Thread: INTERCOMS

Spyder Garage

Default INTERCOMS

I have been looking at helmet intercoms but I have know idea witch one witch one works best.Does anyone have any suggestions.Thanks

Spyder Garage

My wife and I like the Cardo Q2. Were very happy. When she calls me the first thing she ask, is were are you. When I tell her I'm on the hwy she is all ways amazed how clear and quite the the Q2 is. When your next to each other it like your sitting still having a conversation at your dining room table. Just my 2 cents. Here is their web site, http://www.cardosystems.com/us/scala...er-q2-multiset
    Good luck.

Spyder Garage

The Scala G4 is the new and improved version of the Q2. I sell Chatterbox and J&M also but, we use the new Scala G4. It seems to be the best price point and is the easiest to use IMO.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Part of it depends on what you want to hook up, or if you just need intercom. Whether you want wired or wireless is also a consideration. We like wired, and use the Starcom1 for our rides.

RT-S PE#783
    Spyder Garage

Angry BlueAnt Interphone F4

When we asked the same question here, the BlueAnt Interphone F4 was highly recommended. So we purchased two of them. We've been using them for a couple of months but have been having some technical issues (ie. loss of pairing, bad connections, intermittent low volumes, etc.)

After jumping through all the hoops with their tech support, they just issued a return slip for repair or replacement.

To add a bit of pressure to their service, I told them I'd be keeping the Spyderlovers informed as to how they stand behind their product "Warranty".

Cat
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Part of it depends on what you want to hook up, or if you just need intercom. Whether you want wired or wireless is also a consideration. We like wired, and use the Starcom1 for our rides.
    +1
    Dan

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you want to really get confused, spend some time going over the information offered here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/
    I have the G4 and the reason is; a lot of riders seem to have Cardo Scala systems and the G4 is backward compatible with them. So not only do I have a way to talk to my pillion(wife) but I can also communicate with other riders using Cardo systems products.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

G4 system for me. I have the Q2 on some other helmets but the newer G4 was a great upgrade.

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1VENOM View Post
    My wife and I like the Cardo Q2. Were very happy. When she calls me the first thing she ask, is were are you. When I tell her I'm on the hwy she is all ways amazed how clear and quite the the Q2 is. When your next to each other it like your sitting still having a conversation at your dining room table. Just my 2 cents. Here is their web site, http://www.cardosystems.com/us/scala...er-q2-multiset
    Good luck.
    The wife and I use this one also and works great with no problems!
    2020 RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Q2 for me. The G4 was too $$$. I can answer my phone, listen to my ipod, gps & talk to my rider as if they were sitting next to me at the dinner table.

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    If you want to really get confused, spend some time going over the information offered here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/
    I have the G4 and the reason is; a lot of riders seem to have Cardo Scala systems and the G4 is backward compatible with them. So not only do I have a way to talk to my pillion(wife) but I can also communicate with other riders using Cardo systems products.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    G4 system for me. I have the Q2 on some other helmets but the newer G4 was a great upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherbob View Post
    The Scala G4 is the new and improved version of the Q2. I sell Chatterbox and J&M also but, we use the new Scala G4. It seems to be the best price point and is the easiest to use IMO.

Scala Ryder G4's is what we have. Had them for a few months now, works great

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone.I think I will check into the Q2 or G4.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As posted earlier, I have the G4. However, if I were to do it again, I would look very hard at the Sena SH10. In the analysis Web Bike World did, this came out on top. Yes, the G4 was included in that review.

Spyder Garage

I have the dual Sena SH10 that I bought based on the reviews at WebBikeWorld. My wife and I love it and have now used it on two extended trips. I particularly like the speakers as they sound better than any other unit that I have listened to or owned.
    I did have a problem with one speaker, contacted the manufacturer and had a replacement unit in a few days. Excellent service.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    As posted earlier, I have the G4. However, if I were to do it again, I would look very hard at the Sena SH10. In the analysis Web Bike World did, this came out on top. Yes, the G4 was included in that review.
    I am looking at the G4 over the Sena. I ride a KLR650 dualsport and my wife is the Spyder Ryder.

