Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Isci spy fan can 10

I would appreciate any feedback or opinions on the Fan Can being offered by Isci

for the 2010 RT .

Thank you

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This is the first time I've seen it - but everything I've ever gotten from ISCI has been engineered to the MAX, and their customer service is top notch - it would be a low risk proposition.

Personally, where I live, I like the heat…

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It looks like the installation instructions are for a RS. I wonder if it is misplaced on the website?
    Last edited by stevedfive; 05-21-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Fan Cam

Thank you guys for taking the time to write .
    I'll call up Isci and verify if it's for an RT or RS .
    The product was placed in the RT section but under miscelaneous .
    Much appreciated

Spyder Garage

I know ISCI makes a Fan Can for the RT because I saw them being installed on RT's at Spyderfest. Maybe the instructions need to be updated for the RT?
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    http://www.spyderpops.com/resources/...LOCK-2-WEB.jpg

The fan can from ISCI is for the RS . Spyderpops makes one for the RT see the link above.
    nope ISCI now makes one for the RT. they had it at Spyderfest.

the Spyderpops is NOT a fan can but blocks the exit for the fan and forces the hot air out the bottom instead.

the fan can forces the fan air to blow INTO the engine area and then down the bottom I guess.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post

the Spyderpops is NOT a fan can but blocks the exit for the fan and forces the hot air out the bottom instead.

the fan can forces the fan air to blow INTO the engine area and then down the bottom I guess.
    You are correct!

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    It looks like the installation instructions are for a RS. I wonder if it is misplaced on the website?
    Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    I know ISCI makes a Fan Can for the RT because I saw them being installed on RT's at Spyderfest. Maybe the instructions need to be updated for the RT?
    When I talked to ISCI in fest, I had that issue. They said the difference between both is on the removal of the tupperwear, but it is pretty much the same install.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

OK I had not realized this ,I apologise. I looked on ISCI web site but missed the one for the RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    OK I had not realized this ,I apologise. I looked on ISCI web site but missed the one for the RT
    Hope u didn't take it as personal. I sometimes can be clueless ;-)

See ya at Maggie Valley

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Red face

So I have a question on this.. I have been eyeballing it for a few weeks (RT Can), and worry what the negative effects are with this. Does it cause an increase in temps to the Engine resulting in higher oil and water temps?

I am struggling with not knowing where this heat is now channeled to (In actual flow not aiming).

I can take foot/shin heat FAAAAAR better than fanny heat and hate the thought of just moving the heat to another area having just moved the issue instead of resolving it.

Plus, if this is such a good idea, why the heck has BRP not done it? There has to be a reason beyond the cost..

Not trying to be a P.I.T.A. on this, but I am trying to further educate myself before deciding to buy it or not. Thank you for all of your help!!!
    Last edited by IWN2RYD; 05-26-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Hope u didn't take it as personal. I sometimes can be clueless ;-)

See ya at Maggie Valley
    Hi Clueless I hate to give wrong information to people and to mis inform people about others products I am wrong and wanted to correct my posting No Offence taken at all And in this case I am CLUELESS and not you . We will not be going to Maggie Valley this year but when I become a better spyder ryder I will see you at some events . Take care and safe riding

Spyder Garage

Default Fan Can

Hi Guys
    Haven't called Isci yet as I've been busy with other things but after reading IWN2RYD's comments it made me wonder whether this would affect my warranty by adding it on . Guess I'll have to make 2 calls . One to BRP as well .
    Will definitly let you know their responses
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default From ISCI

There are two different "ISCI FANCANS". The part numbers are SPY-FANCAN and SPY-FANCAN-10.

Part # SPY-FANCAN is for older RS models (2008 and some 2009) that have a radiator fan that does not have a built in shroud that covers the whole surface of the radiator as shown in the picture.

Part # SPY-FANCAN-10 is for some of the later 2009 RS models and all 2010 and later RS models. It also fits all 2010 and later RT models. These fans have a shroud that is an integral part of the fan itself and this shroud covers the entire fin area of the radiator.

Part of our testing involved adding a temperature gauge to the upper radiator hose on a 2008 and a 2009 RS. We ran one with a FANCAN installed and one without for almost a year. We ran these side by side on numerous occasions on some very hot days here in Alabama. The temperature rose at the same rate on both and once the thermostat started opening and closing they both maintained temperature in the same range.

Like someone posted earlier the installation is basically the same on the RT as it is on the RS with the exception of the removal of body panels.

We continue to run these installed on our RS models as well as the RT without any problems.

