Thread: Laminar Lips

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Laminar Lips

I am taking spyder #70 over to laminar LLC the maker of the Laminar Lip on March 10th so they can measure my standard and my touring winshield for their product.I know nothing about the product except reading about it on can am talk.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Laminar Lips

Quote Originally Posted by jebkaylor
    I am taking spyder #70 over to laminar LLC the maker of the Laminar Lip on March 10th so they can measure my standard and my touring winshield for their product.I know nothing about the product except reading about it on can am talk.
    I have seen photos of their work on other motorcycle forums, and it looks like they make a high quality product.

Just thinking. "Laminar Lips" might make a good name for a biography of Mick Jagger... ;D

Bruce

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The windshield is a delema for me. I purchased a tour model but haven't taken it out of the packaging yet. Let us know how the lip works on the touring model. I'm not far from Windsor so getting one from either the states of Canada is no problem.

thankc
    duckster

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It cuts down on the wind but I seem to have more noise around my helmet ,I,m not sure if I will leave it on.They told me I had 30 days to return it if I wasn't happy.I need to take a few more rides to decide.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for fast reply. I only had 0.5 mile ride from dealship to home on cold day. I keep a dark motocross visor on my helmet for riding into the sun but even in that short ride, I realized the wind comming off the windshield, moto visor and open helmet made for major wind and tearing. I'm trying to get around using the full helmet again, but that sounds like it's not going to be easy.

duckster

Out of work Member
    Spyder Garage

I recently purchased a Laminar Lip for my BMW it is working beautifully. I will want a new windscreen and lip form Laminar for my Spyder------when it arrivies. (May 31 or sooner). Simply said I have experienced reduced noise and wind buffeting.
    Now thats lip service.
    When you get a price let me know.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

They took a picture ofthe lip on my spyder and posted it on their website I think the price was about $84 they gave me a discount for bringing my bike with both windshiels so that they could take measurements.Very nice people

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It's been a few weeks since you obtained your Laminar Lips... so, after a few rides, are you still happy with it? Do you get wind blast and wind noise in the helmet?
    I just put on the touring windshield I got with the bike, and would have to have a full face helmet. I like the motocross visor for rideing into the sun, and it wouldn't fit on a full face. So I'm resistant to change and looking at windshields. If I did my own, I'm not sure I could get a good blocking angle or a flip to get the wind off my head.

best,
    duckster

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't notice the noise so much now but I am not sure if it makes as much difference as I expected.But with the type of riding I do I was content with the touring shield.

Spyder Garage

Duckster, You can get a product called a "Super Visor" which will mount to the shield of any full face helmet. Works just like the visor on a motorcross helmet. Great for riding into the sun. You'll find ads for them in just about any motorcycle magazine. One note on mounting, roughen the areas where you will be attaching the visor to with a little super-fine grit sandpaper. They didn't mention that in the directions. My first mounting attempt was an abysmal failure. I called them, they gave me the tip and my Super Visor has been in place now for several years. :bigthumbsup:
    sabunim5
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Duckster, You can get a product called a "Super Visor" which will mount to the shield of any full face helmet. Works just like the visor on a motorcross helmet. Great for riding into the sun. You'll find ads for them in just about any motorcycle magazine. One note on mounting, roughen the areas where you will be attaching the visor to with a little super-fine grit sandpaper. They didn't mention that in the directions. My first mounting attempt was an abysmal failure. I called them, they gave me the tip and my Super Visor has been in place now for several years.
    sabunim5

Thanks Sabunium5, found it on the web, looks good and should function. I think the "smoke" would allow sun blockage but ability to see a little anyway. A good step in the right direction.
    duckster

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director

.......Just thinking. "Laminar Lips" might make a good name for a biography of Mick Jagger... ;D
    :a18: :a20: