Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice ride today!

Finally - I think it made it up to 50. We had a breakfast to go to so we rode there. I was passenger - still nervous taking mine out on the highway and still waiting to see if the new dps I got last Fall is the answer so I rode with HDX. Got a nice pic of Roaddog on his new Harley.....

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

had new dps put in mine after i got back from lamonts... been riding all winter everything seems to be great....

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

and is there really any nice pics of roaddog...

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

That is good to hear! My neck/shoulder has been really bad lately so if it were to act up, I am in no condition to fight it right now. I hope mine and others who have had new dps's put in is the final answer. Just wish they'd tell us that!

Spyder Garage

I had to work this morning, in at 5:00 out at 11:00. We was on the road by 1:00 up around the lake with snow on the ground. Back in by 4:00 after a brief stop at the in laws. Just before the sun started hiding behind the clouds. Guess we got about 100 miles, all in all a good day.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Yup, it hit 50 here today too. There is still a lot of snow on the ground though, melting very slowly. We rode our spyders to church this morning, then the grocery store and now I am at work and Brian is playing basketball. And yes we both took our spyders. Kim, it will be nice when you can get riding on your spyder again. I am enjoying mine as much today as when I got it two years ago. Looking for every opportunity to ride.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    and is there really any nice pics of roaddog...
    Oh Boy here we go I'll take a 160 mile day in March anytime

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Smylinacha;186341]Finally - I think it made it up to 50. We had a breakfast to go to so we rode there. I was passenger - still nervous taking mine out on the highway and still waiting to see if the new dps I got last Fall is the answer so I rode with HDX. Got a nice pic of Roaddog on his new Harley.....

I'm glad you got to go out for a ride. It was a nice day for sure! I went on a ride myself. There was still snow out where I went in the northeast area. There was a snowmobile snocross event in Barton Vermont which I drove by to see some of the action. I got many looks from bystanders with me on the spyder. I then stopped and had breakfast at this very good diner in Coventry. Anyhow, I had a good ride and logged over 150 miles for the day. This is a picture I took while on the road trip.

Last edited by vtrider; 03-07-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Dr appt at 8 a.m. tomorrow, probably MRI soon. I think the only thing that totally bothered me was my helmet - I really can't stand any added weight on my head. Next weekend it might hit the 60's so depending what the doc says, I might try it. I won't wear the big helmet

Glad you guys are out and about on your Spyders again!

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Yup, it hit 50 here today too. There is still a lot of snow on the ground though, melting very slowly. We rode our spyders to church this morning, then the grocery store and now I am at work and Brian is playing basketball. And yes we both took our spyders. Kim, it will be nice when you can get riding on your spyder again. I am enjoying mine as much today as when I got it two years ago. Looking for every opportunity to ride.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Wow - look at the snow there! But the roads are nice and clear for ya! Nice to have gotten a ride in huh? I can't wait - hopefully winter will be overwith soon. I'm looking forward to trying my new passenger seat bag!

[quote=vtrider;186380]
    Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Finally - I think it made it up to 50. We had a breakfast to go to so we rode there. I was passenger - still nervous taking mine out on the highway and still waiting to see if the new dps I got last Fall is the answer so I rode with HDX. Got a nice pic of Roaddog on his new Harley.....

I'm glad you got to go out for a ride. It was a nice day for sure! I went on a ride myself. There was still snow out where I went in the northeast area. There was a snowmobile snocross event in Barton Vermont which I drove by to see some of the action. I got many looks from bystanders with me on the spyder. I then stopped and had breakfast at this very good diner in Coventry. Anyhow, I had a good ride and logged over 150 miles for the day. This is a picture I took while on the road trip.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

PE-1294
    Spyder Garage

It was a beautiful day here, in the 70s, so we went riding. Had a great ride, nice lunch, and then back to the house. Bike ran and handled great! It was a great day.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Ahhhh 70's - I can't wait for that!

Quote Originally Posted by pitmon View Post
    It was a beautiful day here, in the 70s, so we went riding. Had a great ride, nice lunch, and then back to the house. Bike ran and handled great! It was a great day.