If anyone has any other questions about these just let us know!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Venom21 View Post
    There are two different "ISCI FANCANS". The part numbers are SPY-FANCAN and SPY-FANCAN-10.

Part # SPY-FANCAN is for older RS models (2008 and some 2009) that have a radiator fan that does not have a built in shroud that covers the whole surface of the radiator as shown in the picture.

Part # SPY-FANCAN-10 is for some of the later 2009 RS models and all 2010 and later RS models. It also fits all 2010 and later RT models. These fans have a shroud that is an integral part of the fan itself and this shroud covers the entire fin area of the radiator.

Part of our testing involved adding a temperature gauge to the upper radiator hose on a 2008 and a 2009 RS. We ran one with a FANCAN installed and one without for almost a year. We ran these side by side on numerous occasions on some very hot days here in Alabama. The temperature rose at the same rate on both and once the thermostat started opening and closing they both maintained temperature in the same range.

Like someone posted earlier the installation is basically the same on the RT as it is on the RS with the exception of the removal of body panels.

We continue to run these installed on our RS models as well as the RT without any problems.

If anyone has any other questions about these just let us know!!
    Thank you for your response!

Where does this heat now travel? To the undercarriage and tire? To the engine bay and under our fannies?

Spyder Garage

It redirects the air into the engine area.

Spyder Garage

Default Fan Can

So now I'm more curious . By redirecting the heat back into the engine area , would that solve IWN2RYD's preference to shin heat as compared to fanny heat . I'd also like to know Venom whether you are aware if adding this onto my Spyder would affect BRP'S warranty

Thank you

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

JKaye, I was using Venom21's profile to answer this, but now I have my own.

In my experience riding the Spyder with the FANCAN installed there isn't any heat on your foot, shin or leg when using the highway pegs. I also haven't felt anymore heat anywhere else than what is experienced during normal riding and riding in stop and go traffic.

As far as it affecting the warranty, I don't know.

Spyder Garage

Guess I,ll give BRP a shout since I stll have another 1000 miles before their warranty finishes and wouldn't want to jeopardize it at this time .
    My is running too nice to change anything .
    As the saying goes , if it ain't broken , don't fix it .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe cut a hole in the skid pan, add a short tube or something to connect to the fan can outlet directing the hot air from the can out and underneath the bike, that way you not sending the heat back to the engine?

Spyder Garage

Has any body instaled a FanCan on a 2011 Rt. I see a bunch of work to do so. The bolts that are used to mount the FanCan are covered by a plastic air distrabution shield now. To me it looks like it would be dificult to remove this shild. Any thoughts. Bob

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I installed the fancan on my 2010 RT last week. I am, frankly, amazed and happy with the result. While the feeling of heat isn't completely gone from my right foot, it's easily 90% less. I can ride on my highway pegs for as long a I want, whereas I could only do that for a few minutes before. BTW, I rode 300 plus miles this past weekend in 90% plus weather.

It's a great mod!

Spyder Garage

Fredace did your bike have a plastic chield that directs air to the opening and cover the bolts that the fancan ataches to. My 2011 has a cover over the bolts on the bike fan and looks very hard to get to. It looks like I might need to take the cover off and install the fancan and reinstall the plastic air director. Looks like it would be very involved to remove it.

Spyder Garage

ISCIRIDE I think that your site needs to come up with a complete install procedure to install the fancan on a RT or S 2011 spyder. I took all the out side tuppeware off and found the inside schroud that covers the bolts to the fan that you show on your site and instructions. Not even close to what we need to do to install the fancan.I beleave that the inside schroud needs to be removed first. Maybe I'm missing something but it looks like we will have to go a lot farther into the RT to install same. Pleas gives us help. I have the fancan now and backed off installing the thing. Bob

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Mine in sitting in the garage. Bought it at Daytona Bike Week with no instructions. But don't see how it will fit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by recordingguy View Post
    ISCIRIDE I think that your site needs to come up with a complete install procedure to install the fancan on a RT or S 2011 spyder. I took all the out side tuppeware off and found the inside schroud that covers the bolts to the fan that you show on your site and instructions. Not even close to what we need to do to install the fancan.I beleave that the inside schroud needs to be removed first. Maybe I'm missing something but it looks like we will have to go a lot farther into the RT to install same. Pleas gives us help. I have the fancan now and backed off installing the thing. Bob
    i just looked and see the same thing you are. Was interested in this, but i really don't use the footpegs right now so, i'm thinking to hold off. I'd really like to know where the heat is going like previously asked....The engine answer doesnt make me feel that great/ WDIK

john
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons