Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Easter Day Ride Crack Down LOL

I hope that by the time you finish reading this you all learn how being a little impatient for a beautiful day can get the best of you. On Easter Sunday when it was bright and sunny here in Brooklyn , NY and before I got busy with the family I decided to take a good friend of mine and me on a ride around to see some family. Now in doing so after visiting with the fam and getting my spyder all warmed up from this long and crazy season that got the best of me and kept me inside the house most of the time. I decided to open her up on the Belt Parkway. Going west bound past the Verrazano Bridge I notice a fellow spyder rider on the other side pulled over by the cops. I figured something was not good so I made a u-turn on the next exit and wanted to meet up with the guy. You see I try to get connected with as many other spyder riders that I see on the road in my neck of the woods, because I want my summer to be more enjoyable than the last where I rode the streets alone. But back to my story, I made the u-turn and continued east bound on the Belt Parkway getting close to where I saw the spyder. Before long I saw a cop car just zip passed me full speed and begin to zig zag all three lanes of the Belt about half a mile in front me slowing down the traffic. Now the friend that I was riding with told me they going to pull you over too and I was like “No”. But yup that is what he did as I got closer and the funny thing is I winded up right where I wanted to be, right in back of the first guy I saw. Go figure LOL Anyway they other rider was Edwin and he had a nice red spyder he just got not too long ago and he was also taking his out for a run on the beautiful Easter afternoon. Now I won’t say what they pulled him over for but I will say that the cop that grabbed me try to hit me with a bunch of stuff. Real big attitude and ego as if to say yea I got two of them. After I explained my situation all he wound up giving me was a ticket for overdue inspection. I knew I was passed due and I was going to do it first thing Monday which I did but I couldn’t resist the need to ride LOL. Well that’s my story hope you all had a good Easter as I did because my life is never uneventful unless I don’t make it that way. Enjoy the pics.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HotWheels View Post
    I hope that by the time you finish reading this you all learn how being a little impatient for a beautiful day can get the best of you. On Easter Sunday when it was bright and sunny here in Brooklyn , NY and before I got busy with the family I decided to take a good friend of mine and me on a ride around to see some family. Now in doing so after visiting with the fam and getting my spyder all warmed up from this long and crazy season that got the best of me and kept me inside the house most of the time. I decided to open her up on the Belt Parkway. Going west bound past the Verrazano Bridge I notice a fellow spyder rider on the other side pulled over by the cops. I figured something was not good so I made a u-turn on the next exit and wanted to meet up with the guy. You see I try to get connected with as many other spyder riders that I see on the road in my neck of the woods, because I want my summer to be more enjoyable than the last where I rode the streets alone. But back to my story, I made the u-turn and continued east bound on the Belt Parkway getting close to where I saw the spyder. Before long I saw a cop car just zip passed me full speed and begin to zig zag all three lanes of the Belt about half a mile in front me slowing down the traffic. Now the friend that I was riding with told me they going to pull you over too and I was like “No”. But yup that is what he did as I got closer and the funny thing is I winded up right where I wanted to be, right in back of the first guy I saw. Go figure LOL Anyway they other rider was Edwin and he had a nice red spyder he just got not too long ago and he was also taking his out for a run on the beautiful Easter afternoon. Now I won’t say what they pulled him over for but I will say that the cop that grabbed me try to hit me with a bunch of stuff. Real big attitude and ego as if to say yea I got two of them. After I explained my situation all he wound up giving me was a ticket for overdue inspection. I knew I was passed due and I was going to do it first thing Monday which I did but I couldn’t resist the need to ride LOL. Well that’s my story hope you all had a good Easter as I did because my life is never uneventful unless I don’t make it that way. Enjoy the pics.

