Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default My Bowcycle rant

after having zero issues with my DPS recall I was in Bowcycle in Calgary Alberta(a 3 hour drive from my house) and they convinced me to get the recall done ASAP. I'm paralyzed so I had to get my dad to help me get it up there. The 3 hour job started a week and a half ago and still has not finished. The replacement DPS that they had instock was faulty and they don't have anymore, nor do they have any idea when they are getting more. So my bike sits and waits while I go crazy with the nice weather outside.

So I have been calling other dealships and looking for a spare DPS that they could ship to Bowcycle till they get theirs, a job Bowcycle should be doing if they care to help me. I know it's not their fault for stocking a bum DPS but they should be looking for one in another city to please the customer.

The moral of the story is if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    3 hour job will turn into 3 weeks

arntufun

Your in Canada where they make the Spyder, and you still can't get parts ???

Way to go BRP !!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...and it's somewhat more than a dang shame!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Contact Carlo and see if he can help expedite the DPS for you.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Contact Carlo and see if he can help expedite the DPS for you.
    He had zzneonzz's DPS unit overnighted when he went to the dealer for an unrelated issue and the VIN record over BRP showed that the DPS unit was not replaced.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Like everyone said contact Carlo. I hope that get you fixed up soon it is awful not being able to ride when the weather is nice.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post

Way to go BRP !!!
    It isn't just that... You would think with the riding season approaching a few months back that they would have worked harder to boost supply...

Maybe they did for all we know and demand out stripped their best estimates. Unfortunately the onus seems to be placed on the owner to ensure that the dealer has a DPS in stock and accept the potential for being with out your vehicle for weeks on end due to parts shortages.... Granted, if the part is in stock and is faulty, there isn't much anyone can do except for BRP.

Spyder Garage

Unfortunate situation--hope you get it worked out. with the others on contacting Carlo.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post

Way to go BRP !!!

Yeah and we pay a lot more for it here in canader too.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    It isn't just that... You would think with the riding season approaching a few months back that they would have worked harder to boost supply...

Maybe they did for all we know and demand out stripped their best estimates. Unfortunately the onus seems to be placed on the owner to ensure that the dealer has a DPS in stock and accept the potential for being with out your vehicle for weeks on end due to parts shortages.... Granted, if the part is in stock and is faulty, there isn't much anyone can do except for BRP.
    Once the company has your money, ceslavie. Not sure how it's spelt( say la vie).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is no excuse for this. This DPS crap has been going on for as long as I can remember and people are STILL having issues. In this case BRP should be able to turn this part around with the dealer inside of a few days. Dude is right there in Canada man!

This is the kind of stuff that keeps potential buyers away and really puts egg on BRP's face. And with all the aggressive advertising they are doing this is only going to get worse unless they get their act together. There is no sense growing the rider base if you can't support them.

The product experience is NOT just about the product, it's also about how you support that product. Time to step it up, BRP. You've been around long enough and should be able to do better than this...

Spyder Garage

Just a question? Why can't the dealer just put his old unit back on the spyder so he can ride it and wait for the new/replacement unit. He states that he did not have any problems with that DPS. Perhaps a legal issue but at least it would get him back on the road.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MMcc View Post
    Just a question? Why can't the dealer just put his old unit back on the spyder so he can ride it and wait for the new/replacement unit. He states that he did not have any problems with that DPS. Perhaps a legal issue but at least it would get him back on the road.

