Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Count me in: SethO, Firefly and me against any other 3 (Canadians wanted) Spyders: 3 of 3.
    thanks but i only want firefly

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSpyder View Post
    I still had problems running modes 5 and 6 at 2 and 1. Changed to 3 and 1 and almost no WOT issues now. Mine runs better with O2 modifier as well. Still has irratic idle but runs sweet everywhere else.

O2 modifier, Pressure at 54Lbs, .5 2 3 3 3 1
    How do I do these mods? Thanks ED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RShrimp View Post
    Yes, the Evol Air filter setup . No airbox
    Juice Box Yes
    HMF Pipe (See though design)
    Figured I would do them both and then I can play
    More Knobs to turn ..... make me happy!
    I have tried a bunch of JB settings and I still have a flat spot around 4500RPM

Question: With the O2 mod you no longer need the o2 sensor correct?
    I was thinking I might invest in a air/fuel mixture guage and could just hook it up to the stock sensor (or at least use the hole in the pipe)
    lcd from dynojet let you monitor and record afr and more while you ryde but you do need power commander to use it. i think they make a analog gauge type afr monitor but you do need to weld a bung to exhaust.
    i am at 13.2 afr outside of closed loop of ecu but thinking about going 13 above 60% throttle to see if i can get little bit more out of spyder. within the closed loop, i am at 13.7 afr.

autotune constantly monitors the condition and makes adjustment as i ryde.

i looked it up and new afr monitor let you choose between different gauges and lcd.
    http://www.dynojetwb2.com/wb2_details.aspx
    Last edited by aka1004; 05-06-2010 at 08:45 AM.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sweet! Thats on my list for sure! I think I would just go with the gauge option instead of the LCD, but very cool setup!
    Very cool setup , especially for the spyder, because it wont fit on any of the dyno's around here (dyno must be floor mounted)
    With this you can "dyno it on the road" and make fuel pressure and JB adjustments and be able to acually see what it is doing and which way it needs to go in a specific situation.

Exxellent find!

I'm tapped for this month but on my list for sure!
    Last edited by RShrimp; 05-06-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

LOL @ Firefly! What a bonehead move calling out "anyone" to race. You best think before you type from behind the safety of your computer screen. Did you answer RoadHammer yet? And just for S&G's, what is your idea of "put their $$$ where their mouth is" Pink slips, 1k, 5k, 10k? Just wondering cause your answer "could" entice me to come to Chitown along with a few others.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    LOL @ Firefly! What a bonehead move calling out "anyone" to race. You best think before you type from behind the safety of your computer screen. Did you answer RoadHammer yet? And just for S&G's, what is your idea of "put their $$$ where their mouth is" Pink slips, 1k, 5k, 10k? Just wondering cause your answer "could" entice me to come to Chitown along with a few others.
    Um--- first off I don't deal with Roadhammer and his pals much anymore--- not worth my time, but I'll gladly race him in Chicago. Not sure of his current setup, but unless he's running similar setups to us-- he's gonna be seeing nothing but tail lights----

Second-- if you read the entire thread you would know what '$$$' I was referring to:

"'ll bet a new Power Commander that a Spyder with just the JB compared to a Spyder with the JB/O2 and race intake mods can't be beat 2 outta 3."

None of us could really touch Doc in Cuba-- even those of us with the JB, although I think SethO beat him once and was closer than anyone.

Third--- yer missing the entire point of the thread...

This was in response to those telling us that running the JB/O2 mod combo won't make much difference-- when many of us have proven it makes a whopping difference.

Typically 'gentleman's' wagers on such races are along the lines of $1.00 to $5.00 and are private matters due to varied gambling laws.

I've been checking into tracks in the area and found some that have T&T open for bikes that weekend. Will post more later on it--- but by all means-- c'mon up and run against us... it's all in good fun.

I did pretty bad in Cuba .. got beat 2 outta 3 by Deb....

That was with modes 5 and 6 set the same, thus engine cutout problems-- and no O2 mod installed. Since changing modes 5 and 6 and putting the O2 mod back in--- it's running like it was last year--- day and night difference........ amazing throttle response throughout the entire rpm range.

