Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default More on BRP and Trailer License Brackets

We bought our new combo of the Limited and matching trailer on April 23rd. Well, when it was finally delivered I discovered that my motorcycle trailer tags could not be mounted to the existing full sized trailer plate holes provided by BRP (no screws or anything else provided.)

I've been dealing with the head office of my dealership chain and they are attempting to get something put together since my state uses the smaller motorcycle trailer plates. They have been in contact with BRP and BRP was pretty arrogant about it and said, "We have only had three complaints and are not going to do anything about it. The customers can deal with it."

If this is the attitude of BRP I am really beginning to rethink my feelings toward BRP and their marketing.

The folks in Little Rock told me that they are going to do me a favor and put something together that uses a fullsized license plate blank, but will be washing their hands of the matter since BRP does not give3 a crap, either.

We really like the Spyder with a few exceptions, but I regret ever buying the trailer with the numerous problems we have had with it and still have not been able to use it. They sold us a 2010 (found out when getting it registered even though we had been very specific about 2011 only) that they painted white, then the film for the front end was put on a dirty surface and wrinkled in places and the spoke wheel was chipped in at least a half dozen places.

Spyder Garage

I would not have taken the trailer in that condition and told them to find me another trailer or lose my business on the entire deal. If you have paperwork from the dealer stating the trailer to be a 2011 model you might have recourse, but you would need to check your local laws.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sadly, the lighting was pathetic when I picked up the trailer and I had wasted six hours waiting for the paperwork to arrive (had already been bought and paid for 24 days!!!) from Little Rock (200 miles) and had to get to the license bureau that afternoon. I had been assured it was a 2011, not a 2010 and did not see it wasn't until I was already in the county offices and the paperwork with VINs, etc. had already been sent to the Navy Federal Credit Union. I expect if we went to court it would require I go to small claims in my county and would likely win over the 2010/2011 issue, but the contract reads RT-622 (which I was told was a 2011, not 2010 specifically) but did not list year model. Turns out it was a Black 2010 they painted white out of old stock in Little Rock.

I have been in cardiac rehabilitation, and diabetes gone out of control, etc. since early April and guess I was not at the top of my game through the entire ordeal.

I have let the franchise owner know exactly how screwed I feel from the dealership and the arrogance of their guy that does paperwork. I am very confident in the technician that works on the Spyder, though. The dealership could give a rats rear end about the trailer license plate, but the guys in Little Rock have been busting their tails trying to get that correct and telling the dealership to get the trailer squared away to my satisfaction. Little Rock is paying for my next service and gave me the chipped tire/wheel assembly to try to help smooth things over.

Now for BRP to have the attitude, "We have only received three complaints, so we are not going to do anything to correct the error." I feel is absolutely wrong in more than a few ways. Could you imagine buying a new Corvette and living in a state that has a front license plate and the dealer not giving you the correct bracket to mount said plate and Chevrolet saying, "Well, only a few states have front license plates, so tell the sucker that just bought the new Corvette to get some bailing wire and punch a hole in the front fiberglass and attach the plate that way." That's pretty much the way I take BRP's attitude on this.
    Last edited by retiredsquid; 06-18-2011 at 08:06 AM.