Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 600 mile service?

Any advise for the 600 mile service? Getting close (finally had some nice days to ride) so I'm schedling the service for next week...will be over by a few by then.

Have a good service/dealer and feel confident with that, but want to make sure I don't miss anything.

What a great forum for ideas/learning and just in general information. Thanks

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just had my 600 mile service done last Tuesday. Went smooth as it could go. I genuinely like my service technician and he has attended all of the schools BRP has for the machines and was a professional ATV rider for years, so he knows his stuff and I have great confidence in him. I hope you the best and have as good a tech as I have.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What does a typical 600 mile service visit cost?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Mine cost $249. Course they get $110 per hr for labor

AC

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mine was a long time ago and was $371 and I haven't been back to that dealer ever....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just had the RSS-SE5 service done a couple of weeks ago $225.00 here in Illinois. Just a heads up check your oil when you get it back. For some unknown reason it seems that dealers like to overfill the oil tank. I'm not saying that all dealer do just check it yourself. (Follow the manual do it hot) Both of our were overfilled. Hate when that happens!
    PS our dealer is great but stuff happens
    --------------------------------------------------------
    2011 RSS-SE5 his & hers
    Last edited by 1BLACKSPYDER; 05-24-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We just purchased ours and asked about the check-up @ 600 mi. We were told there was no service fee for this. Wo now I assume they just added in the price somewhere.. sneaky lil chit's...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

thanks. just called to get the in next week and was told they are booked. Also told they do not want it before 600 miles but it is ok to ride until we can get it in, no big deal on how far over the 600 we are. So we shall ride until we can get in for our service.
    Have a safe memorial weekend. And thank you to those who have served and are serving.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Had mine in the shop early for other reasons. 529 miles on the spyder. $329 was the cost.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    We just purchased ours and asked about the check-up @ 600 mi. We were told there was no service fee for this. Wo now I assume they just added in the price somewhere.. sneaky lil chit's...

They may have added it into your initial cost, or they may just be a really good dealer that wants to keep you coming back for service. At any rate, if you were happy with the out the door price you paid for the Spyder I would consider the free first service a nice bonus.