Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiJane View Post
    I have a plastic bin the size of a large Coleman ice chest full of gloves - mostly rejects. After having a truck kick up a piece of asphalt from the road that smacked into my knuckle a couple of years back rendering my pointer finger unusable for about 5 months, I will never wear a pair of summer gloves that are not armored...so I wear mesh Icon when real warm and non-mesh leather as it gets cooler. I add large rubber surgeon-type gloves over them if it rains. For cold weather, my Gerbings are the go-to choice - sometimes add a silk liner for extra comfort. They aren't real bulky, so I can maneuver my GPS controls, etc. Add Aerostich 3 finger lobster gloves sprayed with Scotch Guard over them in the heavy rain.
    I totally agree - ALL my gloves are armored. I won't wear a pair that are not.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have some cheesy netted gloves. Pretty comfortable and keeps my hands cool during summer and keeps them, well, ummmmm, cool in the winter too! (was in the 80's the other day).

Spyder Garage

christmass is coming soon so my wife visits (every year) a good friend of us who drives a BMW center .. so most of my fittingf fits more to our RS ..
    but all this is good quality - also the gloves (have also 10 different ones)
    (did I tell you - that he is not so a real Spyderlover ?)
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAnn View Post
    I have so many gloves in my front trunk that it looks like a store. Can't say that I'm in love with any of them though.
    I'm in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by jnt View Post
    Interesting. My Gerbings are the only waterPROOF glove I have, other than the Aerostich lobster-type rain covers.

Hot weather is Aerostich Vegan - good armor and nice ventilation. 2nd place summer is the Joe Rocket, original version.
    Mid range is the 3-season Vegan, and a pair of Moosehide gloves that are no longer made :-(
    Cool to cold is an old pair of Tourmasters and the Gerbings.
    My Gerbings suck up water like a sponge. I did buy some nice mitt type cover for them that I haven't tried yet.

I just picked these up at Lowes the other day. They are "waterproof" and for 10 bucks it was worth a try. My problem is I have big hands and even the extra large are a little small.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have three pairs of gloves and all different.
    First pair is Teknic and are really a spring or autumn glove and maybe for a cooler summer. No good in the rain.
    Second pair are a Spyder pair, yes, they even have a spyder enblem on the top of them. It seems that they were made specific for the bike. I got them in Switzerland when I was there a few winters ago and seemingly they are the best Ski gloves you can get. Anyway, they are okay in cooler conditions and reasonable in the rain because they are part leather.
    Finally, the new ones. The BMW Motorrad Pro Winter 2,,, super gloves that cost €100. Verdict so far in the freezing conditions. Okay. They look really good and feel great but after 15 or 20 mins they get cold. I think the Spyder gloves will be better in the rain also, but that has yet to be confirmed.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dochands View Post
    Have the smallest hands. Wear what will fits.

Spyder Garage

Anyone have any experience with the Ladies Olympia 4297 Gore-Tex Cold Weather gloves? I just ordered a pair for myself & my daughter. Hoping that they'll work out fine. My honey's installing heated grips on the Spyder too for me. Woohoo, can't wait.

My summer riding gloves are a pair I got when I got my Buell. They are lightweigh and armored. Not waterproof though.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Which Gerbings do you have? Did you treat them with anything?

We got the G3's for their comfort.
    'Which' is not known. Gerbing winter gloves with heat, of course. No model shown. They were the only style on the rack. 4 years old, I guess. VERY comfy.
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black