Spyder Garage

Default audible sound when shutting off RT

When i shut off my 2010 RT i hear a loud Audible alarm thats beeps appox 21 times and shuts off. It almost sounds like a burgular alarm going off.

Then if i turn the key on i see an orange symbol when it shows as if a compartment was open but it doesnt say that one is open-just beeps and orange symbol shows until it resets.

It has done it several times today when i shut off the Rt even if i take the key out.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default hot engine

Sounds like hot engine restart sequence...ECU is closing throttle body for restart...

Spyder Garage

Is it the parking brake alarm sounding (if you key off without having parking brake set)?? Maybe the sensor that monitors if the brake is set is out of adjustment?

Bill

Spyder Garage

Default Audible sound

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGuy442 View Post
    Is it the parking brake alarm sounding (if you key off without having parking brake set)?? Maybe the sensor that monitors if the brake is set is out of adjustment?

Bill
    Thanks with the info-it is the parking brake-every so often now it will say brake failure and the e-brake will not engage even if the red light is showing. Have an appointment to have it taken care of.