Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Louis

Hi,
    Sorry about the delay. My spyder is completely apart (incl. battery) while I detail and install some things. It should be back together in a couple of days and I can let you know how many miles were on it when picked up.
    Don

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Louis

My "brand new" '09 RS had 14 hrs. and 95 miles on it when I picked it up. The good news is that I bought for several thousand less than retail and got new 2 year warranty.
    Don

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default problem with carl

I have been dealing with carl for the past week at louis powersports for a 09 sm5. Came to a verbal contract over the phone for a otd price a couple of days ago and i put down a deposit. We agreed that i would pick the bike up this Sat. (tomorrow). They are over 2 hours away and assured me the bike will be ready. I told him to take his time to make it right and if need be i will pick up the bike later the next week. I called to get the vin # for insurrance a couple of days ago and he said the bike is not in yet and call the next day. So i did and he said that the bike that came in is red, well we agreed on silver. So he said they are switching the plastics to silver and it will be ready. I told him i want to finance it and to approve me for the financing now so come Sat. we will be all set. I told him i have a security check on my credit so he needs to run it a couple of days before pickup so the request can clear. WELL, today i get a call and he said that my credit looks good and we should be all set and we confirmed the otd pricing again. A hour later he calls my fiance since it will be her bike and says that there is a problem with the pricing and he cant sell the bike for that amount. She went off on him since it will be her bike and carl said that the owner wont sell it for that price and we will have to pay more. And that they have not even run my credit yet ( so he lied to me saying he did and all is good). She yelled at him for a while till he talked to his boss and said he will go ahead with the agreed upon price. He said he will have us out the door within 30 min and all should be fine. I will update you tomorrow night to see if they hold true to their word.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Project, your situation is sounding a lot like mine started out; do yourself a favor and make sure you thoroughly look the over and verify everything before signing anything. Also, just FYI, they didn't give me a very good deal on the accessories I purchased there; you would do better to purchase them elsewhere or even from them on their Ebay store. Keep in mind that they don't call Carl, "Crazy Carl" for nothing. Due to my experience with Louis PS, I will never again put down a deposit on a bike, car or otherwise, sight unseen, no matter how good of a deal I am led to believe I am getting. Good luck on your purchase and I hope you come home with a for a smoking deal.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by projectmoneypi View Post
    I have been dealing with carl for the past week at louis powersports for a 09 sm5. Came to a verbal contract over the phone for a otd price a couple of days ago and i put down a deposit. We agreed that i would pick the bike up this Sat. (tomorrow). They are over 2 hours away and assured me the bike will be ready. I told him to take his time to make it right and if need be i will pick up the bike later the next week. I called to get the vin # for insurrance a couple of days ago and he said the bike is not in yet and call the next day. So i did and he said that the bike that came in is red, well we agreed on silver. So he said they are switching the plastics to silver and it will be ready. I told him i want to finance it and to approve me for the financing now so come Sat. we will be all set. I told him i have a security check on my credit so he needs to run it a couple of days before pickup so the request can clear. WELL, today i get a call and he said that my credit looks good and we should be all set and we confirmed the otd pricing again. A hour later he calls my fiance since it will be her bike and says that there is a problem with the pricing and he cant sell the bike for that amount. She went off on him since it will be her bike and carl said that the owner wont sell it for that price and we will have to pay more. And that they have not even run my credit yet ( so he lied to me saying he did and all is good). She yelled at him for a while till he talked to his boss and said he will go ahead with the agreed upon price. He said he will have us out the door within 30 min and all should be fine. I will update you tomorrow night to see if they hold true to their word.