Do you have a Juice Box? O2 mod? Power Commander?

If you do, then please share some of your performance tips. If you don't, then ya probably don't wanna show up to the races......

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    ...calling out "anyone" to race.
    "Performance Tuning Testing"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    "Performance Tuning Testing"
    i will performance tuning test se5's only.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sweet! Thats on my list for sure! I think I would just go with the gauge option instead of the LCD, but very cool setup!
    Very cool setup , especially for the spyder, because it wont fit on any of the dyno's around here (dyno must be floor mounted)
    With this you can "dyno it on the road" and make fuel pressure and JB adjustments and be able to acually see what it is doing and which way it needs to go in a specific situation.

Exxellent find!

I'm tapped for this month but on my list for sure!
    you know wideband 2 afr monitor is almost 300 bucks with dial gauge.
    i was thinking you may be better off getting a power commander and autotune especially since you don't have a dyno near by and sell the JB?
    it's just a suggestion.
    autotune works. you set your target afr via computer(easy) and it constantly make adjustment.
    it's like a ronco rotisserie oven. YOU SET IT FORGET IT. you don't have to worry about changing condition.
    few days ago my spyder started to use a lot of gas but was loosing performance and huffing and puffing. so i did the canisterectomy and that did fix the huffing and puffing but did not fix the loss of performance and bad mpg so i took it back to dynojet to may be turn down the o2 sensor and check other stuff. it turns out autontune was disconnected from power commander. it must have loosened out while i was doing the fog lights. anyway, they put it back on, i came home and put the canister back on (there was a lot of condensated gas dripping out of the hose) did a little ecu reset and it's running great again and mpg is up too.
    Last edited by aka1004; 05-06-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The Power COmmander and Autotune looks very interesteing.
    Dynojets site says "in Development" for the power commander for the spyder. So I guess I will have to wait a while fo it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Power COmmander and Autotune looks very interesteing.
    Dynojets site says "in Development" for the power commander for the spyder. So I guess I will have to wait a while fo it.
    they are having problem with o2 sensor triggering check engine light on here and there and i am guessing that's why JB pro is not released yet also. they are flying in a engineer from home office to work on my spyder next week.

Spyder Garage

Good info on the PC setup--- I'll wait until they get the bugs worked out. I wonder if this is also what is holding up the Aerocharger release????

The auto-tune sounds like the way to go...

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Man, that Autotune does sound like the way to go, but I don't have a clue where I would be able to squeeze out the extra money for that along with the PC. I have also been thinking about cancelling my JB Pro order, as there is no telling when they are going to have the kinks worked out for these systems.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i am sure it will get old soon but it's kool to see autontune working on my lcd. when the climate changes, like temp goes up after coming down the mountain, spyder will start running rich, than autotune kicks in and leans it out to target afr in a minute or two and when it takes a high percentage of throttle to maintain a cruising speed, it goes to work and brings it down to lower percentage. 8-20 % is normal depending on speed and grade but after big climate change it will go as high as 45%.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Has the engineer gotten there to take a look at your Spyder yet?

Just curious as to what the progress is on getting the current issue sorted out with the O2 sensor.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Has the engineer gotten there to take a look at your Spyder yet?

Just curious as to what the progress is on getting the current issue sorted out with the O2 sensor.
    my spyder's transmission linkage came off AGAIN and this time i could not just put it back on and mechanically get it out of gear so it was in the shop but dynojet had a sm5 in shop so they are working with that. he is going to let me know when engineers find something and yes they are here.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    my spyder's transmission linkage came off AGAIN and this time i could not just put it back on and mechanically get it out of gear so it was in the shop but dynojet had a sm5 in shop so they are working with that. he is going to let me know when engineers find something and yes they are here.
    Sorry to hear about your tranny issue, but am glad to hear the engineers have landed. Hopefully they have the situation well in hand. Best of luck with your repairs as well.

Registered Users
    God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Next time your passing through north FL... bring your title and cruise by this area. I'll see if I can have the black widow ready. because she likes to turn up the boost and smoke the tires. Me... well I just sit back and have a cool .
    / Ken krb1945