Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest, My Observations so far.

Here it is Saturday morning and I woke up a bit early and I was just reflecting on the week so far. We came in early Tuesday morning with the sun shining, after an all day ride Monday in the rain. It all started with check in at the Super 8 Motel.

Super 8 = The absolute right choice for our stay. The folks were so friendly and accommodating. The place was clean and had cookies and popcorn every night. The staff was helpful. They even had a remote control Spyder they played with in the lobby. They immersed themselves in Spyderfest and it has been appreciated.

Cowtown = Absolutely the best!! We arrived there after we dropped our gear and were settled in the motel and we were welcomed with open arms. They had constant refreshments available and smiling faces everywhere you went. Len showed Brian and me where we could wash our spyders out back and allowed us to use that area. Everyone there was just willing to help and was just friendly.

MO Gang = This event could not have happened without you. The hard work and dedication has come shining through. You all pulled off a super event. I can not say Thank You enough. Everything from Vendor Village, to the meals to the rides was just so well organized. It made it easy for the rest of us to just show up and enjoy ourselves.

BRP = This was not an official BRP event, but BRP still sent representatives down to mingle with us and enjoy. That says a lot to me. They are learning up close and personal what Spyder people enjoy. They are taking the time to talk with individual owners and ride with us as well. That is so down to earth and appreciated. I enjoy seeing BRP taking part and such an honest interest in us as an owners group.

Vendors = Our first "Vendor Village" and it sure looks like it was a success so far. Thank you to all the vendors that came out and put your wares on display. Also for all the hard work for so many on site installs as well. The vendors just help to keep making the Spyder better and better.

SpyderLovers = This is one of the best groups of people I have ever known. Everyone is so nice and helpful. We had a great opportunity this week to renew old friendships as well as make so many new ones. I saw so many people helping other people or just mingling and laughing. I also saw a group of people that were considerate of our host community. It appears that as a whole our group was well behaved and well received. What a great testimony to Spyderlovers in general. The people here are family and this was like a family reunion. Can't wait for the next one.

Cuba = What a great little town. Everyone has been so nice. The restaurants and stores and people on the street have all been welcoming and friendly. Everyone waves at all the Spyders and smiles. The food as the various restaurants has been great. We had an especially good lunch at Friscos on Thursday with great service.

As I stated, all in all, this event was a total success. It is only Sat. morning and the event is not over but alas, we will be heading out today. So many things going on at home and it is a long ride back to MI. But I wanted to post my thoughts now. Don't try to improve on this next years guys, just do it all the same way. And thank you once again for such a spectacular Spyderfest.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

Well said Deb, I could of not said it better.

I Thank-you and Brian for your help .

Knowing such great people, teamwork, and the help we have gotten from all, what more do we want

I Thank ALL who have been able to come
    Hope to see many of you return next year, and for those who have not been able to make it, hope you can make it next year!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Here it is Saturday morning and I woke up a bit early and I was just reflecting on the week so far. We came in early Tuesday morning with the sun shining, after an all day ride Monday in the rain. It all started with check in at the Super 8 Motel.

Super 8 = The absolute right choice for our stay. The folks were so friendly and accommodating. The place was clean and had cookies and popcorn every night. The staff was helpful. They even had a remote control Spyder they played with in the lobby. They immersed themselves in Spyderfest and it has been appreciated.

Cowtown = Absolutely the best!! We arrived there after we dropped our gear and were settled in the motel and we were welcomed with open arms. They had constant refreshments available and smiling faces everywhere you went. Len showed Brian and me where we could wash our spyders out back and allowed us to use that area. Everyone there was just willing to help and was just friendly.

MO Gang = This event could not have happened without you. The hard work and dedication has come shining through. You all pulled off a super event. I can not say Thank You enough. Everything from Vendor Village, to the meals to the rides was just so well organized. It made it easy for the rest of us to just show up and enjoy ourselves.

BRP = This was not an official BRP event, but BRP still sent representatives down to mingle with us and enjoy. That says a lot to me. They are learning up close and personal what Spyder people enjoy. They are taking the time to talk with individual owners and ride with us as well. That is so down to earth and appreciated. I enjoy seeing BRP taking part and such an honest interest in us as an owners group.

