Quote Originally Posted by Yfactor View Post
In VA they use 250 Suzuki and all experience levels make up a class from those that have never been on a bike to those that have been riding for years. Most of the long time riders are there due to tickets for being caught without a license. Strange thing is a lot of those that are rank beginners score better than those that have been riding for years. The beginners did better due to no bad habits to break. This course is two full days with both written and skills tests being given on the second day. All the material for both tests are covered fully with lots of help for those that need it. Upon completion you are given a certificate which you take to DMV and they give you your endorsement. You can ride on the certificate for 30 days before you have to go to DMV. I had not ridden in over 25 years when I took the course and have to admit it seemed so simple (for me). It was hovering around 98 deg. both days and in full gear that was more like 100+ deg.

Sounds just like what I experienced here in California! We had some OGs (Old time Harley guys) that had been pulled over once too many times. but they were also the first ones in the course that laid their tiny bikes down. The "Box" was the trickiest, ding figure 8s in a tiny box, the "swerve and brake", the 360, all geared to see how much control you had. But the instructors were firm and fair. But if you didn't pass, you didn't get your money back...but they gave you a second chance to get it right. I enjoyed the course, although the new riders showed us all up! they seemed to breeze through everything. Funny how that works!!!