Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Default So who wants to take a guess for 2011?

What do you think they'll come out with?

I have no clue. Ya think it's just gonna be new colors or maybe new ????

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hummm...

If I were coming out with a new Spyder...I think I would make one with fewer computers (less to go wrong on it) and a bigger engine. I thought I read somewhere at one point they were considering a cheaper version with a smaller engine, but I don't remember where I heard or read that.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post

colors ya, maybe a stereo option too.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

A new problem?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Another gear please.

I'd take another gear. Tunes? Yes please. (:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I've been wondering about this too...

Someone had posted that a friend of theirs test drives for BRP (specifically Spyder) and that we are going to love what is coming for 2011. I have not found that post again yet but I read it in the last two weeks. I asked a local dealer (sales guy on the floor) about the what's coming and he says that he will not find out about it until a dealer show in September. I don't know if that time line is true or not. It would be great to know what is in store for the next model year for my pending first-time purchasing decisions!

Tim

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

I heard a smaller displacement Spyder too (which I would not get) but I'd love to see some audio and/or fairing for the GS's

Spyder Garage

I would like to see cruiser model. Based on the GS but with the RT type fairing and radio. No rear baggage. Just move the bars back, pegs forward, and ADD A HANDBRAKE.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They will most likely never add a handbrake, so you might as well forget about that.

A communications or stereo system would be nice for the RS.
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Man... I would have a little bit of a hard time thinking they would change much beyond colors and options the second year out. Maybe even a little body work. I would love to be wrong!

Personally.... I would love to see a key type "Performance" options like the new BRP Commander has. A taller fifth gear, more bottom end (AKA Tork), Handbrake, adjustable handle bar (Height) and it be about six inches longer in the seating area. 2" for the driver 4" for the passenger... Allowing for more comfort for the passenger and fuel capacity to boot!!!

Now someone in Illinois, Wisconsin or North Carolina peak into the window at the US manufacturing plants (According to this link) and spill the beans for us!!!

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like your thinkin

Quote Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
    I would like to see cruiser model. Based on the GS but with the RT type fairing and radio. No rear baggage. Just move the bars back, pegs forward, and ADD A HANDBRAKE.

Spyder Garage

many handicapped ( I lost right leg above the knee due to MRSA) have got a Spyder when a 2 wheeler is no longer an option. Hardley and Hondu Trikes cost 10-15k more than a Spyder...used ones usually have been in a wreck.

I put in a mechanical link (a clutch handle and cable) to the foot brake to have a hand brake. Added a radio/MP3 player

The next generation of Spyders need a friggin' hand brake!...6th gear and a MP3 jack/amplifier. handle bars pulled back so I don't need a chiropractor! MOVE the damn gas filler out in plain access/view, not hidden under the seat!!
    Last edited by obiwanbill; 06-29-2010 at 10:17 PM.
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

I don't care much about a hand brake but a fairing w/ tunes would be nice and give us some forward type controls. No bags, I don't need no bags. 2 or 4 speakers in the fairing would be nice. Good size amp in the trunk. Maybe dual can exhaust that slants up really cool - black it all out - take all the silver out of it - keep everything blacked out but the body panels you choose in the factory colors or get a nice custom paint job.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
    They will most likely never add a handbrake, so you might as well forget about that.

A communications or stereo system would be nice for the RS.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Took me a while but I kind of got used to no hand brake. I didn't read your post until after I just posted the last post but I do see your point about a handbrake. Not sure how that all ties in w/ the brake they got on there now but it should be some type of option for people who want it. I know that some miss having a handbrake.

Quote Originally Posted by obiwanbill View Post
    many handicapped ( I lost right leg above the knee due to MRSA) have got a Spyder when a 2 wheeler is no longer an option. Hardley and Hondu Trikes cost 10-15k more than a Spyder...used ones usually have been in a wreck.

I put in a mechanical link (a clutch handle and cable) to the foot brake to have a hand brake. Added a radio/MP3 player

The next generation of Spyders need a friggin' hand brake!...6th gear and a MP3 jack/amplifier. handle bars pulled back so I don't need a chiropractor!

Spyder Garage

BRP is well known for making new model updates every 2 years. Original Spyders 2008. RT 2010. So I doubt 2011 will have anything more than cosmetic changes. 2012 will be the year to watch IMO.

I could see them adding a handbrake, especially since the Spyder has become so popular with those that are impaired. I don't know of any other real option for them with a thumb shift and 3 wheels.

Less computers??? Not gonna happen- and for good reason. You really don't want to ryde one of these without the various safety system enabled.

Since they already have a touring model, and the RS/GS is basically a cruiser/sport --- the next step I would think would be a true sport version.

As far as tunes go, I've never been a big fan of blaring my tunes for the whole world to hear. I find it offensive in cars or on bikes and many areas have '50 foot' laws pertaining to music from vehicles. You have to play the bike music extra loud considering you're wearing a helmet and earplugs--- just makes more sense to me to go with speakers in the helmet or earbuds/earfuse type setup.

Doesn't much matter to me what they come out with--- I'm keeping my current Spyder until the wheels fall off!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Everything I would want them to do to the RS-SE5 is already available in the aftermarket. Just make the basic Spyder more reliable, I'll put together my own cruiser.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Neez View Post
    Everything I would want them to do to the RS-SE5 is already available in the aftermarket. Just make the basic Spyder more reliable, I'll put together my own cruiser.
    You know... That is a much better idea! Like all my rifles... Sell me a solid product and let me accessorize it to my needs

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Neez View Post
    Amen! My sentiments, exactly.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

2011 its going to be a side-by- side four wheeler i saw a picture....nice

Spyder Garage

I would like to see more color options, a bigger engine, adjustable floor boards for driver, and a stock seat (heated) that you can ride all day on.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-16-2010 at 03:42 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    BRP is well known for making new model updates every 2 years. Original Spyders 2008. RT 2010. So I doubt 2011 will have anything more than cosmetic changes. 2012 will be the year to watch IMO.

I could see them adding a handbrake, especially since the Spyder has become so popular with those that are impaired. I don't know of any other real option for them with a thumb shift and 3 wheels.

Less computers??? Not gonna happen- and for good reason. You really don't want to ryde one of these without the various safety system enabled.

Since they already have a touring model, and the RS/GS is basically a cruiser/sport --- the next step I would think would be a true sport version.

As far as tunes go, I've never been a big fan of blaring my tunes for the whole world to hear. I find it offensive in cars or on bikes and many areas have '50 foot' laws pertaining to music from vehicles. You have to play the bike music extra loud considering you're wearing a helmet and earplugs--- just makes more sense to me to go with speakers in the helmet or earbuds/earfuse type setup.

Doesn't much matter to me what they come out with--- I'm keeping my current Spyder until the wheels fall off!
    Usually ever 2 years. Improve on the current model in between.
    Loud pipes and blaring speakers just get you a hearing aid (What you Say?) FAST.
    Give me my Scull Candy Ink,s and my MP3 with 100 classic vinyl tunes (On Meduim Loud Only) and I,m in heaven!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just my .02 worth, but a better handlebar position and windshield shouldn't have to be an aftermarket option. BRP should offer these basic mods.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder improvements...

Air conditioning! Just kidding...........but it can get to 110 out here.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Rev View Post
    Just my .02 worth, but a better handlebar position and windshield shouldn't have to be an aftermarket option. BRP should offer these basic mods.
    They do. They have 4 different windshields and riser.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default NEW FOR 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post

I hope they come out with more dealers instead of less, and more qualified technicians to work on Spyders.
    Also, maybe a that doesn't need a recall

I know... I ask for too much....