Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I got my Spyder out on Sunday. With temps holding in the 40s for the next week or so, and the roads relatively clear (minus the frost heaves) I couldn't resist. It feels great to be back on the Spyder after 3 months without. I actually had a great weekend. Aside from Spydering Sunday I also managed to put 256 miles on my snowmobile Saturday, life is great!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Nah, not yet. Hopefully soon though. I have a battle w/ the insurance company on getting an MRI right now. I have good and bad days. Today is pretty good (cuz I wasn't working all weekend). The minute I come back to work I am totally shot by the end of the week.
    What are you doing with your exhaust system?
    an o-ring is fried and a quarter of the packing is gone.. I might ditch it and buy a new one or find somebody with a hindle.. You know of any ??

Spyder Garage

Beautiful weekend in CT.
    Drove to Winsted along the Farmington river Saturday and down to Haddam Meadows Sunday. Saw one Red Spyder!
    Today I went to WalMart? Goota go somewhere!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post
    vtrider, good luck with your surgery. I had mine removed in 1998. Went in at about 2:30 one afternoon was prepped and on the table in about an hour. They cut a inch slit above my belly button, another about 4" higher than that and two smaller cuts on my right side. I woke up in recover the next day and the worse pain was getting out of bed for the first time. I went home a few hours later and they gave me a script for 50 percosets. My brother filled it and I took one and went to bed. Everytime I woke up, I would eat and take another and go back to bed. About 4 days later I felt better and stopped taking the painkillers and a week after the surgery the stitches came out. The best part was being able to eat whatever I wanted and not worry about having an attack. I once ate a hard boiled egg and thought I was going to die.
    I know what you mean! The same thing happened to me when I ate some cheap hotdogs. I thought sure I was having a heart attack. The surgery procedure sounds like what you had done. I should be in and out of the hospital the same day.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    Vt, never a good time for any surgery, but you are between snowmobile and motorcycle seasons. Good luck and I hope to make it to your ride party.
    Thats right! It was planned that way. They wanted to do the surgery in February, but I said I can wait until March so I can get through most of the snowmobiling season. I'm gald I did! Now it's time to get more rides on the spyder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Good luck with the surgery vtrider. Hopefully it will go smoothly and you will be out ryding before you know it. The very best wishes to you.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    Thats right! It was planned that way. They wanted to do the surgery in February, but I said I can wait until March so I can get through most of the snowmobiling season. I'm gald I did! Now it's time to get more rides on the spyder.
    Good luck with the surgery.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Nah, not yet. Hopefully soon though. I have a battle w/ the insurance company on getting an MRI right now. I have good and bad days. Today is pretty good (cuz I wasn't working all weekend). The minute I come back to work I am totally shot by the end of the week.
    What are you doing with your exhaust system?
    Hope you and the Spyder are in top shape this Summer. Looking forward to meeting up again with you, HDX, and Road Dog. Went for a ride this weekend, My machine is all back together for now. I still had a couple lighting projects to do, but the weather was too nice to let it sit in the garage any longer. Road tested the new rear tire and air shock this weekend. Seems a little hard on the bumps, not sure if it is the Brigestone or me still trying to get used to the right settings on the shock. (or maybe I am just a bit older than when I parked it!)

Spyder Garage

Thank you everyone for the support! I'm sure the surgery will go well.
    By the way this thread is about Smylinacha's post on a nice ride, so I don't want to hijack it with all my problems. With that said, the spring time is here and hopefully followed by a nice summer, so lets get out and ride and enjoy the days ahead. I'm sure some of us will get together soon at some diner or some other place and meet for a friendly gathering. I'm looking forward to it.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

I don't mind hijacks - I actually like them - get to see what everyone else is up to!

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    Thank you everyone for the support! I'm sure the surgery will go well.
    By the way this thread is about Smylinacha's post on a nice ride, so I don't want to hijack it with all my problems. With that said, the spring time is here and hopefully followed by a nice summer, so lets get out and ride and enjoy the days ahead. I'm sure some of us will get together soon at some diner or some other place and meet for a friendly gathering. I'm looking forward to it.