Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    We have been given the privilege here at SpyderLovers.com to have a sneak peak of the 2011 Spyder Lineup.

This is the Alloy Orange Metallic/ Matte Black, one of the new Bad Boys in town.

The RT lineup added a few new colors and some tweaks to the existing package. There is now a Pure Magnesium Metallic, Viper Red and a Limited Edition Pearl White.
    2011 RT Spec. Sheet

Well now I have a hard choice to make. The awesome orange RS, or the cool RT. Maybe I will wait until 2012 and get the orange RT. Thanks for the update.
    Last edited by Blue Star; 09-01-2010 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Added to post

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    ...Pricing for the 2011 remains the same as 2010 for the base RS and the RS-S will cost you $1200 additional in the US and $200 additional in Canada.
    1C$ = 6US$
    Same thing as 1 vote = 6 ballots in Florida.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Same thing as 1 vote = 6 ballots in Florida.
    ...Cuba, MO 2011...1/4 mile...2 sec handicap...

Spyder Garage

Default Alloy Orange Metallic/ Matte Black

Now they're talkin'...................Lil Pumpkin likes this new Bad Boy!

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly !

RT-S PE#0134
    Spyder Garage

Wow...Lamont, you really nailed it with your "pop" comment! Very nice.

Glynnk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I see BRP likes my color to ((((( darn copycats )))))

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    ...Cuba, MO 2011...1/4 mile...2 sec handicap...
    with Spyder or Busa

Spyder Garage

I guess this means I now have the limited edition millenium yellow Spyder.

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Lamont,
    The priviledge of being a member here! I still like the appearance of the RS over the RT, but I love the ride on the RT......Decisions decisions, desisions. Love the new colours (especially the Orange/Matt Black)

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    thanks lamont .. nothing really new on the RTs - the smaller shield/flaps still use some drivers here - what means new front calibration ??
    still no other seats available ?
    the new colours look spectacular (white) - but would prefer on the RT two colours - than it lookes not so fat - hopefully they made un update for the trunkopener ..
    so if i get a new one (insurance after crash) - must not wait ..

I like the two-tone color myself. Get it painted

Spyder Garage

Default RT's

Let me see if I get this right, they didn't eliminate any colors on the RT, but added three new ones.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bobbobtar View Post
    Let me see if I get this right, they didn't eliminate any colors on the RT, but added three new ones.
    welcome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bobbobtar View Post
    No silver RT for 2011
    welcome

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

What happened to the Spyder RT LE (Lamonster Edition)?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    What happened to the Spyder RT LE (Lamonster Edition)?
    Maybe 2014

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

need all those blacked out bars, pegs, rear wheel etc for my 09 Phantom... bet those parts would be a pricey swap tho, hate painting parts, and powdercoating parts like pegs will probably chip away easily... nice to have factory colored parts....

man, keep getting visuals of my phantom all blacked out with those OEM parts

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Man does BRP need to work with a better group of photographers. These photos are horrible and make the red look like a Matchbox plastic red color and the white is white. Not Pearl. When we saw the Pearl online with the RS-S my wife and I thought it was looking like the normal white bleh.. Then in person it knocked our socks off.

That makes me doubt HIGHLY of the actual Pure Magnesium Metalic and the Red is even properly displayed at this point.... BTW I do realize these are most likely computer generated colors and all... But just look at the photos of the Blue RT-S in the BRP site... Nothing like the real deal...

We are trying to put our order in for the 2011 and waited for this official release before doing so. But now I want to see the actual paint chips...

Man am I frustrated...

Other than that... OMG I love what BRP has done. Thanks Lamonster!!!
    Last edited by IWN2RYD; 09-01-2010 at 09:22 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking WOW

These new Spyders are SHARP!!

