Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default DPS Replaced - How do you know?

Just had my 2010 RT in for its 600 mile service and inquired about the DPS Recall. The dealer said mine was done when it was assembled. Is there any way I can tell if it has actually been replaced? I sometimes have a hard time trusting a dealer and would feel better knowing for sure. Thanks.

Ray

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The computer aka the buds system told him when he hooked it up.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Enuftruck View Post
    Just had my 2010 RT in for its 600 mile service and inquired about the DPS Recall. The dealer said mine was done when it was assembled. Is there any way I can tell if it has actually been replaced? I sometimes have a hard time trusting a dealer and would feel better knowing for sure. Thanks.

Ray
    If your truly worried about it, you can get the part number on the DPS, I believe its a totally diff part number now.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. Going to have the Tupperware off to install fog light, new sway bar, etc in a couple of weeks. Will take a look at that time. Now all I've got to figure out is what I'm actually looking for. Is it the steering box?

Ray

Spyder Garage

Have your vin# run by a dealer. A claim can't be filled on a unit without a new serial ID from a new DPS. Thus if a DPS claim is on file for your vin# then your good to go! If its not then it hasn't been done. All old DPS units must be sent to BRP in order for the dealer to get paid. No way around that.

Jeff

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, Jeff. Good information. According to another post it seems that I have to also see if I have a nut rubbing the frame. I always thought the hobby was riding the Spyder, not working on it.

Ray