Spyder Garage

Default Carlo from BRP called today.

I just got off the phone with Carlo from BRP.

We had an over an hour talk, and although some of the solutions BRP offered like "watch where you park so you can get a running start" were not REASONABLE sounding to me on a $30,000 machine. Also, that this is not reasonable performance from a $30,000 machine that is advertised as having "power steering." Nor a reasonable lay persons understanding of what advertised "power steering" should be.

However we did come to some sort of an agreement.

The reason I have made such a point of the word reasonable here is that is one of the big test here in NYS for Lemon Law, Reasonable performance and service.

So far BRP is aware of my problem and it is not only my problem "as all the units they have tested at their lab and tested by my dealer act the same as mine" (Carlo's own words here)

That right now BRP does not have an answer on what to do, or what to fix, or if it can even be fixed (that last one had us going around and round)

But, that BRP was aware of the problem and have seen it first hand themselves and have begun looking for a solution.

Unfortunately, he could not tell me when that solution would be forth coming, or that it would 100% be coming at all (again we went around about on that last one too)

We left it like this...

That BRP is working on the solution to this problem, and that in being fair and reasonable to them I would allow them a reasonable time frame to work on this solution.

But, that I would not wait forever. That once I feel no solution is really forth coming I would take the steps needed to protect myself and my rights here in NYS.

I know he has a tough job, not one I would want. But in our talk he did seem to be trying to let me know they are working towards a fix for this problem.

He also told me "it's OK to crank the bars until it turns" as it would not break. So I will put the "power to it" and make this thing turn when I need to, and let the pieces fall where they will.

Who knows, maybe it will stay together? But I have to tell you it sure does not feel like it will for very long at all.

I am going to allow BRP some time to work on this and see what happens in trying to be reasonable to them. NYS has a 18 month window for Lemon law so I have time on my side.

However, I did tell him that if the 2011's come out and don't have this problem, all bets are off! That I will then be doing what I need to do ASAP regarding this 2010 shortcoming.

I will let you know as more happens, and I know more myself.

But right now at least BRP finally called, and I got to "vent" a bit to poor Carlo.

MM
    Last edited by Magic Man; 04-16-2010 at 08:12 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update Magicman
    Happy Owner