Now if they can get as quality of engineers working on the dependability issues as they have on the design team we would all be in hog heaven.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by katnapper View Post
    I like how you think and we are also just recently a TWO Spyder family!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IWN2RYD View Post
    Man does BRP need to work with a better group of photographers. These photos are horrible and make the red look like a Matchbox plastic red color and the white is white. Not Pearl. When we saw the Pearl online with the RS-S my wife and I thought it was looking like the normal white bleh.. Then in person it knocked our socks off.

That makes me doubt HIGHLY of the actual Pure Magnesium Metalic and the Red is even properly displayed at this point.... BTW I do realize these are most likely computer generated colors and all... But just look at the photos of the Blue RT-S in the BRP site... Nothing like the real deal...

We are trying to put our order in for the 2011 and waited for this official release before doing so. But now I want to see the actual paint chips...

Man am I frustrated...

Other than that... OMG I love what BRP has done. Thanks Lamonster!!!
    To me the pearl looks more a beige, I don't care for it. A pure white one is sharp though. There's one painted here an Arctic white with silver decals and it's a beauty.

Spyder Garage

They blacked the handlebars, pegs and brackets and rims including the rear wheel.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

They blacked the handlebars, pegs and brackets and rims including the rear wheel.
    BRP copied my blacked out theme, and Evans shorter windshield too. More proof they read the posts on here...LOL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shibby1485 View Post
    need all those blacked out bars, pegs, rear wheel etc for my 09 Phantom... bet those parts would be a pricey swap tho, hate painting parts, and powdercoating parts like pegs will probably chip away easily... nice to have factory colored parts....

man, keep getting visuals of my phantom all blacked out with those OEM parts
    Dont worry about powdercoated parts. They last a long time. I did my Phantom in all black right after I bought it.

RT-S PE#0391
    Spyder Garage

Default 2011 RT Lineup

I like the red one and the pearl white "Limited." It looks like the RT Limited is the same thing I have now (RT-S Premier Edition), except they add the integrated GPS as standard (something tells me the price will reflect), where for '10 it was a $1,199.00 option. "Newly calibrated shocks." Hmm ... probably means a heavier spring. I wonder if this will start a rash of current RT owners ordering '11 RT shocks for their '10s, vs. getting the Elkas, Penskes or whatever (Love my Elkas). So always a neat machine ... The single item that really intrigues me is that newly-sculpted windscreen, whether it might reduce some drag and help mpg, and of course if it can be fitted to a '10.

... and Thanks Lamont for grabbing ahold of this preview. While dedicated (mostly by wallet size) to only owning an RT-S, the RS's look very very cool for '11.
    Last edited by SilverSurfer; 09-02-2010 at 08:02 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    I like the red one and the pearl white "Limited." It looks like the RT Limited is the same thing I have now (RT-S Premier Edition), except they add the integrated GPS as standard (something tells me the price will reflect), where for '10 it was a $1,199.00 option. "Newly calibrated shocks." Hmm ... probably means a heavier spring. I wonder if this will start a rash of current RT owners ordering '11 RT shocks for their '10s, vs. getting the Elkas, Penskes or whatever (Love my Elkas). So always a neat machine ... The single item that really intrigues me is that newly-sculpted windscreen, whether it might reduce some drag and help mpg, and of course if it can be fitted to a '10.
    My guess is they changed the springs and valving on the shocks. It will swap out with the 2010 and I'm sure they will be cheaper than any of the aftermarket shocks. I still love my Elka's but I do have a set of the new BRP shocks heading my way to test.

As far as mileage on the shield I'm not sure if you see any increase or not. I'm running the ESI Street Magic shield now that is 3" shorter but it is 5" wider and I'm not seeing any increase in fuel economy but I do like looking over the shield much better. When the RT5 guys were briefed last year we were told that they were going to offer 3 different shield heights but for whatever reason they held off on bringing them out this year.

One thing they did mention is they were seeing a slight increase in fuel economy by changing the lower air deflectors. If that's the case I'm sure the Baker Airwings would have the same effect.