Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ELKA SHOCKS

Spyder Garage

If you have the right tools all you need to do is lift the Spyder enough take the pressure off the shocks and remove 2 bolts on each shock. Took me about an hour for the first shock. After learning the technique the second shock took me about 15 minutes. An hour labor quote is probably not unrealistic.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Hopefully installed tomorrow.
    2009 Spyder RS (non operational)
    2022 Spyder RT Limited
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default got mine yesterday and installed right away

wow! what a difference. rides better in the wind and curves much nicer. money well spent. Install was ok. Thanks Cowtown USA for the help. Great phone support. A+
    Only thing was bolt on upper right side (looking head on @ bike) you will need a universal joint or like me heat up a wrench and bend it to get on that bolt head. Elka shock no problem there. Looking forward now to next week. Vacation in FL. Hope to ride all the way to Key West and back to have new Corbin seat installed.
    Wish me luck!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

sounds like A+ stuff

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurango View Post
    wow! what a difference. rides better in the wind and curves much nicer. money well spent. Install was ok. Thanks Cowtown USA for the help. Great phone support. A+
    Only thing was bolt on upper right side (looking head on @ bike) you will need a universal joint or like me heat up a wrench and bend it to get on that bolt head. Elka shock no problem there. Looking forward now to next week. Vacation in FL. Hope to ride all the way to Key West and back to have new Corbin seat installed.
    Wish me luck!
    Just put mine on and I totally agree, what a difference!!!!

Yes that bolt was a pain.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Poor man's Elka shocks

Us poor retired folks don't have the spare change for Elka shocks and you can't rapidly adjust from 1 to 2 riders and back. Corner for corner a new set of 2011 RT stock shocks and springs, stiffer sway bar, and an Airwave on the back turned our RS into a wall climbing spyder. Adding a full set of Corbin Fleetliner bags, trunk and saddle make for a fantastic sport-tourer without all the bloat.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Skytour View Post
    Us poor retired folks don't have the spare change for Elka shocks and you can't rapidly adjust from 1 to 2 riders and back. Corner for corner a new set of 2011 RT stock shocks and springs, stiffer sway bar, and an Airwave on the back turned our RS into a wall climbing spyder. Adding a full set of Corbin Fleetliner bags, trunk and saddle make for a fantastic sport-tourer without all the bloat.
    How do you like your Airwave? I been thinking of maken the move but haven't heard much about there system even contacted them and all they did was direct me to there wed site witch didn't offer much spyder info. How stiff is the ride and how low can you get the rear down to the wheel?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dochands View Post

Hopefully installed tomorrow.
    back to the same dealer you had issue with Doc2? hope they dont @$@#$ over on the install.