Thread: Where is this?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Where is this?

Below is a picture I took about 3 years ago somewhere in the Texas Hill Country. Aside from being a pretty picture, the road it was on was pretty challenging. I was with my wife and we were in our car when we stopped there and for the life of me I cannot remember where it was!! I think, but I am not sure, that it was up near Llano somewhere. I know it is a long shot, but does it look familiar to anyone out there ... and more importantly do you know what highway it is on and approximately where?

Back then the wife and I were driving the Hill Country every weekend (by car) and since my wife started riding her own Spyder a couple of months ago she keeps asking me where this was taken so we can go check it out on our cycles. We've been up and down a lot of roads around Kerrville, Bandera, and even Fredricksberg but still haven't found it. I know it's not along the Three Sisters route near Leakey because that was the first place I thought of but it's not. If you click on the picture it will go super sized.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Clicked on that little sucker and it just plain disappeared!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet View Post
    Below is a picture I took about 3 years ago somewhere in the Texas Hill Country. Aside from being a pretty picture, the road it was on was pretty challenging. I was with my wife and we were in our car when we stopped there and for the life of me I cannot remember where it was!! I think, but I am not sure, that it was up near Llano somewhere. I know it is a long shot, but does it look familiar to anyone out there ... and more importantly do you know what highway it is on and approximately where?

Back then the wife and I were driving the Hill Country every weekend (by car) and since my wife started riding her own Spyder a couple of months ago she keeps asking me where this was taken so we can go check it out on our cycles. We've been up and down a lot of roads around Kerrville, Bandera, and even Fredricksberg but still haven't found it. I know it's not along the Three Sisters route near Leakey because that was the first place I thought of but it's not. If you click on the picture it will go super sized.

No picture
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sorry guys, I host my own pictures and my server was temporarily offline.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default spot

it loos like it could be ranch rd 337 between vanderpool and leaky its a windey rd two lane i hope this helps. the texasrilde.

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Was the picture taken with a camera phone (ie. iphone). if it was, you can get a tool like FastTone Image viewer and read the EXIF data from the image which may contain the GPS coordinates.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Not sure where it is, but it's a beautiful picture!

I might have to go look - I live in the hill country (outside Bandera). I love to ride on the weekends. To go to work, I 'have' to ride down highway 16, into San Antonio - 30 miles or so of hill country and back roads, until I hit the outer loop and then I'm at work. Better than caffeine!

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet View Post

It looks like Hwy 337 between Madena and Leakey If you go to Madena which is between Kerrville and Bandera on Hwy 16. From there ride the three sisters 337-335-336 you will find a lot of those kind of roads