I believe what was stated before when this happened to others is that this is a safety issue and the dealer can hold the spyder hostage.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MMcc View Post
    I think it had to do with the recall being that its safety, if the dealer gave it back knowing there's a potently defective part; they're responsible for any negative outcome.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is no excuse for your dealer not to do whatever it takes to get a new one from somewhere. If my customer service was like that I would not be in business today. Come on!!! Look at all the negative comments this posting is causing. Think how much good will could have been generated by prompt, decisive action to help a customer.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    There is no excuse for your dealer not to do whatever it takes to get a new one from somewhere. If my customer service was like that I would not be in business today. Come on!!! Look at all the negative comments this posting is causing. Think how much good will could have been generated by prompt, decisive action to help a customer.
    In all honesty , Most Multi brand bike dealers really don't care that much about Servicing the Spyder, It slows up servicing their other brands. The Spyder is a problem With all the parts delays they just get customers mad at them. [i'm one]
    And who do you buy a Spyder from ? Believe me they don't send unsold Spyders back to the factory to be crushed they sell every one they get , So you don't buy from a bad dealer, Someone else will, Especially if that dealer takes a few Buck's of the price.
    The answer to good service is Competition. And so far BRP has none.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I wish I had Carlo's email a week ago.
    Thanks for the help guys!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

after reading this post now im alittle scared my dps check came on cant get it off and have never had recall done going in next week to have done they have one in stock. I hope i dont have this trouble

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lonnibdd View Post
    after reading this post now im alittle scared my dps check came on cant get it off and have never had recall done going in next week to have done they have one in stock. I hope i dont have this trouble
    The DPS itself is not the most common cause of this error code. It usually means a steering sensor has a problem, or the sensors are not calibrated the same. BTW, most dealers seem to have the RS DPS units, but the RT units are in short supply...at least around here.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I think everyone at BRP has no idea how to return their messages.. I just want my stock DPS in and my bike back. This is bull ****. how long does it take Carlo to get back to you?

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dewie View Post
    I think everyone at BRP has no idea how to return their messages.. I just want my stock DPS in and my bike back. This is bull ****. how long does it take Carlo to get back to you?
    There isn't a dealer in his right mind [liability] that will put a recalled part [even if it's is working] back in and let you drive off.
    But i can understand how you feel, My Spyder is in the shop for 3 weeks for a Sprocket,and shaft. Hopefully I'll be picking it up this Friday.
    When i ask the dealer why does it take so long to get parts, They say that BRP is very difficult it work with and that's just the way BRP does business and they can't do anything to make them ship faster.

arntufun

Welcome to the world of BRP service departments. With most of BRP's dealers bending us over a barrel with their, we will get to it when we get to it attitude. Don't get me wrong I love my Spyder, but I dread when I have to take her to get service because I know it will be a one/two week ordeal on any service.

This is exactly the reason I ride Arctic Cat snowmobiles. My Arctic Cat dealer would never let me be down without a sled for so long on any repair. As soon as another manufacturer makes a similar product to the Spyder, this site will be a ghost town because BRP can't seem to get how important service is to their current customers. And as another poster said, it's only going to get worse with this aggresive ad campain. They can't take care of thier current customers, how the will they be able to take care of thousands more who buy on top of us ???

I hope when you finally do get your Spyder back, that the work is done right. Good luck !!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    The DPS itself is not the most common cause of this error code. It usually means a steering sensor has a problem, or the sensors are not calibrated the same. BTW, most dealers seem to have the RS DPS units, but the RT units are in short supply...at least around here.

woooofffff good thing ya they said they had one i wasnt aware that they put a whole new dps unit on as long as it works im happy I will make sure it is good before i take the hour and half trip back home

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE= As soon as another manufacturer makes a similar product to the Spyder, this site will be a ghost town because BRP can't seem to get how important service is to their current customers. And as another poster said, it's only going to get worse with this aggresive ad campain. They can't take care of thier current customers, how the will they be able to take care of thousands more who buy on top of us ???

I hope when you finally do get your Spyder back, that the work is done right. Good luck !!![/QUOTE]

No doubt, if the big 4 (honda, kawi, Suz, Yam) ever built something like this for the same $$$ I would jump ship soooo fast. If I wasen't paralyzed i would be on 2 wheels anyways and riding something that is tried and tested and true.

Just found out they got the DPS yesterday and my bike will be ready next week, like mid week. Awesome, glad to see my bike doesn't get priority in their lame service shop. 3 hour job is 3 weeks in Bowcycle's world.