Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm a Spyderchondriac

Every time I read a post about a problem I start to worry that I have the same problem with mine. I get especially worried just before a big trip and for that reason I will not read any posts that may exacerbate this condition before I leave for Maggie Valley on Tuesday.

And with that happy thought I have 1,000 posts on this forum. Does that make me a forum-a-holic?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default text addict

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Every time I read a post about a problem I start to worry that I have the same problem with mine. I get especially worried just before a big trip and for that reason I will not read any posts that may exacerbate this condition before I leave for Maggie Valley on Tuesday.

And with that happy thought I have 1,000 posts on this forum. Does that make me a forum-a-holic?

I hate to think of how many Phone Text you may have to your credit...........

Freebob...

Spyder Garage

Yup about the forumaholic. You are going to find more negative posts than positive posts--because the forum is a place to vent and get help with issues.

The ones you don't hear from are the ones that are likely going on big trips and having to much fun to mess with SL.com.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I try and use the "issues" posts to make me aware of things that others have experienced, so that if it happens to me I can hopefully recall the "fix". Other than that, we just ride. Can't worry too much about something that hasn't happened.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    I try and use the "issues" posts to make me aware of things that others have experienced, so that if it happens to me I can hopefully recall the "fix". Other than that, we just ride. Can't worry too much about something that hasn't happened.
    I initially think/react like Spyderanne and then slowly come around to your thought process Dudley!

You and your cross country trip are in the back of my mind as I prepare for my cross country trip next fall.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Another "forumaholic" here... I too try to soak up and retain as much information as possible for that one time that I might actually be in a position to help either myself or somebody else out of a tight spot...
    (Although I'm thinking that either the belt is moving left or my left front tire is a half-pound low... )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Another "forumaholic" here... I too try to soak up and retain as much information as possible for that one time that I might actually be in a position to help either myself or somebody else out of a tight spot...
    (Although I'm thinking that either the belt is moving left or my left front tire is a half-pound low... )
    If you are pulling to one side, it isn't the belt's fault. Low tire, steering sensors out of synch, or bad rear wheel bearings are common causes.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Arachnophobia?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Funny thing is I have been sorting out issues with my Spyder this past weekend, and still have 1 to correct before heading out of here on Thursday morning. I haven't had the time to post what has happened, and may not ever post it.