Spyder Garage

Kim, I hope you get your spyder on the road too. I haven't had the issues with the DPS so far. I hope it works well for you. I still would like to have a spyder meet & greet up here sometimes with some of the spyderlovers for all who are interested. I'll just have to plan on a time and place.
    I won't be riding much this week or maybe for the rest of the month myself. I will be going in the hospital this Thursday for a gallbladder operation. I have some large gallstones which cause painful attacks every once in a while, so I have to have my gallbladder removed. Hopefully once I recover everything will be normal for me.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wink

vtrider...

It takes a lot of gall, to have your gall bladder removed. Seriously, good luck with your surgery. Had my appendix removed, at age 58. Man, I didn't know something so small could hurt so much! Ugh...

It was 52 here today...went on a circle ride of about 50 miles and an hour. Supposed to be 59 here tomorrow...we'll see...

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    Kim, I hope you get your spyder on the road too. I haven't had the issues with the DPS so far. I hope it works well for you. I still would like to have a spyder meet & greet up here sometimes with some of the spyderlovers for all who are interested. I'll just have to plan on a time and place.
    I won't be riding much this week or maybe for the rest of the month myself. I will be going in the hospital this Thursday for a gallbladder operation. I have some large gallstones which cause painful attacks every once in a while, so I have to have my gallbladder removed. Hopefully once I recover everything will be normal for me.
    Good luck with the surgery. Endoscopic, I hope, that's much easier on you. They cut open a six inch slash on me, and that's a bit harder to take, but they had other work to do so there was no choice. We'll say a little prayer.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

great to here you guys got out.
    Too bad you didn't take your spydie out yet. I just finished up my air suspension & brakes tonight.. Now i need to rebuild my exhaust and im ready.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    Oh Boy here we go I'll take a 160 mile day in March anytime
    Looking good in the picture Roaddog.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck with your surgery.

I hear that the surgeons are so good now days at gallbladder removal that they do them while you Wait

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

vtrider, good luck with your surgery. I had mine removed in 1998. Went in at about 2:30 one afternoon was prepped and on the table in about an hour. They cut a inch slit above my belly button, another about 4" higher than that and two smaller cuts on my right side. I woke up in recover the next day and the worse pain was getting out of bed for the first time. I went home a few hours later and they gave me a script for 50 percosets. My brother filled it and I took one and went to bed. Everytime I woke up, I would eat and take another and go back to bed. About 4 days later I felt better and stopped taking the painkillers and a week after the surgery the stitches came out. The best part was being able to eat whatever I wanted and not worry about having an attack. I once ate a hard boiled egg and thought I was going to die.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Vt, never a good time for any surgery, but you are between snowmobile and motorcycle seasons. Good luck and I hope to make it to your ride party.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice Ride Thru Mule Pass

Nice ride the past couple of days to Silver City, NM. Thru Mule Pass that is full of twisties up and down. Total trip was about 600 miles following some "bemer boys" and their K1200's. Tough to keep up with those guys on the flats and in the twisties. Kept the speed on the flats around 70 mph and tried to stay within the speed limit. Cops can get ugly out here. But when I hit the twisties and we have lots in AZ I keep thinking of DPS problems but nothing yet. Having a steering problem overlooking a mountain pass is not something I ever want to experience

Spyder Garage

It was in the mid-40's yesterday, so I took the Sypder out for an hour. After that, I took my wife's Buell Blast out for a spin (she has a permit but hasn't taken the MSF course yet).

This morning it was 35 degrees when I left the house, but I rode anyway. It's supposed to be around 50 degrees for the evening rush hour.

In Ohio, you have to take advantage of sunny days whenever they appear.

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Looking forward to a meet this summer

I miss Vermont!

Good luck w/ the surgery - I hear gallstone attacks are quite painful - get it done and overwith and you'll be back to riding in no time!

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Nah, not yet. Hopefully soon though. I have a battle w/ the insurance company on getting an MRI right now. I have good and bad days. Today is pretty good (cuz I wasn't working all weekend). The minute I come back to work I am totally shot by the end of the week.
    What are you doing with your exhaust system?

Quote Originally Posted by RoadHammer View Post
    great to here you guys got out.
    Too bad you didn't take your spydie out yet. I just finished up my air suspension & brakes tonight.. Now i need to rebuild my exhaust and im ready.