Vendors = Our first "Vendor Village" and it sure looks like it was a success so far. Thank you to all the vendors that came out and put your wares on display. Also for all the hard work for so many on site installs as well. The vendors just help to keep making the Spyder better and better.

SpyderLovers = This is one of the best groups of people I have ever known. Everyone is so nice and helpful. We had a great opportunity this week to renew old friendships as well as make so many new ones. I saw so many people helping other people or just mingling and laughing. I also saw a group of people that were considerate of our host community. It appears that as a whole our group was well behaved and well received. What a great testimony to Spyderlovers in general. The people here are family and this was like a family reunion. Can't wait for the next one.

Cuba = What a great little town. Everyone has been so nice. The restaurants and stores and people on the street have all been welcoming and friendly. Everyone waves at all the Spyders and smiles. The food as the various restaurants has been great. We had an especially good lunch at Friscos on Thursday with great service.

As I stated, all in all, this event was a total success. It is only Sat. morning and the event is not over but alas, we will be heading out today. So many things going on at home and it is a long ride back to MI. But I wanted to post my thoughts now. Don't try to improve on this next years guys, just do it all the same way. And thank you once again for such a spectacular Spyderfest.
    A great tribute! I'm so very glad it was everything and more that spyderlovers were anticipating! Thank you so much for sharing and God speed as you return home

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We are also in the Super 8... our room is having issues this morning but I have no doubt they will take care of us.

Spyder Garage

Change of plans, not leaving until early Sunday morning now. So I guess we get to enjoy all this great hospitality for one more day.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Change of plans, not leaving until early Sunday morning now. So I guess we get to enjoy all this great hospitality for one more day.

And I agree with everything you said. I just don't see how it could be any better

Invalid Emails
    Mississauga Ontario Canada Alamo Texas jan to may
    Spyder Garage

Could not have said it any better.My Wife and I had a great time renewing old friendships and making new ones. My helmet goes off to the folks that organized the whole event. Thanks again.

Spyder Garage

Deb - you're right on. Thanks for a job well done are due so many people. To Dan and Kevin at Cowtown, who patiently did the work needed on my Spyder and were more than reasonable in their charges, to the MO Gang for all the work they did before the first person ever arrived, to Len - how did you keep smiling every second of every day - to the vendors ... thanks to all of you!

I had commitments at home and had to leave on Friday, but I sure did enjoy Spyderfest, the people of Cuba and I appreciate the opportunity to contribute to to Backpacks for Friday. What a wonderful charity!
    Dan

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I could not agree more. What a wonderful event and a perfect venue. I must echo the nice things said about the nice folks in Cuba. Lastly it was great meeting new SpyderLovers. Finally got to meet Teddy, perhaps he should be the official mascot!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Great write up.. you really capture the spirit of the event.. It is a fantastic time more than making up for the brutal weather we endured to get here

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

WOW! As I said earlier this week, this was my first ever event. I had been looking forward to it since last fall. And, my expectations have been exceeded by a factor of ... WOW.

your words say it all! This has been a SUPER experience. Thank you to all.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great write up Deb, and I truly wish we were there with all of you as well. Hopefully things will work out better for us next year. I hope you truly enjoy your last day there, and have a safe trip back home.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the great write up , Deb ... really helps the owners that couldn't make it realize what we are missing !!! I hope everyone has a great time and a safe ryde home

Spyder Garage

I have to say with being part of the Florida Huligans we have to agree with Deb. For the Mo Gang and Cowtown and all the locals and surrounding area what a welcoming you gave us all. Once we got here the weather was great and I have to say to all of you that couldn't make it for what ever reason, you really missed out on a great spyderfest. This is our second event since we got our and we really enjoyed all the activities that was provided. Len, when are you going to put up a shop in Fl so all of us Huligans don't have to drive through rain and tornadoes to get there. Your shop is the best. Our hats off to you. John and Carol Hope to see you next year!

