Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Cover and Tire Wear

Hello,

I have a couple of questions that I am hoping someone will answer. First off, I need an outdoor cover. Do I really need to buy a Can-Am cover, or can I just buy a basic trike cover and turn it around? I understand it may not fit perfectly, but will it work?

Secondly, I am a new spyder RS owner and have noticed that my two front tires are showing consistent wear patterns. Does it make since to take the tires off and rotate them around? Is there an adjustment I can make to the frame that prevents this from happening? Both tires appear to be tilted inward ever so slightly.

I appreciate your help in advance!

Spyder Garage

If you rotate the tires, they have to be swapped from rim to rim, they are directional tread.
    If the tires are wearing on the inside edges of the tread, it needs an alignment. When the alignment is done, there are sensors that need to be reset.

john

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

i bought a CanAM travel (and outdoor storage cover) with my initial purchase. i also had mirror extenders added to my from the start. when using the travel cover (have not used storage yet because has been used at least twice every 40 hours) and it pulls my mirrors back in -changes angles- every time i have used it. that also loosened my mirrors.

when i asked about it people recommended a Nelson-Rigg travel/ 1/2 cover (have not gotten a response about full covers).

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just bought son a Nelson Riggs Spyder cover off Ebay for his RS and about half the price of BRP cover.

Spyder Garage

I have the extention mirrors and also have the Nelson Rigg full cover. It fits fine no problem with the mirrors. I also have the 23 inch winshield. I'm sure the Nelson Riggs is much cheaper.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Everyone

This is really helpfull.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Wal-Mart

Check out the Wal-mart Motorcycle covers it cover almost the whole , but it doesn't cover the fenders. and it is only $20.00

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Cover

Thanks to everyone for your Cover suggestions.
    I just found out that the cover that I was going to include in the sale of my Honda Shadow Motorcyle will completely cover the body of my Spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyders tend to wear the inside halves of their front tires. You should have them unmounted and rotated.

At 13k on my fronts, never rotated. If I rotate now, I could probably get another 5k out of them, but the inside is close enough to the wear bars that I'm getting new fronts and will rotate them from now on.