The Sena recommends NOT using it in cold (condensation issues) or dusty areas. That just won't do for my offroad treks.

The G4 touts use in rain, snow and dusty areas so that seals the deal for me.

It's must be easier to seal push button switches than rotary knobs.

Premeir Edition #59

SoCal

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I are coming off Goldwings, so we are a little spoiled in the intercom department...

She is picking up a 09 RS this weekend and I traded my Wing on a F800GS.
    We used to do bike to bike with Rino FMRS radios, which work terrific, but I was striking out trying to interface with the Beamer.

I also tried the BlueAnt F4 and was less than satisfied. The sound was not as good as the J&M headsets on the Wings, and the small speaker enclosures have fairly sharp edges and tore up the tops of my ears! Ouch!

So my point is: we're going to try the J&M Integratr system. It has everything we need (I think): bike to bike, Zumo input, phone input, mp3 input, XM input.

Full review to follow when I get everything installed.

Lance

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I originally had the Q2 but on a cross country trip in May I had all sorts of trouble communicating with the others in the group. I since purchased the G4 which works much better

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We use the Scala Q2 and are very happy with it. No problems whatsoever. All we wanted was an intercom so we weren't concerned about bike to bike comms or interfacing with phones or GPS. I'm sure that with a wired system I would jerk my head off sooner or later when I forgot to unplug it. That won't happen with the wireless. If, someday, I should do a 180 degree turn around and decide that I want to listen to Bob Wills while I'm riding, I'll buy an MP3 player, drop it into the pocket of my Firstgear jacket, and plug it into the Q2.

The big advantage to a wired system is that you don't have to worry about charging the batteries. The Scala Q2 charges in a little over an hour and gives you 6 to 8 hours of use. But you have to carry a charger with you and remember to use it.

Cotton

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default BlueAnt Interphone F4

Sorry to hear about the folks with F4 issues. I have been using mine for about 6 months now and have had no trouble with it other than a few times the sound has cut in and out but then works again so I assume it was just interference in the spot I was riding.

I know at least 4 or 5 others that have the F4 with no problems as well.

I think as others have stated though, it all depends on what you hook up and such. I think certain devices play nice with certain devices. So while I have an iPhone paired to my BlueAnt and have no issues, someone who pairs a phone X may not have the same experience.

Only sure fire thing is probably wired.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Scala

When pricing Scala Q2 & Q4 go to www.sherides.com Their pricing is quite competitive.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rogerb View Post
    When pricing Scala Q2 & Q4 go to www.sherides.com Their pricing is quite competitive.

The link doesn't work, but this one does. http://www.she-rides.com/mm5/merchan...T&Store_Code=S. Great site and you are right rogerb their prices are very competitive.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I bought my Scala G4 Powerset from Sherides.com they had the best price online but I had to wait a bit because they were back ordered when we purchased them....they kept me well informed of the status of my order and the expected ship date. I looked around online and EVERY site I check also had them listed as back ordered at the time....just a supply issue, I think they sold more than they had planned on immediately.

My wife and I have had them in use since April and we absolutely love them. We both HIGHLY recommend the G4

-George
    2014 RT Limited , Black Current (blacked out trim)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rogerb View Post
    Try www.jcmotors.com they are about 15% less than she rides. It shows a single set up for the G4 but you can select the dual set in the drop down box.
    Premeir Edition #59

SoCal

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by irish2themax View Post
    I originally had the Q2 but on a cross country trip in May I had all sorts of trouble communicating with the others in the group. I since purchased the G4 which works much better
    I should clarify...I was using the Cardo system for bike-to-bike comms and not intercom. Q2 is probably fine for intercom but, if you want the added option nof bike-to-bike, I'd go with the bG4