I hope you get it for the verbal price you agreed to over the phone. However, I trust no one and would only trust something in writing. JMO.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I hope you get it for the verbal price you agreed to over the phone. However, I trust no one and would only trust something in writing. JMO.
    I am the same way but we went out there once already and got a quote. .
    Last edited by projectmoneypi; 03-05-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by usurp31 View Post
    Project, your situation is sounding a lot like mine started out; do yourself a favor and make sure you thoroughly look the over and verify everything before signing anything. Also, just FYI, they didn't give me a very good deal on the accessories I purchased there; you would do better to purchase them elsewhere or even from them on their Ebay store. Keep in mind that they don't call Carl, "Crazy Carl" for nothing. Due to my experience with Louis PS, I will never again put down a deposit on a bike, car or otherwise, sight unseen, no matter how good of a deal I am led to believe I am getting. Good luck on your purchase and I hope you come home with a for a smoking deal.
    Oh i will, i read the online owners manual last nite. hope all works out so i can ride it home.
    Last edited by projectmoneypi; 03-05-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default done deal, very happy

Got there this morning and was greeted by carl. Spyder was pulled out of the service area within a couple of minutes. Was then greeted by Jason who is also in sales and finance. He stressed about how much he wanted me to be 100% satisfied. We discussed the communication issues that Carl and I had and Jason assured me he that things were taken care of. While Jason completed my paperwork i purchased a helmet and they gave me a discount for that. I signed all the paperwork and Jason gave me a discount on the ext warranty. He went over every question i had. Then Jason had the technician Danny go over the complete spyder with me, He was very Knowledgeable and had all the answers. The spyder was perfect not a blemish on it, less than a mile on the odo, less than a half hour run time. Very pleased with the purchase and the staff there. Spyder rode great just cold and windy outside. I will buy from again once i sell my 5th wheel trailer. I highly recommend Louis Powersprts for their customer satisfaction and pricing. You will not find a better deal around, they are more than willing to work with you. Anybody need a 5th wheel.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by projectmoneypi View Post
    Got there this morning and was greeted by carl. Spyder was pulled out of the service area within a couple of minutes. Was then greeted by Jason who is also in sales and finance. He stressed about how much he wanted me to be 100% satisfied. We discussed the communication issues that Carl and I had and Jason assured me he that things were taken care of. While Jason completed my paperwork i purchased a helmet and they gave me a discount for that. I signed all the paperwork and Jason gave me a discount on the ext warranty. He went over every question i had. Then Jason had the technician Danny go over the complete spyder with me, He was very Knowledgeable and had all the answers. The spyder was perfect not a blemish on it, less than a mile on the odo, less than a half hour run time. Very pleased with the purchase and the staff there. Spyder rode great just cold and windy outside. I will buy from again once i sell my 5th wheel trailer. I highly recommend Louis Powersprts for their customer satisfaction and pricing. You will not find a better deal around, they are more than willing to work with you. Anybody need a 5th wheel.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congrats Project; sounds like they are following this thread and keeping themselves in check now. This forum is such a great tool!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that things worked out the way you wanted them to, and that you are happy with the deal.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Louis Powersports

Nothing but problems with Louis PowerSports.
    When speaking on the phone employees misrepresent who they are, position/title.
    Powersports cannot get paper work done. Wrong items received no resolution in sight.

arntufun

They can't be too bad. They have a 99.9% positive feedback with over 1,400 items sold .

Spyder Garage

Default louis powersports

I bought an RT from Louis Powersports and was very happy with the purchase. I drove from Norman, Ok due to the price and the service department bends over backwards to get me in and out for service so I dont have to make 2 trips. They discounted the bike and warranty and Dylan discounted accessories so I have been happy with them so far.

Spyder Garage

Unhappy New Spyder Louis Powersports

I have a even better story,I bought a left over 09 I told them I wanted a Yellow color sales person said ok .After a few weeks and delays It was delivered and guess what it was red.All the paper work was screwed up I got a signed title for a yellow one and wrong vin number I could go on and on but we called finance manager he was rude as heck said someone in Oklahoma has my title and paper work and you are right they will not budge on anything or even give you a toothpick for the screw up.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey Che57vy,
    Bought a leftover 09 from Louis powersports and it has been a nightmare so far. I love the spyder but reliability sucks.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Update, only have 350 miles on my our spyder so far. We have just been too busy to ride. Sold the 5th wheel, just waiting for prices to come down again before i buy. I really want the copper colored rss. Maybe i will get a deal going when i take the spyder in for the 600 mile service.