile.

Spyder Garage

I would highly recommend my new dealer here in Central VA north of Charlottesville, VA.

Virginia Power Motor Sports LLC
    8381 Seminole Trail
    Ruckersville VA 22968

Phone: 434.990.0005
    Fax: 434.990.0008

http://www.virginiapowermotorsports.com

Great group of people!
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up East Tennessee ATV

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    EAST TENNESSEE ATV
    500 Railroad St.
    Elizabethton TN 37643
    Tel.: 423.542.6109
    Spent last weekend in NE Tennessee. Noticed some vibration on the ride up so stopped in at East Tennessee ATV to have the belt checked (took a complete turn on both sides). These are some great folks with a great CANAM shop. I highly recommend East Tennessee ATV if you are in the NE end of TN, the SE corner of KY, the western end of VA or the NW corner of NC.