Thanks for the photo's I have fond memories of that area Use to do a little racing near there.[connecting highway] That was before they built the bridge. Funny how they did the roadway on the bridge, They started in the middle and worked out to the ends.
    Also did a lot of racing at Cross Bay.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wasn't it nice to meet the friendly officer while trying to meet another Spyder Ryder? I was hoping the story would end differently, and he would have let you off with just a warning.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

looks like some nice scenery down there, good you got out and met some spyder rider.. Too bad you got nabbed though.

what do you mean by passing inspection?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post

Thanks for the photo's I have fond memories of that area Use to do a little racing near there.[connecting highway] That was before they built the bridge. Funny how they did the roadway on the bridge, They started in the middle and worked out to the ends.
    Also did a lot of racing at Cross Bay.
    Yea we a lot has changed. But we should get together and ride one day I could love to hear more about the better days of Brooklyn NY.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RoadHammer View Post
    Some states have annual vehicle inspections. It is their way of extorting more money from the public, by forcing them to pay for a service center to validate their vehicle as being safe to operate on the public highways. They check things like your lights, brakes, exhaust, tires, and so forth. If you pass the inspection you get a sticker that must be placed in a certain area on the vehicle, so law enforcement can readily see it.

Technically it is a good idea to try to keep everyone safer on the roads.

SC did away with vehicle inspections quite a few years ago, and now you should see some of the vehicles running down the roadways.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

He gave me the ticket for passed over due inspection. It was due for inspection August of 2009 and with the wacky weather here in New York i haven't been able to take the bike. When i realized i was over due it was to late.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post

I didn't mine the slap in the hand for being a bad boy plus it was a great story to tell.

Spyder Garage

Great story, But did you get to ryde with your new friend. We had a good Easter ryde also here in East Tn.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YPILOT View Post
    Great story, But did you get to ryde with your new friend. We had a good Easter ryde also here in East Tn.
    No we talked and i gave him one of my "lets plan a ride" card with all my info. What they pulled him over for was more serious than me and he needed to stick around for his brother who was a fellow officer to get out of some of the tickets he was getting.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

No we talked and i gave him one of my "lets plan a ride" card with all my info. What they pulled him over for was more serious than me and he needed to stick around for his brother who was a fellow officer to get out of some of the tickets he was getting.
    That doesn't sound good at all for him. I hope his brother was able to help the situation at least a little.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

That doesn't sound good at all for him. I hope his brother was able to help the situation at least a little.

His Brother is a cop, He should have had one of his get out of jail card with him. [i never leave home with out it]

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

His Brother is a cop, He should have had one of his get out of jail card with him. [i never leave home with out it]
    I wonder if that works if your brother in law is a cop in another state? I may have to ask him about that.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Yea we a lot has changed. But we should get together and ride one day I could love to hear more about the better days of Brooklyn NY.
    I moved out of Brooklyn around 1971. [bushwick] Only been back once.
    And that was to a restaurant at the old Schaefer Brewery.
    If life taught me anything , It's you can't go back.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I moved out of Brooklyn around 1971. [bushwick] Only been back once.
    And that was to a restaurant at the old Schaefer Brewery.
    If life taught me anything , It's you can't go back.
    If you would have waited one more year and maby we could have met 72 is when i was born But going back to see the past is never that bad it always brings back those great feeling you use to have. I know many times i wish i could go back but if i could i wouldn't have my . So i guess just thinking about it is all we can do.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I wonder if that works if your brother in law is a cop in another state? I may have to ask him about that.

As long as you didn't do something too crazy.They usually stick together like glazed donuts in high humidity

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Mmmm donuts, mmmmm.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Some states have annual vehicle inspections. It is their way of extorting more money from the public, by forcing them to pay for a service center to validate their vehicle as being safe to operate on the public highways. They check things like your lights, brakes, exhaust, tires, and so forth. If you pass the inspection you get a sticker that must be placed in a certain area on the vehicle, so law enforcement can readily see it.

SC did away with vehicle inspections quite a few years ago, and now you should see some of the vehicles running down the roadways.
    scam I say... we don't have that yearly around here, only when we sell a vehicle you need to get it passed.. I know in the larger cities your vehicle has to pass the sniffer test every year or so.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

scam I say... we don't have that yearly around here, only when we sell a vehicle you need to get it passed.. I know in the larger cities your vehicle has to pass the sniffer test every year or so.
    It became an easy way for the repair shops to make some extra cash around here. They would tell you something was wrong even though it really wasn't, and attempt to make you pay for a repair before leaving the shop. This was on top of the money you paid for the inspection in the first place.