Spyder Garage

Default What is needed to allow driver to passenger coms?

If I get the BRP helmets with coms built in, will that work? If not, what else is needed? Should I just go bluetooth?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

you will need to get the cb/communication package - cost is 799, bluetooth is lookin better ay

AC

Spyder Garage

Wow, I would say so. I saw a thread on some bluetooth earlier today. One question. I am assumming they are universal and can be used on any helmet. Say my buddy has a different brand one, can we communicate bike to bike?

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

In addition to the comm helmets (or the communications headsets), you will need the CB & Communications System P/N 219400145, and the Entertainment Harness P/N 219400201. You also need to have the AM/FM Radio installed. There are agood ftermarket alternatives, but they are not integrated to the Spyder audio system.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Not sure, there are ones out there that go bike to bike, not sure on compatablility would you have to check out the specs of both the units

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acinpcola View Post
    Not sure, there are ones out there that go bike to bike, not sure on compatablility would you have to check out the specs of both the units

MY Bluetooth can comunicate Bike to Bike but range is not as good as
    CB/Comm Sytem on My RT-S...

Freebob...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Check out:

http://www.cardosystems.com/scala-rider/scala-rider-g4

My wife and I both have the Scala Rider G4 and they work wonderfully! .....and if you shop around online you can get them for one heck of a lot less than what BRP wants for their intercom. If you really need a CB, go that route, but if a CB's not essential I wouldn't go in that direction. Best of luck!!

Spyder Garage

We have Scala riders and they work great. The new G-4 can talk bike to bike You can find good deals online

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Wow, I would say so. I saw a thread on some bluetooth earlier today. One question. I am assumming they are universal and can be used on any helmet. Say my buddy has a different brand one, can we communicate bike to bike?
    In the case of the folks I ride with our bluetooth systems don't talk with each other but we have handsfree on our cells so we communicate through the helmet via cell phones

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I have been using the Scala 2 for a few months. They work great and the only drawback is that when you start talking it takes a second or two to connect. It is best to speak or blow into the mike first to "wake it up".

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I got the Cardo Scala G4 Powerset. SWMBO and I are very pleased. Easy conversation when 2 up on the road.

She is still practicing for her MCL in the school parking lots and we are in comm the whole time. Even picked up the iPod thru it (ZZ Top has some great road music).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Yes, you can use them on virtually any helmet. assuming the helmet has room for the speakers.
    No. The bluetooth protocols are different among the manufacturers.

Spyder Garage

we went with the scala rider Q2 works great and my brother has it so we can talk bike to bike
    and alot cheaper and easy to hook up