Spyder Garage

Default Progressive insurance in Mass. for RT-S ? Your Opinions/Reviews Please!

I have Commerce now. When I had the '08 RS the rate was like $907. They dropped it only after I faxed them the RMV valuation to $550ish.

Now that I have the RT-S, Commerce quoted me $1117 per year. (100/300 across the board 1000ded.)

An online Progressive quote for the same was like $768. If i dropped the ded to 300 then the rate goes to $1028.

PLease help me with your opinions. Yes Progressive offers better rates. But hear they are lousy with claims and customer service. Please offer your opinions and experiences.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post
    I have Commerce now. When I had the '08 RS the rate was like $907. They dropped it only after I faxed them the RMV valuation to $550ish.

Now that I have the RT-S, Commerce quoted me $1117 per year. (100/300 across the board 1000ded.)

An online Progressive quote for the same was like $768. If i dropped the ded to 300 then the rate goes to $1028.

PLease help me with your opinions. Yes Progressive offers better rates. But hear they are lousy with claims and customer service. Please offer your opinions and experiences.
    TRY Foremost, $828.00

Spyder Garage

Can't speak for Mass, I live in CT. I had Geico for all my vehicle insurance. I bought the RTS, and they wanted over $800 to completely insure it.
    I called Progressive, got the same insurance for about $500.
    Needless to say, I also moved my car, my wifes car, the minivan and the umbrella policy to Progressive.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

But has ANYONE filed a claim with Progressive? and was the claim resolved to your liking? THAT'S the key!!

(its like making a computer backup to tape or disk and never testing a restore from it. If it dont work, then it failed!)
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

I have Progressive in NY. Minimum liability (road legal) for the first bike is $75 and $35 for the second. Added collision with $500ded for my '08 SM5 and it comes out less than $400 for the year and I suspened the collision 5 months out of the year over winter time and gets a decent amount of refund. I think (100/300) is not necessary as the person most likely to get hurt is the bike rider (unless you carry passangers all the time). Medical should be covered thru your work insurance so dup coverage isn't necessary. All-n-all I pay around $325 to ride my Ninja 500 and my SM5 per year with laying up the SM5 Nov thru Mar.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

I have foremost in CT for $485 per year. An excellent FICO score and driving record. I,m 61. They have excellent bike towing similar to AAA.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I have foremost in CT for $485 per year. An excellent FICO score and driving record. I,m 61. They have excellent bike towing similar to AAA.

Formost is not allowed in Mass. Neither is Gieco, AllState and probably a few others. It's a friggin' racket here in Mass. I have an excellent driving record, and my Spyder insurance for a 25k bike is $200 MORE than my new Ford F150 Lariat which was $30k after trade in. Geeesh!
    Other secret mods.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

But has ANYONE filed a claim with Progressive? and was the claim resolved to your liking? THAT'S the key!!

(its like making a computer backup to tape or disk and never testing a restore from it. If it dont work, then it failed!)

i totaled my last bike, progressive was my insurance and they were great, but raised my payment 50 dollars a month.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by elpaso View Post
    i totaled my last bike, progressive was my insurance and they were great, but raised my payment 50 dollars a month.

I'm glad your ok! So, please explain: Do you mean they increased your premium an additional $50 per month? for how many months? What was the premium before and after the crash?
    Other secret mods.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad your ok! So, please explain: Do you mean they increased your premium an additional $50 per month? for how many months? What was the premium before and after the crash?
    I had full coverage on two 2008 honda rebels, 6 month policy, cost $65 a month. Replaced 250, with 750 aero, now payments are 100 a month, foremost cheaper than progressive and alstate.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just noticed your outside Boston, I have a son that lives in cambridge and works in Boston at Suffolk University.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by elpaso View Post
    Just noticed your outside Boston, I have a son that lives in cambridge and works in Boston at Suffolk University.

Yes.

Welcome to Taxachusetts.
    Other secret mods.