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

I agree Deb- MO Gang / Cowtown... don't try to or worry about improving. It was just right. My BIGGEST thrill was meeting so many of you personally. I'm actually going through a bit of withdrawl here at home! I took my Darth (Spyder) out for a short spin today with a great big smile!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Deb so nice to meet you and Brian again, and to spend a little more time riding and visiting with the 2 of you was a great pleasure. Wow this event was the best to date and I agree we just need to maintain this same event next year. I certainly hope Cuba and the backpacks for kids org. benefited from this, it is a great org. and we should IMO make this our purpose in future events here God Bless the kids.

Jim
    Last edited by jedd; 05-02-2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: To all get along

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

very sad i could not make this event

since i do not know how many fests there have been please exucse what may be dumb questions:
    is SpyderFest always in Cuba?
    is it always (approx) the same weekend?

i would love to come to next years with the wife.

either way we are going to try our best to come to Maggie Valley.....and please, everyone, so we can see everything form different perspectives.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KipDM View Post
    very sad i could not make this event

since i do not know how many fests there have been please exucse what may be dumb questions:
    is SpyderFest always in Cuba?
    is it always (approx) the same weekend?

i would love to come to next years with the wife.

either way we are going to try our best to come to Maggie Valley.....and please, everyone, so we can see everything form different perspectives.

If you wnat to see a few pics. We have been putting some out there everyday of the events. Look under Cuba spyderfest by johnnyg and some under GIJoe and lamonts anything you see spyderfest. Just remember alot of us are heading home and once they get there they will be putting them up. Some don't have computers with them so they can't up load them now, Once they get home i'm sure there will be lots and lots. CJ
    Last edited by johnnyg; 05-01-2011 at 04:28 AM.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Well said Deb! Great event,a must do for next year.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

As Deb said this event has been AWESOME from the very beginning, Tony and I enjoyed every minute of it. This is a must do every year for us.... Wishing eveyone a saff ride home today.

Spyder Garage

Other then the Mo Gang taking the lead on this one there are SO many other riders from all over the United States that helped out and I must believe we could have not done it with-out you all.. I hate to mention names cause I KNOW I will leave some out but let me give it a shot:: LaMonster, Deb, Brian, Zetho, Jedd, Doc, Yazz, Firefly--(If anyone else can think of someone please help me out)--I know I missed some but WOW with-out your help on some of the major events and just help in general the MoGang could have never pulled this off, my hat is off to all of you and I thank you for that.. What a GREAT family we have here.... Again I know I left some other critical members who "stepped up to the plate" to help and I apologizes for that.. I'm sure the members mentioned will help me out..

THANK YOU AGAIN..

X-Joe

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It was a Great Time We agree with Deb's comments also. Wish we could have made it last yr. but, are looking forward to next yr. Does anyone have the dates for the 2012 SpyderFest?

Spyder Garage

Deb, thanks for the great comments.............after a time of rest, the Mo Gang will have a review of this year's Spyderfest and set the dates for next year. Thanks to all of you for your positive feedback. Hope everyone will arrive home safely, and were sorry for those of you who cancelled due to the weather forecast. After Wednesday, it all improved 100% and a good time was had by all. LaMonster said it best at the banquet Saturday night........"It must had been Divine Intervention!!"

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post

I agree Deb- MO Gang / Cowtown... don't try to or worry about improving. It was just right. My BIGGEST thrill was meeting so many of you personally. I'm actually going through a bit of withdrawl here at home! I took my Darth (Spyder) out for a short spin today with a great big smile!
    We looked for you Phil, but apparently you had to leave a bit early. However, we did meet David (great guy) who said he lives about 40 minutes from you! Keep posting those electrical mods. May see you in 2012.

SteveMac.
    Last edited by SteveMac; 05-01-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 64Smack View Post
    We looked for you Phil, but apparently you had to leave a bit early. However, we did meet David (great guy) who said he lives about 40 minutes from you! Keep posting those electrical mods. May see you in 2012.

SteveMac.
    Hey SteveMac!!

Yup. I had to be back by Friday evening so I left Cuba about 10:30. I wish we HAD met. Dave was a great hang around friend. We're planning on getting together, likely in June. I have an idea for next year to help with meeting up with people you want to meet. I'll pass it along in a few months.

Anyway- again, I wish we had met. I do have a couple more lighting mods I'll be doing after seeing other's mods in person. Not much original stuff, but fun and practical. Stay in touch !!

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk